The Magic Lamp Theater

auntyjenn

Dreaming of Disney
Can you watch the show at the Magic Lamp Theater in English? I feel like this show might not be the best if you don't understand the words.

Thanks!

At least as of the last time I saw the show, a handheld translation device was available. This is also true for some other TDR attractions, such as the Tiki Room, but not well publicized, so you likely will need to ask a cast member. This is probably far from the best Japanese, but should be understood: "Eigo no kikai ga arimas ka?" (Is there an English machine here?).

^^^^

Same here. We were handed iPad like translation devices. I didn't end up using mine as I preferred just concentrating on the show and it's easy enough to follow what's happening. I've always found that, as obvious foreigners, the cast members are pretty good about offering English translations where available.

Be sure to ask for the device! In all my times going to TDR, I've only been offered English translation options twice; once at the Little Mermaid Theater, and once at Tower of Terror. (The latter just being a card with an explanation of the backstory.)

I actually didn't know Magic Lamp had any type of English-language translator. On my last trip, I just translated the gist of it to my little brother so he wouldn't get lost. XD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter