• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The MURPHYS are LIVE from the Yacht Club!!! (3/19 - 3/27)

What a great report. Thank you! I just spent my morning at work reading it all. Needless to say, not a very productive day. I'm so glad you had such a great time. We ate at Cali Grill this past October for our Anniversary dinner and LOVED it. Thanks for your trip report. Oh...I noticed it was LIVE. Was the internet free or did they charge? Thanks again.

I have a sprint card for my laptop, so I just use that :)

Ooohhh...I didn't think of that. I will have to look into it. Thanks for the tip! We are staying at BWV for the first time in May. I see you were able to view the Illuminations from the bridge. Can you see the globe and hear the show as well? Thanks again for answering everyones questions. So nice of you.

You will see that style in a bunch of places. They make it in black/white and also khaki/white. You can get the purse in the size she got, or they also have a beach bag/tote size as well. We saw it in Mousegears, the Emporium, and also the Marketplace at AK. They also have matching sandals to go with it. :) My Mom and I did so much shopping we had to carry extra bags on the plane. :lmao:

I LOVE to shop also and we have friends coming with us for the first 6 days so I am sure we will be doing a little shopping ;)..thanks..my mom just got me one similiar for my bday to take with but I like the one your mom had better...maybe I will buy it with the excuse it is for my DD..she is a purse fanatic!!!

The Murphys are LIVE!!!!!!!
Yacht Club - garden view concierge
March 19 - 27, 2010

IMG_0639.jpg

Hello again to all my DIS friends!!! :grouphug: Have you missed us?? ;) I feel like its been way too long since our last trip to WDW, which was in March 2009. Where did the time go? We took a trip to Las Vegas in June 09, then a beach vacation to St. Pete, followed by a week at Universal/IOA in July 09, then a fall vacation to the Smokeys and Dollywood in Oct 09, and now FINALLY we are back ~home sweet home~ to WDW where we belong! :lovestruc As always, we will be coming to you LIVE with regular updates and pics so everyone can travel along with our family to the Happiest Place on Earth :cloud9: So feel free to ask questions, give comments, or just enjoy the ride. We'll be heading out first thing Friday morning, just a little over 3 days from now. For those of you who don't know us you can brush up on our previous LIVE reports here:

OLD KEY WEST/POP: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2120680

CONTEMPORARY/POLY: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1986183

AKL/POLY/OKW: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1897008

BEACH CLUB: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1806020

And inside one of those links is another page of links to older live reports as well as links to our Travel Channel special. :)

OK... so HERE WE GO!!!!!! :cool1:

The Cast:

Brendan - age 38 - Husband, father, and ESPN Radio sports guy.

Erika - age 36 (turning 37 on the trip!) - Wife, mother, and domestic goddess. Not only obsessed with Disney but also all things Twilight and Harry Potter. ;)

Nicholas - age 10 - The videogame addict, future stand-up comedian, loves all the rides, especially MS, TT, and Space Mountain. Starting to get a little bit pre-teen and can sometimes pout or get annoyed with Mom and Dad.

Connor - age 8 - The artistic one, loves all the Kidcot stations, loves any kind of drawing contests at the resorts, loves Small World, Pooh, Buzz, Seas with Nemo, TSM, Dinoland, and the HISTK playground. He is obsessed with Legos and loves to eat. ;)

The Plan:

Arriving late on Friday night (spending first night at Pop Century) then checking-in at YC early Saturday morning for 7 nights garden view concierge. No dining plan this time around, but I made a ADR for each day.

ADRs:

Le Cellier (birthday dinner)
Teppen Edo
Sci-fi
Crystal Palace (Pooh breakfast)
Cape May
Coral Reef
Mamma Melrose

If you have any questions about the resort, our dining, or anything else please go ahead and start posting your questions now and we will get them answered. :wizard:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Were is sorcerer Mickey??? I love your picture!!! I have never seen him.

Ooohhh...I didn't think of that. I will have to look into it. Thanks for the tip! We are staying at BWV for the first time in May. I see you were able to view the Illuminations from the bridge. Can you see the globe and hear the show as well? Thanks again for answering everyones questions. So nice of you.

Nope, just the fireworks ;) But if you stand on the bridge leading to France, inside the park, you can see everything.

Just wondering if the construction on Cinderella's castle is complete? We leave in 12 days.
Thanks

They were still working on it when we were there on Friday. The water is all drained out and the "walls" are exposed. My youngest DS said "HEY, that's not even real bricks, its plastic!" :sad2: Poor little guy.

Were is sorcerer Mickey??? I love your picture!!! I have never seen him.

Just go to the Animation Courtyard at Hollywood Studios and either go thru the attraction, or you can enter thru the exit at the Art of Disney, and he is inside there. :) Sometimes the line can get really long, but if you go thru the exit you can sometimes catch the line shorter when people haven't exited the attraction yet. That is also where the UP meet and greet is located. :)

Just slammed through your whole TR this morning. Thanks so much for all of it!

We are staying CL in October for a few nights as a couples getaway. The other couple we are with is staying at BWV.

We plan on mostly Epcot and a night at Jelly Rolls so the either YCL or BWI CL has availability and is perfect.

Since you have stayed both and YCL is recent...which do you reccomend?

Currently we are at BWICL.

We are DVC members so can always go visit the pool at Boardwalk but cannot in the reverse at YC since it is strictly for guests staying there.

I love the water and have not enjoyed SAB since they made that rule like 10 years ago. In fact have stayed once at BCI, many times at BWV and none at YC or BC.

Neither of us like seafood at all so a few of the hot items we would not do at YC. We are going to enjoy a relaxed time and take advantage of no dining minus one night and just eating as we go.

Anyway - your expertise is appreciated. Like another poster said, Disney lovers make a decision and then spend the next 20 years wondering if it was the right one.

Thanks for your input!

:)First of all, Erica, Happy Belated Birthday! And what handsome boys you have!! I just found your TR today and with a trip coming up in mid-May at the BCVs with my DH, DD, SIL, 3DGC and niece, her husband & daughter and then my DH & I will be at the BWVs for the F&WF in Oct., these pictures of the pool and the Boardwalk area were just spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing with us. We (DH & I) have decided not to do the DP in Oct. for just the reasons you stated. Again, thanks for sharing -- loved the pictures!

Just slammed through your whole TR this morning. Thanks so much for all of it!

We are staying CL in October for a few nights as a couples getaway. The other couple we are with is staying at BWV.

We plan on mostly Epcot and a night at Jelly Rolls so the either YCL or BWI CL has availability and is perfect.

Since you have stayed both and YCL is recent...which do you reccomend?

Currently we are at BWICL.

We are DVC members so can always go visit the pool at Boardwalk but cannot in the reverse at YC since it is strictly for guests staying there.

I love the water and have not enjoyed SAB since they made that rule like 10 years ago. In fact have stayed once at BCI, many times at BWV and none at YC or BC.

Neither of us like seafood at all so a few of the hot items we would not do at YC. We are going to enjoy a relaxed time and take advantage of no dining minus one night and just eating as we go.

Anyway - your expertise is appreciated. Like another poster said, Disney lovers make a decision and then spend the next 20 years wondering if it was the right one.

Thanks for your input!

Since you aren't interested in using SAB I would go with BWI CL. :)

Since you aren't interested in using SAB I would go with BWI CL. :)

UGH!!! Trying to be careful and I totally see why you took it that way. :goodvibes

No - I meant that because you cannot go to SAB unless you are staying there, you cannot enjoy it and we have never stayed there so alas - no SAB for me in 10 years!!

I love the way the SAB looks and love the water...we plan on spending quite a bit of time at the resort where ever we stay.

Concerned about how far the walk is to and from BWI CL. Is it handy to get drinks often?

Sorry for the confusion!:worship:

...just found your report & enjoyed it so much! (happy belated bday!!!!) We are headed to GF on may 15 and I am getting so excited! Your report definitely put me in the Disney mindframe. One question came to mind: we have never eaten at California Grill...is there a best time to try to catch Wishes during the meal? Since this is so late in the game to try for this reservation is this something the concierge itinerary office can "help" me with?

So happy you had a good trip and your photos are great :)

Thank you for sharing!

UGH!!! Trying to be careful and I totally see why you took it that way. :goodvibes

No - I meant that because you cannot go to SAB unless you are staying there, you cannot enjoy it and we have never stayed there so alas - no SAB for me in 10 years!!

I love the way the SAB looks and love the water...we plan on spending quite a bit of time at the resort where ever we stay.

Concerned about how far the walk is to and from BWI CL. Is it handy to get drinks often?

Sorry for the confusion!:worship:

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you! I always forget to check back on this live report after the trip is over. :)

You are right, it is a long walk from the BWI CL to the main theme pool. Not handy at all. The distance from the YC CL to the pool is very close, and the bar is on the way. ;) Very easy and quick. :goodvibes

...just found your report & enjoyed it so much! (happy belated bday!!!!) We are headed to GF on may 15 and I am getting so excited! Your report definitely put me in the Disney mindframe. One question came to mind: we have never eaten at California Grill...is there a best time to try to catch Wishes during the meal? Since this is so late in the game to try for this reservation is this something the concierge itinerary office can "help" me with?

So happy you had a good trip and your photos are great :)

Thank you for sharing!

Typically Wishes is at 9:00 pm. You can check the times on the weekly schedule when you check-in at the GF. Our dinner reservation was at 8:00 pm, so we had drinks and appetizers first, then ate our meal after the fireworks ended. It was perfect timing. :) We got in the DAY OF, so we were very lucky. :thumbsup2 If the IPO can't get you in try again after check-in with the staff at the resort. (different group of people, they have pull for extra Pixie Dust) :wizard:

Boating in general is a really fun thing to do as far as recreational activities go. A lot of the clubs available right online allow you to buy a membership and use their fleet of boats such as Catalina Yachts. This yacht is one of the most popular yachts and by joining a yacht club will get the opportunity to sail this yacht.

WOW! I can't believe this is on page 1 again! :) I just popped over here to start a new thread... MURPHYS are LIVE AGAIN!!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana: We arrive this Sunday, and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter