The nicest thing another guest (not CM) did for you at a Disney Park?

A lovely gentleman and his wife struck up a conversation with DD4 last September on the monorail. He gave her a gorgeous pin of Sleeping Beauty as we were leaving, saying it was a "princess for a princess." We bought her a lanyard and a few more pins while we were there, but I'll never forget the kindness he showed her. Brought tears to my eyes.

Ours was actually at Disneyland California not WDW. We were sat waiting for the parade when a harassed looking mother and DD came up behind us at the last minute. Although the DD of 5 could easily see over the top of us my friend and I looked at each other and without saying a word we squashed up to make room for them. The problem was that they didn't speak any English, so they weren't sure what we were doing. However, after a few moments we managed to explain why we'd moved and a very grateful mother sat down with her DD. The thing is, I think that we actually got the most out of the simple act because all through the parade we were able to share in their excitement and we even managed to have a 'conversation' with both the mum and DD, despite the lack of a common language.

noones ever done anything nice for me.. but I have done several things.. One time me and DH gave our Fastpasses for Expedition Everest to 2 people that were just entering the parks.. it happened to be the time that they could ride it.. I wasnt feeling well and just wanted to leave so I wanted to give them away.. all the fp were already gone for the day..

We just got back from WDW this past weekend.. we were in line for autographs/pictures behind the castle with the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella and a little girl behind us and her mom were talking and her Mickey pen had just broke and her mom couldnt find a pen.. I reached into my backpack and gave her a fat Tinkerbell pen that I had and told her that she could keep it.. You should have seen that little girls eyes light up.. That was enough for me.. :goodvibes

something I just thought of.. One night last week when we were coming back from one of the parks we ended up being one of the last ones on so we had to stand.. it was me, DD10, DH who was holding DGD and the folded up stroller in his other hand.... A woman on the bus offered her seat to DH.. He of course refused as he wouldnt take the seat from a woman, but when we were getting off we noticed she was pregnant! WOW.. Just Wow.. he had no idea she was pregnant, but just for her to offer her seat to him makes you feel good..:goodvibes

Tooting my own horn here:

On my boyfriend and I's last trip we were relaxing in the AKL lobby when we overheard a couple talking to a cast member about his pins. The CM told the couple he could trade one of his pins for one of theirs but the woman didn't have any. MY DBF and I started heading down to dinner when I told him to stop. I walked up to the woman and asked her which pin she liked. She pointed to a topiary pin (can't remember exactly) and I proceeded to trade a pin of mine with the CM and gave the topiary pin to the woman. She and her mate were so thankful.

Also I am so appreciative of those people that say "excuse me" or offer up seats on the buses. It's a simple gesture that means a lot.

This wasn't at a park but...

At POP Century after a long day of park touring we were sitting enjoying the pool and talking to the people around us. Well there was this little girl (7 or so) and she was just so adorable and out-going. She was giving us all a quiz about manners and all kinds of cute stuff! When her mom took her off to the food court she says "I'll be back and you guys better be ready for my next quiz" or something like that. How adorable!

Anyways, she didn't physically do anything for me (like give me a FP, etc) but she just really lightened my heart and the hearts around me. I love to see little kids enjoying Disney.

:cool1: DH & I were behind 2 young mothers, each w/a toddler & one w/a baby for Festival of the Lion King for the 1:00 show. One had a handfull of Magical Fastpasses in her hand. She asked how our day had been, and I said great, but I see your's was really good. She explained that they were local & tried to come once a week during this time of year. Then she offered us 2 of the Magical Fastpasses!. Said they couldn't use them because the kids were too small. We thanked them profusely. I was going back to the room to lay down after the FOLK, but that changed my mind! It was great. We did the Safari again, Everest, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur. Had a great afternoon!

I have to toot my daughter (12) and her friends(11) thoughtfulness from our trip last week.

We were waiting outside Norway for the princess breakfast. The girls keep noticing how cute all the younger kids were dressed up for their princess breakfast. They asked if they could go over to the kids and get their autographs. They had so much fun they continued it for the whole trip. I think the little kids autographs were their favorites the whole trip. One of the families took their picture and said they would email it to the girls. I hope they do because they check their email everyday.

Another moment was the girls gave away their FS to TOT and Peter Pan when we decided not to use them. They always gave away some of the extra glow in the dark necklaces I had packed.

It really makes you feel good when your kids show you they are growing up to be thoughtful, kind, and caring.

Another case where we were the ones doing the nice things -
We've given FP to people when we weren't going to use them.

My kids love to take the glow necklaces or bracelets along when we do the nighttime activities and share them with other kids around us.

Someone once walked up to me at MK and asked where I purchased the Disney button I was wearing (in the days before pins). I had purchased it at a store in my hometown. He gave me $20 and asked if I would get him one when I got back home. (I knew the store had several more.) I ended up getting him 2 buttons when I got back home and sent them to him. We became pen-pal friends with this couple and even met them once again at WDW for lunch. Time passed and we lost touch, but it was so nice to do something nice and earn a friendship from it.

I'm definitely of the Pay It Forward philosophy. This makes me think - It would be great to see just how many nice things we could do for people while we're there on our next trip. Maybe we can be our own dream squad!

At the 1/26 Pirate & Princess party, DH and I were in line waiting to do the photo in front of Cinderella's carriage. There's a topiary there of Cinderella and her prince dancing, and so DH and I thought it would be fun to mimic the pose. it took a couple of tries, because of our bags and such, but we finally got it. We were laughing at ourselves as we lowered our arms, when the guy behind us said, "wait, wait, let me get a photo!" he took a couple of shots and then got our email address to mail them to us. Sure enough, a few days later, we got the photos. What a nice thing for him to do for us -- and now I think I'll try to pay it forward by doing the same in the future for other families!!

We always give fastpasses that we cant use to someone.. once we had a babyswap to RNRC that we weren't going to be using, and we saw a father/daughter excited to ride RNRC, but then they saw the wait time, and were obviously bummed that they couldnt wait and ride it,and were turning back, we gave them our baby swap and they were so happy! that felt good

On two different occasions we purchased the Fantasmic dinner package, hoping our DD would get up the courage to see the show again (she'd seen it once but thought it was scary). When she didn't, we didn't force her. Instead, we looked for other families of 3 coming in the front gates for the show, and gave the dinner package tickets to them. We explained it was for special seating at Fantasmic, that they didn't have to wait in line, and to show up at the Oscar's entrance. Both look sort of mystified, but I hope they used them and enjoyed them!

Many thanks to the OP for this great thread! I hope during our upcoming first family trip to Disney this August, we are able to make someones trip a little more special as well.

We were waiting outside Norway for the princess breakfast. The girls keep noticing how cute all the younger kids were dressed up for their princess breakfast. They asked if they could go over to the kids and get their autographs. They had so much fun they continued it for the whole trip. I think the little kids autographs were their favorites the whole trip.

Awwww, that is just so cool!! :thumbsup2

The morning we were checking out, DH had the girls at the pool. Someone gave the girls 2 identical (this is key!) Mickey Mouse balloons! We assume that the family giving away the balloons was headed for the airport and couldn't take the balloons with them. But I hadn't purchased balloons for the girls while we were there (cuz I'm cheap!) - but it was SOO nice that someone just gave us the balloons. My girls were tickled.

I didn't see who it was - but I wish I could give them a BIG HUG!

(We were also headed to the airport 2 days later - we deflated the balloons and brought them home!)

Last week, I was wearing the birthday pin (which you can get at GR at any park) and several guests wished me happy bday. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!