• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Lucky Fortune Cookery at DCA

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
The description below is from DL's website but I do not see this restaurant on the map.

Chicken and beef rice bowls
Watch, as, before your eyes, the fortune cookie machine processes and folds cookies - complete with humorous fortunes

If it's what I think it is....it's on the little fishermans warf thingy that Boudin Bakery and Mission Tortilla are on. We eat at the tables outside Lucky Fortune whenever we eat on that side of the park (great little 'hidden' spot for the kids to get out of the strollers without having to worry about wondering away). Anyways, I've only seen it open once (granted we never go on weekends or otherwise busy days).

We used to buy big bags of fortune cookies there, they were great for in park snacks all day. I have not seen it open the last 2 trips we took though. :guilty:

On the Disneyland site it is not listed in DCA under the dining category. Does that mean it no longer exists as a restaurant? Every time we have been there it is never open.

The last time we saw it open was the year DCA first opened. Haven't seen it open since.

We asked a CM once, I think it was last summer. They said it was only open on THE busiest days. I haven't ever been to confirm/deny that :confused3 I'm sure someone will know though... I'm definatly curious.

I've seen Lucky Forturne Cookery only open once, and I think that was in DCA's first year. I've never eaten there.

Ate there once. I thought that a teriyaki chicken bowl would be great. (the ones they make here in the Modesto/Ceres area are fantastic) It was the worst chicken bowl I had ever tasted. I never go near enough to the place anymore to even know if their open or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter