The Most Magical Time of Year! December 2018 TR Completed 5/8 New TR link!

I beat everyone of course hahaha I had jokingly told them how my Mom and sister claim I always cheat on TSM since I always win and when I won this time they said the same thing :rotfl: I swear if there is a way to cheat I’m not aware of it!

Seriously though, if you do know a way to cheat, let a girl know. I lose to my DH every single time, no matter how many "tip" videos I watch of this ride. :laughing:

There was another group checking in at the same time as us and basically barreled over us once we reached the top floor so they could go and watch the fireworks.

What is wrong with people? I've had such bad luck with rude people during parades and fireworks, it's ridiculous. Especially people who show up at the last minute but think they're entitled to whatever spot they want.

Cute pictures at the Contemporary and your meal looks so good!

Seriously though, if you do know a way to cheat, let a girl know. I lose to my DH every single time, no matter how many "tip" videos I watch of this ride. :laughing:

The only tip I know is to not waste your energy on the practice round! And I think there are bonus points if you unlock certain things but most of the time I ride alone so I don't know that I've ever gotten those!

What is wrong with people? I've had such bad luck with rude people during parades and fireworks, it's ridiculous. Especially people who show up at the last minute but think they're entitled to whatever spot they want.

It was actually comical watching these grown women who could barely walk in their heels run past us to check in first (which meant they were pushed farther into the elevator than us) and then barrel past us once the elevator doors opened. But yeah, I don't get it either!!

Cute pictures at the Contemporary and your meal looks so good!

It was a perfect night!

Such a nice end to your day! I love your photos of all the Christmas decor at night. Despite the Osborne lights being gone, they still do a nice job decorating HS. So nice you got to spend some time with your family too. Your dinner sounds so nice, I am going to have to try CA Grille one of these days. We aren't huge into sit down dinners which is strange since DH and I have a relaxing tourism style. Your evening sounds like it ended perfectly, your little photo shoot at the end looks like so much fun.

We were at MK the day you were at HS. Did you miss the rain around 11 am there? I remember having to wear ponchos for a short time that day.

That's awesome that you were able to spend time with family.

Do you prefer California Grill for dinner or brunch. I think I'm going to try to get an adr for brunch our next visit. Watching the fireworks from the balcony is such a perk!

Such a nice end to your day! I love your photos of all the Christmas decor at night. Despite the Osborne lights being gone, they still do a nice job decorating HS. So nice you got to spend some time with your family too. Your dinner sounds so nice, I am going to have to try CA Grille one of these days. We aren't huge into sit down dinners which is strange since DH and I have a relaxing tourism style. Your evening sounds like it ended perfectly, your little photo shoot at the end looks like so much fun.

They really do! I was so upset when I had to miss all of the new decorations in 2017, especially the shows on Tower of Terror so I'm glad I got to see them! Honestly, if they could just bring back the area of the Obsorne lights that was basically like a light tent then I would be happy! haha

You should try California Grill! After this dinner its definitely me and DH's favorite dinner spot. Between the atmosphere and the food you just can't go wrong!

We had a blast taking those photos lol its not often that you can find yourself somewhere in Disney without a million other people, especially at this time of year! So we took full advantage!

We were at MK the day you were at HS. Did you miss the rain around 11 am there? I remember having to wear ponchos for a short time that day.

That's awesome that you were able to spend time with family.

Do you prefer California Grill for dinner or brunch. I think I'm going to try to get an adr for brunch our next visit. Watching the fireworks from the balcony is such a perk!

I think it was sprinkling as we left POFQ! We had to make a decision if we should pony up and buy ponchos (because we completely forgot to pack ours) or just take a chance and hope it wouldn't pick up lol I think by the time we drove over to Disney Springs it had stopped!

It was fun!

Hmm thats a tough one, I don't think you can go wrong with either! The brunch to me felt like more of a special meal and we had such a great time. So if you can get the brunch, get it! DH and I will be trying for one on our September trip! You can actually use your receipt to get back up to watch the fireworks that night if you want! So don't let that be the reason you skip brunch!

Love your outfits! I enjoy reading about your trip! So different than mine with a 6 year old as a single mom HAHA. SOOOOO, very nice to read about yours! :)

Love your outfits! I enjoy reading about your trip! So different than mine with a 6 year old as a single mom HAHA. SOOOOO, very nice to read about yours! :)

Thank you and thanks for reading along!!

I told DH this year is going to be trip-heavy to get all of my Disney wiggles out before any kids haha because I can imagine bringing kiddos along changes trips a lot! Not necessarily in a bad way, because I cannot imagine seeing Disney through their eyes! Just different haha

Thank you and thanks for reading along!!

I told DH this year is going to be trip-heavy to get all of my Disney wiggles out before any kids haha because I can imagine bringing kiddos along changes trips a lot! Not necessarily in a bad way, because I cannot imagine seeing Disney through their eyes! Just different haha
Oh for sure different, but yes not in a bad way! It just makes the words "solo trip" mean so much more! My parents took us as children, and watching her enjoy it was so great. Thanks for sharing again

DAY 3 Part 1 December 16th

We slept in a bit this day since we knew we’d be up pretty late with the Christmas party later that night!
I somehow ended up being ready before DH so I kept myself occupied while waiting for Dan to finish getting ready :laughing:

Here was the view from our room – I love how both POFQ and POR really transport you to another place. You definitely feel like you could be in Louisiana and not in Disney World!

My original plan for this morning was to possibly go swimming before heading to lunch but we had to move our lunch up to accommodate more family members coming so instead we just took the time to meander around the resort and really appreciate all of the details. I usually end up not taking the time to do this and I'm so glad we did!

Dan was excited to find another fountain to enjoy :rotfl:

33492756898_fc2b94c26f.jpg

I saw this mask fabric in the store before our trip and just knew I needed to make some ears with it! And I love how they turned out! They just screamed POFQ to me!

40403388373_4e9e2ff32a.jpg

Some more pics from around the resort

Dan was excited to see 1991 on the sewer grate (the year I was born) and thought it would be a cool pic with my ears. A CM definitely thought I had passed out or something because he was very concerned and asked if I was okay as he walked by. Nope, just doing something weird for the ‘gram! :rotfl:

200w.webp

On our walk I realized that the same fountain was still here from when I was six or seven so we did our best to recreate the photo.

And we created a new memory with the fountain too

Here's a couple of other old French Quarter throwbacks! (When it was the ONLY Port Orleans :jester:)

Even though lunch wasn’t too far off I really wanted to try the famous beignets so we made our way over for a light breakfast!

The line was pretty long for the beignets but it was worth it since they were hot and fresh!

We decided since it was so nice out that we’d take our breakfast items and go back to sit at the fountain we were at earlier. Especially since Dan realized how much he loves fountains :rotfl:The beignets were really tasty but I have zero frame of reference as to what a REAL beignet tastes like so :confused3 they tasted to me like fried dough with powdered sugar in a Mickey shape. Which there's nothing wrong with that! lol I had wanted to try the ones with alcohol but we never made it back to try them!

Before heading out to meet up with my family I wanted to look around the gift shop. The upside to coming so often is that there wasn’t much I really wanted or needed and I had already picked up most of my Christmas gifts so I really was just browsing. But there were two things I knew I had to get! The POFQ mug because to me it is super reminiscent of the old mugs they used to sell and the holiday resort pin. I thought these were such a fun idea! And a great way to get people to buy another resort pin if they already own the other ones! I didn’t have any resort pins for POFQ so I was excited to get the Christmas-themed one to remember our trip by!

Time to head to lunch! But first a couple of pictures with the fun Mardi Gras masks!

There's just no good way to get a picture of these! :rotfl:

I found it funny how on this trip we had two nights where we ended the night somewhere and started the next day in the same spot because we were back to the Contemporary for lunch!

I had never tried the Wave before and I really wanted to try it finally. I now only have to eat at Citricos and V&A’s to have eaten at all of the monorail resort restaurants! :woohoo: (although I'm not sure I'll ever splurge on V&As but I guess never say never!)

We were still waiting on my family members to meet us so we made our way outside to say hello to sorcerer mickey!

I definitely want to stay at the Contemporary again someday. Even though I’ve only ever spent one night there I just love it!

My Aunt Mary Lynn, Tricia and Mike weren't too far behind Dan and I. I think they'd actually gotten to the Contemporary before us and had been in the gift shop buying all the things (as you do in Disney! haha) My other cousin Christy (Tricia's sister and Aunt Mary Lynn's other daughter) was meeting up with us as well today but she had started her day at EPCOT and took the monorail over which ended up delaying her quite a bit. Thankfully, they held our reservation until she arrived (30 minutes late). We enjoyed the cool blue lounge area while we waited.

(Dan was very sad he couldn't wear this shirt AND the Darth sweater in DHS the day before! haha)

Finally we were seated and it was time for lunch!

To eat Dan and I split the crab cakes and I think he got some sort of sandwich to eat. For my main meal I just went with a ceasar salad because I love Disney ceasar salads!

Dan ordered the beer flight because he felt like it was the most economical option. (No idea what beers they were but he seemed to enjoy them!)

This was a really fun lunch and I’m so glad we were all able to make it. It was cool too because my cousin Christy’s friend that she brought with her works for Concrete Beach Brewary in Miami and he was part of the team that created Kungalosh in DAK and also Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge new beer. (Don’t worry – WDWNT has already released this news since he told us about it) The beer is designed to look look like a Tatooine sunset, you can try the beer out at the brewery now! (DH is hoping he'll get to try the beer in September since SWGE will be open!)

Before leaving we had our waitress grab a group photo of us.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Wave and I'll definitely be back!

Up next some monorail resort hopping (well hop but I'll explain!) and a sold out Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

*** This will be my last update for a week or so! Headed to WDW tomorrow afternoon for another fabulous girls trip with my Mom and Calista and I can't wait! If you want to follow along in real time feel free to follow me on instagram at cloe_girl1 :butterfly

Or if you have any interest in reading about our plans hop on over to my PTR
here

OH man I was WAAAAY behind! I am all caught up now!

To drink I had the moonshine mash. I was worried about not liking it since I had never tried moonshine before but since the moonshine was infused with watermelon it was super good! And I'm not even sure I could taste the moonshine :rotfl: but that's a sign of a good drink to me! This also really hit the spot after traveling and just getting to Disney!

My favorite! Yum

I told myself I didn’t need a refillable mug this trip but since they had those I had to get one. Dan didn't get one though since we had order Amazon Prime Now and he had plenty of Gatorades to drink.
I hope they bring these back this year.

Dan said one of his favorite moments of this trip was sitting by the fountain and finishing his beer while I shopped :rotfl: he's just a simple guy!

Look at that happy face! haha
I love it! Sometimes it is the simple things..

d! Our FP for Slinky Dog was ending at 3:25 (we did still have the 15 minute the grace period) and we didn’t make it into TSL until 3:24!

46200438255_fe78cbf0ca.jpg
I never want to risk the whole grace period thing... Glad you made it!

So we rode this in pretty much broad daylight so I have no idea why the ride photo looks like we rode at midnight! :rotfl2:

That is so strange..

We sat here until the sun went down and it was probably one of my favorite memories from the trip!

Sharing time with family and friends is really what Disney is all about!

I love your ears and sweater, very cute!
We love FQ, we have stayed 3 times now.
The Wave is a nice place, we have had breakfast there twice, yummy!
Have an awesome trip, we aren’t to far behind you, we leave in 1&1/2 weeks!

Your Port Orleans themed ears came out awesome!

Love the pics around the resort!

Sounds like a nice lunch with family!

I got 4 pages behind because I stopped getting notifications! Grr. And then a bunch of my quotes disappeared. Sigh. Today is not my Dis day apparently LOL

*To those who buy things in Disney JUST to resell them*
tenor.gif
I love this gif, and I use that line ALL. THE. TIME.

Dan felt pretty self conscious of it and kept his hands over the lights! Hahaha

This is absolutely hilarious.

I love your Minnie Christmas sweater!!

Visiting WDW at Christmas time is my absolute favorite!!! This report is making me SO excited that we will be back there this December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter