The Most Magical Time of Year! December 2018 TR Completed 5/8 New TR link!

Cloe Colton

Registered
Hello friends! And welcome back to my fourth TR ever! (And all for trips in 2018!) I’m not even sure how that has happened but I am so thankful for every trip and every memory! And for all of you!

Welcome to our trip to Disney to celebrate Christmas! My first time ever going to Disney at Christmas was in 2015 during the last year of the Osborne lights and I basically fell in love. (I only got to see the lights once and I am so happy that I was able to see them! I wish Disney would bring them back!!)

Me and my DS Calista in 2015, who you will see on many of my other reports!

Disney itself is so magical but add on my favorite holiday and oodles of decorations and I am basically in heaven! My last time going to Disney during Christmas was in December 2016. I wanted to go in 2017 but at the time I was job hunting and unemployed and so I chose to do the adult, responsible thing and skip it for a year.

200w.webp

It killed me but it just wasn't going to happen!

But this year, I knew there was no way I wasn’t going!

If you read my July TR I booked our room at Port Orleans French Quarter after walking around on the last day of our trip. The nostalgia of old Disney trips really hit me hard and I just knew I had to stay there again! We do stay in values a lot of the time but knowing this would be a shorter trip I was willing to splurge on a moderate for our stay and I figured with it being my fourth trip in one year I would be much more willing to take it slow on this trip and enjoy the resort! Did I succeed? :rolleyes1 We had also received $400 in flight vouchers from Southwest due to a three-hour flight delay so once we got those I knew I was definitely doing this trip!

If you want to read more about our July anniversary trip click here – it was full of magic and pixie dust! :tink:

The trip was from December 14th – December 18th with three nights at Port Orleans French Quarter and one final night at the Hyatt Regency at MCO.

So who are we?

Cloe

Hi, my name is Cloe and I am addicted to Disney. I am a Disney-lover, Disney-obsessed, and just love all things Disney! I’ve gone to Disney my whole life, starting when I was six months old, and haven’t stopped since! My parents really sacrificed a lot to bring us on family trips to Disney and I just love the memories I have from those trips. It was always such a fun time! Basically I'm just saying, if you want to blame my love for Disney on someone, look at them! Haha I currently have an AP which was another reason why I decided to book this trip, when you have an AP it’s very easy to convince yourself to throw in extra trips! I will certainly miss being an AP when it expires in March but I have plans to renew it on DH and I’s next big trip in September 2019! (And will very likely get DH one as well!)

By day I am a boring ole financial analyst and by night I am a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations and also a Disney ear maker. My Disney side jobs really help me balance out my boring accounting job and give me a creative outlet and I love it! I also really enjoy the planning aspect of our trips and love to find ways to make each trip unique and memorable! (If you want to follow along on my planning adventures for our 2019 trips check out my PTR here!)

Favorite Character – Cinderella/Rapunzel
Favorite Restaurant – California Grill
Favorite Ride(s) - AK – FOP, MK – Space Mountain, DHS – Tower of Terror (SDD is a close 2nd!), EPCOT – Test Track
Favorite Resort – Toss up between the Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge

Dan (DH)

This is my DH, Dan, who is really starting to come around to loving Disney. He had never been to Disney until my family took him on his first trip with us and he still talks about how cool it was seeing everything for the first time. Over the years he tried to fight liking Disney but he is FINALLY coming around! He enjoys watching Disney vlogs with me and misses Disney almost as much as I do sometimes. The key to him having a good time is definitely a more relaxed pace and finding the good spots for beer so I always try to keep that in mind! And I think I do a pretty good job of it!

Favorite Character – Mickey Mouse
Favorite Restaurant – California Grill
Favorite Ride(s) – Flight of Passage
Favorite Resort – Wilderness Lodge

I hope you'll join in and read along and hear about all of the fun we had and all of the new things we did! It was a great trip!

I think that’s all the basics! If not, I’m sure I’ll add more details along the way!

Last edited:
Joining in!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

I only saw the Osborne lights once as well (the year before you did) and I am beyond grateful that I did. It would have killed me to never see them in person!

My first time ever going to Disney at Christmas was in 2015 during the last year of the Osborne lights and I basically fell in love. (I only got to see the lights once and I am so happy that I was able to see them! I wish Disney would bring them back!!)

I made a special, last-minute trip down there to see the Osborne lights too. That was my second time seeing them and they were amazing :love:

If you read my July TR I booked our room at Port Orleans French Quarter after walking around on the last day of our trip. The nostalgia of old Disney trips really hit me hard and I just knew I had to stay there again!

I hope you have a lot of pics of POFQ. We are staying here for the first time in April :goodvibes

Joining in, we got to see the Osborne lights twice and loved them. So beautiful!

I love your Christmas sweaters. So cute!

Hi, my name is Cloe and I am addicted to Disney. I am a Disney-lover, Disney-obsessed, and just love all things Disney! I’ve gone to Disney my whole life, starting when I was six months old, and haven’t stopped since! My parents really sacrificed a lot to bring us on family trips to Disney and I just love the memories I have from those trips. It was always such a fun time! Basically I'm just saying, if you want to blame my love for Disney on someone, look at them! Haha I currently have an AP which was another reason why I decided to book this trip, when you have an AP it’s very easy to convince yourself to throw in extra trips! I will certainly miss being an AP when it expires in March but I have plans to renew it on DH and I’s next big trip in September 2019! (And will very likely get DH one as well!)

Sounds like me! First trip was when I was six months, and then we went every year until I was in middle school. It was my parent's favorite place to go, and it wasn't until my grandparents moved to California that they had to make the decision on where they spent their vacation money. So the annual trip got skipped until we were back in high school. Always thank them for the sacrifices they made to make those annual trips a reality. I mean really, how can you not ever forget being in EPCOT three weeks after it opened??? When there were NO crowds in November!

Joining in!! Can't wait to hear about it!!

I only saw the Osborne lights once as well (the year before you did) and I am beyond grateful that I did. It would have killed me to never see them in person!

Same! My trip there was a totally random trip too because I had to go to Miami for work and I was like there is absolutely NO way I am going to be that close to Disney and not go and thankfully my Mom and sister were able to fly down to meet me. Its one of my favorite trips to date!

I still cant believe they haven't brought some version of it back, even if it was just in the area by the Muppets I think we would all be very happy!!

Yay! Can't wait to read another trip report!

Thanks for joining in!

I made a special, last-minute trip down there to see the Osborne lights too. That was my second time seeing them and they were amazing :love:

Our trip was a last minute one too! I had to go to Miami for work and was like I am getting myself to Disney if its the last thing I do! haha originally my Mom and sister weren't going to come because my Mom was afraid to fly by herself (she heavily relies on me for directions and getting around - but I know she could have handled it!) and my Aunt ended up deciding to come which made my Mom more comfortable! I couldn't have made it any easier for her, I was literally waiting at the bottom of the escalator by baggage claim for her!

I hope you have a lot of pics of POFQ. We are staying here for the first time in April :goodvibes

I definitely did!! I think you'll like it!

Joining in, we got to see the Osborne lights twice and loved them. So beautiful!

I love your Christmas sweaters. So cute!

They really were so amazing!!

Thanks! We actually got an anytime FP when Test Track broke down on that trip and we went to use it on Soarin not realizing it wasn't allowed for that ride and the CM took pity on us because we looked cute in our matching sweaters (my Mom had one too!) and let us go through the FP line!

Sounds like me! First trip was when I was six months, and then we went every year until I was in middle school. It was my parent's favorite place to go, and it wasn't until my grandparents moved to California that they had to make the decision on where they spent their vacation money. So the annual trip got skipped until we were back in high school. Always thank them for the sacrifices they made to make those annual trips a reality. I mean really, how can you not ever forget being in EPCOT three weeks after it opened??? When there were NO crowds in November!

Right??? I definitely appreciate everything they did to make sure we could get to Disney!

Jumping in. I hope to make it to Disney at Christmas time at least once in my lifetime. The closest we've come is the first week of November and we got to see the fall decor change over to the Christmas decor, but it sure wasn't the same as being there at Christmas time.

Following along. I've binged all your TR over the last two weeks and I look forward to this one. Looking to go this December, so if you could squeeze in some info on the weather and crowds I'd appreciate it :)

Joining in! I would love to get to Disney at Christmas one year so am looking forward to hearing all about it. :)

I loved the Osborne lights!!!! I was devastated when they left. I'm always hoping they're going to pop up again someday!

Love your Disney Christmas sweaters :) Excited to hear about this trip! Christmas is our favorite time to visit, too!

I found this one before it was 10 pages in . Following along. Looking forward to reading more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!