The most rock n roll lyrics in rock n roll

Why are these quotes for stuff 20-30 years ago? Are any of them still living the dream?

Prog rock is weird. I kinda like it, but it's not sex, drugs, and rock and roll. It's like nerdy kids getting high playing D&D.

I'm going to go with a classic (and cheating with the 1-2 line limit):

Well early in the morning I'm a giving you the warning
Don't you step on my blue suede shoes
Hey diddle diddle I'll play my fiddle
Ain't got nothing to lose
Roll over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news

Johnny died one night. Died in his bed.
A bottle of whiskey, sleeping tablets by his head

Why are these quotes for stuff 20-30 years ago? Are any of them still living the dream?

Prog rock is weird. I kinda like it, but it's not sex, drugs, and rock and roll. It's like nerdy kids getting high playing D&D.
More like 30-40 years ago. And because that’s when Rock & Roll was Rock & Roll. Good number of them still out there layin it down in their 60s and 70s. That era was something special.

More like 30-40 years ago. And because that’s when Rock & Roll was Rock & Roll. Good number of them still out there layin it down in their 60s and 70s. That era was something special.

Actually, I find the current bands really, really, rock and roll again! (Not so much the stuff I should have gone to high school with like 98 degrees- don't make your kids skip grades! - although Nirvana and NIN were awesome.) Although I like the old stuff; just found the continued love of it...interesting. I mean, I've seen all old bands that are still touring and they do rock, but I bet FJM is doing a lot more rock and roll stuff than Mick Jagger at present. He may be the the ultimate front man though. The partying that Tommy Lee and Poison did in the 80s, just looks so quaint now, ya know?

Actually, I find the current bands really, really, rock and roll again! (Not so much the stuff I should have gone to high school with like 98 degrees- don't make your kids skip grades! - although Nirvana and NIN were awesome.) Although I like the old stuff; just found the continued love of it...interesting. I mean, I've seen all old bands that are still touring and they do rock, but I bet FJM is doing a lot more rock and roll stuff than Mick Jagger at present. He may be the the ultimate front man though. The partying that Tommy Lee and Poison did in the 80s, just looks so quaint now, ya know?
I wouldn’t know what is considered rock these days. For me Nirvana was never it. All I can say is, you had to be there to understand.

I wouldn’t know what is considered rock these days. For me Nirvana was never it. All I can say is, you had to be there to understand.

Ah, wenrob, I though you were my age or thereabouts?

@Micca - I didn't say bad weird. Just weird, weird. I like a lot of it.

I was just thinking of what the essence of rock and roll was; I know a lot of the old, old stuff, like Hendrix, wasn't staged and a lot of the 80s (just for instance using Poison in my comment above) was, and I see modern rockers really being so rock and roll again.

I'll add this awesome line for most rock and roll:

"All the wine is all for me"

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said, 'we are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Ah, wenrob, I though you were my age or thereabouts?

@Micca - I didn't say bad weird. Just weird, weird. I like a lot of it.

I was just thinking of what the essence of rock and roll was; I know a lot of the old, old stuff, like Hendrix, wasn't staged and a lot of the 80s (just for instance using Poison in my comment above) was, and I see modern rockers really being so rock and roll again.

I'll add this awesome line for most rock and roll:

"All the wine is all for me"
Ha, I’d like to say you’re right but I’m a good 12+ years older than you. Poison is a really bad example but guys like Tesla? Or The Red Hot Chili Peppers? They kept/keep it real. The first time I saw Tesla they didn’t have an opening act, hell the lights didn’t even go down. They just hit the stage and blew the place up. I grew up on some great music and I actually lean more towards my Dad’s stuff. More often than not you’ll find me listening to Elton John, The Eagles, The Steve Miller Band, Van Morrison to name a few.

And to stay on topic:
“I’m a joker, I’m a smoker, I’m a midnight toker...”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter