The NBA Bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more. For the most part, with few exceptions, the game has become nothing but street ball. Either hit the 3, or get a fast break slam dunk. The game isn't played at all as it was originally intended. You can watch a game and there's more holding, grabbing, charging, I sit there and say fowl, fowl, fowl. It's a joke. The mid-range jumper is all but gone. Blocking out and passing is all but game. Proper spacing on the court is nonexistent. Saw a NBA highlight a year or so ago and a player took 5 steps and wasn't charged with travelling. The stars get away with murder and never get called for fowls, because the refs know who the fans are buying tickets to see. I've definitely lost interest in the NBA game.
It’s probably because the NBA players aren’t a bunch of chickens like back in your day.

I’ll see myself out.

Sorry but Basketball plays third fiddle to Football and Baseball in the US.
Football is king in the US no doubt but I’d argue basketball is second or very close to baseball. Baseball as much as I love it is dying. They are not doing things to make the game more profitable and marketable to the younger generations.

Couldn't agree more. For the most part, with few exceptions, the game has become nothing but street ball. Either hit the 3, or get a fast break slam dunk. The game isn't played at all as it was originally intended. You can watch a game and there's more holding, grabbing, charging, I sit there and say fowl, fowl, fowl. It's a joke. The mid-range jumper is all but gone. Blocking out and passing is all but game. Proper spacing on the court is nonexistent. Saw a NBA highlight a year or so ago and a player took 5 steps and wasn't charged with travelling. The stars get away with murder and never get called for fowls, because the refs know who the fans are buying tickets to see. I've definitely lost interest in the NBA game.
Fowl is a bird. A foul I think it what you’re looking for. You certainly could call a foul every few seconds but that would make for a 3+ hour game and doesn’t sound like much fun to watch.

Football is king in the US no doubt but I’d argue basketball is second or very close to baseball. Baseball as much as I love it is dying. They are not doing things to make the game more profitable and marketable to the younger generations.

Fowl is a bird. A foul I think it what you’re looking for. You certainly could call a foul every few seconds but that would make for a 3+ hour game and doesn’t sound like much fun to watch.

Your right, Didn't look right when I typed it. Thought about that last night, didn't bother changing it.

Like said, I don't know why Disney has made such a commitment for a marginal sport. Normally the remote control stays less than 10 seconds on any channel with an NBA game on it. Now that the NBA is shoving BLM down our throats, it's, going to be less than one.
I hate it when people shove equality and values like love your fellow neighbor down our throats.

Come on.

I hate it when people shove equality and values like love your fellow neighbor down our throats.

Come on.

BLM sounds like a noble cause, but get online and read what the 3 founders and leaders of BLM stand for. Pulling the wool over people's eyes. Their writings promote radical Marxism period with no sugar coating. Sorry, but I don't equate radical Marxism, or burning down cities, or promoting the destruction to the police to equality and values like love your fellow neighbor and Disney shouldn't either, just to protect their stupid investment in the NBA. There's that equality word again. If you wouldn't mind, give me a specific example where there isn't equality in this country.

Last edited:

Baseball has changed the rules of late to speed up the game, which is definitely more fan friendly. Almost all kids can aspire to playing professional Baseball. Very, very few kids can realistically aspire to playing professional Football or Basketball, because the physical requirements are just too great for normal kids. Okay many kids aspire, but those aspirations for the most part are unrealistic for the average person.

Last edited:
BLM sounds like a noble cause, but get online and read what the 3 founders and leaders of BLM stand for. Pulling the wool over people's eyes. Their writings promote radical Marxism period with no sugar coating. Sorry, but I don't equate radical Marxism, or burning down cities, or promoting the destruction to the police to equality and values like love your fellow neighbor and Disney shouldn't either, just to protect their stupid investment in the NBA. There's that equality word again. If you wouldn't mind, give me a specific example where there isn't equality in this country.
LOL

Just stick to Facebook and Twitter with this kind of stuff not disboards

Yikes...

I have to say, this community used to better IMHO. There is so much hate on the Disboards these days. I realize that this is mostly a product of the larger political climate but I am begining to believe that there is a venn diagram that has Disney Park fans and racists/white supremacists overlapping

Last edited:
I have to say, this community used to better IMHO. There is so much hate on the Disboards these days. I realize that this is mostly a product of the larger political climate but I am begining to believe that there is a ven diagram that has Disney Park fans and racists/white supremacists overlapping
These people were there before but much of it was under the surface as no one was pushing them. 30 years ago you had NBA stars like Michael Jordan who purposefully stayed away from divisive issues because they "buy sneakers, too."

Now that organizations and companies are coming out in support of these things, you're going to see people saying things you would have never expected. I know I've learned a lot about certain family members over the past 4 years...

These people were there before but much of it was under the surface as no one was pushing them. 30 years ago you had NBA stars like Michael Jordan who purposefully stayed away from divisive issues because they "buy sneakers, too."

Now that organizations and companies are coming out in support of these things, you're going to see people saying things you would have never expected. I know I've learned a lot about certain family members over the past 4 years...
No doubt. Listen, I know that racism has always been there and as a cis white woman I get that I am the one that needs to be educated, but this board in particular has been waaaaaayy more to the right of Attila the Hun in recent weeks. Mention BLM or wearing masks and all heck breaks loose.

I guess all you can do is control yourself, you can't control everyone else.

Now that organizations and companies are coming out in support of these things, you're going to see people saying things you would have never expected.
Yep. Just this morning I read an article that mentioned how people today feel empowered to say the "inside your head" stuff out loud. People used to keep the hate to themselves for the most part. Now they have no filter and no hesitation in posting racist and bigoted things for all to see, even here on the DIS as seen in this thread and others, and Facebook and Twitter are total cesspools in this regard.

I have to say, this community used to better IMHO. There is so much hate on the Disboards these days. I realize that this is mostly a product of the larger political climate but I am begining to believe that there is a ven diagram that has Disney Park fans and racists/white supremacists overlapping

This post should be removed. However, I guess I wouldn't expect any less, given your first response. No hate here, just pointing out inconvenient facts.

Yep. Just this morning I read an article that mentioned how people today feel empowered to say the "inside your head" stuff out loud. People used to keep the hate to themselves for the most part. Now they have no filter and no hesitation in posting racist and bigoted things for all to see, even here on the DIS as seen in this thread and others, and Facebook and Twitter are total cesspools in this regard.

Making statements like this need to be backed up with specifics.

Do enough research on the leaders of BLM and you'll find that they are a racist, bigoted group period.

No doubt. Listen, I know that racism has always been there and as a cis white woman I get that I am the one that needs to be educated, but this board in particular has been waaaaaayy more to the right of Attila the Hun in recent weeks. Mention BLM or wearing masks and all heck breaks loose.

I guess all you can do is control yourself, you can't control everyone else.

Maybe it's because they're the ones participating in and contributing to the (violent riots) in NY, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, etc.

Maybe it's because they're the ones participating in and contributing to the (violent riots) in NY, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, etc.
And maybe you should also do some research in that not everyone involved in the current equality movement is not about riots. Some of those riots are started by people just looking to make these movements look like the bad guy in all of this. There is an equality issue in this country. It’s not just the black community either. The LBGT community, the Hispanic community, etc. If you can’t recognize that there are problems in this country than you are part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter