The List: Things to bring to WDWCP!

IF you are driving....or even mailing clothes to yourself I found these nifty luggage ideas:

... gotta remove link, under 10 posts! ...

So you dont have to worry about wrinkled clothes and having to put everything on hangers when you get there...I'm sure it's collapsible too

Those boxes are actually pretty awesome. Thanks for posting them!

Anyway, for those not bringing cars, we could always rent them from the different car rental places at the resort ... what do you think about that idea?

Anyway, for those not bringing cars, we could always rent them from the different car rental places at the resort ... what do you think about that idea?

Just keep in mind that the minimum age to rent a car is 25. I'm not sure if this is a nationwide law, but that just seems to be the industry norm. :confused3 I don't know if that would be a problem for you, but I'd hate for you to get down there counting on renting a car and not be able to!

If you find a place that will rent to people younger than that, let me know, please! I would definitely be interested.

Just keep in mind that the minimum age to rent a car is 25. I'm not sure if this is a nationwide law, but that just seems to be the industry norm. :confused3 I don't know if that would be a problem for you, but I'd hate for you to get down there counting on renting a car and not be able to!

If you find a place that will rent to people younger than that, let me know, please! I would definitely be interested.

I am so glad I use to be a travel agent... You can in the state of Florida rent a car if your under the age of 25. You will have to pay an extra underage driver fee usually between $25-50 a day. You will also either need to provide proof of insurance they prefer full coverage or they will make you purchase there insurance. The avis at I want to say its the Doubletree at Downtown Disney (don't quote me) but one of the DTD hotels has an avis in it they will give you a discount if your a cast member. They were also cooler about renting to underage if you are a cast member.
You will also need a credit card in your name to rent. If you don't have a credit car then eagle rent a car will rent to you with either cash deposit or a debit card and they will place a hold on the debit card till you return it.
Hopes this helps.. This is just general since each rental place has there own policy since you are most likely to be renting from a branch. There is also a car rental at the Magic Kingdom Car Care Center and I at the Swan and Dolphin don't remember what agency though

Yay! I'm really glad to be proven wrong on this one. I have some friends who are planning on coming down while I'm there, but they weren't sure what they were going to do about renting a car. So now that will work out! Thanks, dopeyrunner!

If your friends are comming to visit you while you are working there. I would recomend that you get your friends a discount room on property have them take the ME (magical express) bus to the hotel and then rent a car near/on property. You will save in aiport taxes, concession fees and tolls.

Thanks for the suggestions! Is the actual car rental fee usually any cheaper if you rent a car away from the airport, or do you just save on the taxes, etc.?

For the most part it is cheaper to rent a car at one of the local branches just because they is usually less demand for the cars and they want to rent them out and make the income. Also your taxes and fees are less like say you rent a car at NYC JFK airport there is about 35% additional add on to the base price due to taxes versus taking a cab into the city and renting it there. Right now I know there is a deal at the airport to rent cars on the cheap but you have to drop them off out of state and it's only through the end of april.
In addition, watch out renting your car through a third party website like travelocity or expedia they could say that your location has cars available for rent when in fact the branch could be out. It happened to my brother.lol...
Mousesavers.com website has a link for rental car discounts code that can save you anywhere between 10-25% off your rental. Just copy the code and paste it on the car rentals website.

Well, depending on when you arrive, you might be able to get someone with a car to help you. I am planning on staying on property the night before the May 27th check-in and I am trying to find someone to split a room with. I'm driving down and can help someone who is flying get their stuff to Vista Way on the 27th if we are staying at the same resort or splitting a room. Plus then you can just take the Disney bus for free from the airport to the hotel since you will be considered a resort guest that day.

They have a deal right now for all the value resorts that you can get a hotel room May 26th for only $77. If you split this by two people than it is easily cheaper than either arriving the 27th and taking a shuttle to Vista Way or staying off property that night and having to get a taxi to the hotel and then to Vista Way the next day.

In california, the policy is pretty much the same. If you are under 25, you have to pay an extra charge and also like to see proof of insurance. I also think that it is a good choice to rent from one of the branches at the resort instead of renting directly from the airport because of cost and taxes. Also, if I do get into the program, I'll be flying in from california so I don't really want to drive after an 8 hour flight! Also, as mentioned before, some branches give you a discount if you are a CP! Yay for that! Yay for mousesavers! That's pretty much where I got the idea of renting a car.

FYI car rentals are considered in 24 hr increments. So a 1 day rental would be like a 8am pick up on monday with a 8am drop off on tuesday anything under or over can result in additional cost. I know under right, but they are assuming you are returning it with in a certain time period and Hertz is known to charge extra for early drop off.

I've looked through this thread and I think I've seen to bring a wireless router. I just wanted to make sure that the apartments don't already come with it. And if I don't bring one how do we connect to the internet? Are there two ethernet plugs in every room? Some in the living area?

Thanks!

I've looked through this thread and I think I've seen to bring a wireless router. I just wanted to make sure that the apartments don't already come with it. And if I don't bring one how do we connect to the internet? Are there two ethernet plugs in every room? Some in the living area?

Thanks!

The apt do NOT have wireless internet. There are like 2 plugs (at least in my old apt) near the kitchen.

I'v read your can't bring bikes to Disney, but what about Rollerblades? :)

What should I bring/leave at home?
Please remember that you will have one to seven other roommates in your apartment. Please be courteous.

Pets are not allowed.
Bikes are not allowed due to lack of storage.
Rollerblades are not allowed within your company-sponsored housing complex.
Candles are not allowed, as our fire code prohibits burning them.

http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/careerstart/wdw/students/faq.html

Sorry Vi.

What should I bring/leave at home?
Please remember that you will have one to seven other roommates in your apartment. Please be courteous.

Pets are not allowed.
Bikes are not allowed due to lack of storage.
Rollerblades are not allowed within your company-sponsored housing complex.
Candles are not allowed, as our fire code prohibits burning them.

http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/careerstart/wdw/students/faq.html

Sorry Vi.

hmmm....what about a collapasable razor scooter?? LOL

hmmm....what about a collapasable razor scooter?? LOL

I think when it says "Rollerblades are not allowed within your company-sponsored housing complex", that Disney is saying these things are not allowed in your apartments for space sake but if you had a car if you stored it in there it would be ok...I'm just guessing here...I might have interpreted it wrong.

Well, depending on when you arrive, you might be able to get someone with a car to help you. I am planning on staying on property the night before the May 27th check-in and I am trying to find someone to split a room with. I'm driving down and can help someone who is flying get their stuff to Vista Way on the 27th if we are staying at the same resort or splitting a room. Plus then you can just take the Disney bus for free from the airport to the hotel since you will be considered a resort guest that day.

They have a deal right now for all the value resorts that you can get a hotel room May 26th for only $77. If you split this by two people than it is easily cheaper than either arriving the 27th and taking a shuttle to Vista Way or staying off property that night and having to get a taxi to the hotel and then to Vista Way the next day.

Hey that $77 deal is great.. gotta let The Mother know. I am staying there the night before as well. I know pop century is my favorite to stay at, I'll speak with The Mother about splitting a room. I live in FL so I can even get a lower discount for FL rate I think. PM me with any details if you wanna.

Thank to everyone who is giving the ideas for what to bring. I need to save up more money... ugh. I wonder if they Rent out wireless routers?

I would also bring or pick up once your there a power strip.. Just so your not fighting over outlets. Tupperware containers, reuseable lunchbag it is cheaper and easier to take your own lunch then to eat at the employee caf.

I think when it says "Rollerblades are not allowed within your company-sponsored housing complex", that Disney is saying these things are not allowed in your apartments for space sake but if you had a car if you stored it in there it would be ok...I'm just guessing here...I might have interpreted it wrong.

Actually, its an insurance reason. All it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone. Security told my apt one night (when our AC broke at 1130 PM, and they brought a portable one) about it, because we asked why. That was the reason they gave. One person ruined it for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter