The Music of Disney May Exercise Challenge

Wahoo! We surpassed 90% of goal! Our TEAM is now at Rave Reviews Red! Great effort, everyone! party:

No individual color changes so far today, but a few members are very close to goal. I'll give everyone another day or so to post last minute minutes and then come back to wrap things up. Thanks so much for hanging out and going on this musical journey with me this month! I had a blast and hope you all enjoyed it, too.

We barely scratched the surface of Disney songs this month. Does anyone know how many songs Disney owns? I tried to find out for you, but I was unsuccessful. I found this article from two years ago ranking 368 animated Disney songs, but that doesn't account for live action films, tv shows, park music, show and parade music, musicals, ride music, etc. I would love to see Disney's musical impact revealed in numbers, keeping in mind, of course, that the total number is constantly growing.

As for our very last song of the day, I leave you with what I think is the most iconic Disney song ever (and it's my text tone::yes::):

When You Wish Upon a Star was released with the 1940 film Pinocchio. It was written by Leigh Harline and Ned Washington and originally performed by Cliff Edwards as the voice of Jiminy Cricket. This is the first Disney song to win an Academy Award, and it ranks 7th in the American Film Institute's 100 Greatest Songs in Film History. In 2009 this song was preserved in the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry for being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter