The nicest thing another guest (not CM) did for you at a Disney Park?

I love this thread!! Here's my story.

Last September my DH and I got on a raft at Kali River Rapids with 4 other people. Two Japanese girls, who spoke little English were on the raft, and DH was teasing them saying they were going to get wet and they laughed and giggled through the whole ride. They got drenched and we barely got wet. We had a lot of laughs with them. We decided to go on again and they weren't going to go but as we got closer to the front of the line, we discovered they were right behind us. We looked at each other and they just giggled and laughed, and of course DH said we have to get on the same raft again and he was joking with them the whole ride. We could tell DH really made it special for them.

The next day the same girls were on our bus from Pop Century to MK and they looked at my DH and started cracking up. When we got to the MK they came up to me and gave me an illuminated Tinkerbell pin about 4 inches tall, and said "a present for you". I thanked them and told them I love Tink and they smiled and nodded. Many people commented on my pin all week and asked me where I got it. We were at Japan in Epcot and one of the CM's asked me where I got the pin. I told her a nice girl gave it to me, and she told me, "That came from Tokyo Disney. You can't get it here!" I really felt special! That trip was more special and magical for us because of that pin! We will probably never go to Tokyo Disney, but I feel like I already have!

We were on the bus with three young children, 2 strollers, and bags. This one couple felt so bad for us since 2 of our kids were screaming that she offered to hold our strollers so we could comfort our children better. I couldn't believe how nice she was. The group she was with also gave my husband their seats since he had my youngest son. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

We were in MK yesterday. My son who will be 8 next weekend has just expressed the pin trading. So we were talking to a cm about how it is done. A nice older man was standing there looking at the pins also. When I said his birthday is next sunday the man let him take one of his pins to start him off as a birthday present.

What a fantastic story. Great to hear that those of us without kids can still experience the magic. It so neat to hear how special the smallest gestures can make your day.

On our last trip we got in line for BTMRR and when we were in the last section of the line (the down ramps) they shut it down. We all received a fastpass that could be used on any ride and it was valid for a week. The next morning we headed straight for BTMRR because it's one of our favorites. It wasn't crowded yet so we were able to ride 3 times without getting off. After the 3rd round there were people waiting to get on so we exited the ride only to be greeted by the Dream Team and we all won Dream Fastpasses! I was so giddy! And then after we walked out of the exit, Mickey walked past us. I gotta say, I had goosebumps! It couldn't get anymore Disney than those few moments right there!

Until...a few days later we saw a woman in AK who had a Dream Fast Pass, and we stopped her to say "Congratulations," find out how she won hers, and to share our story with her. We chatted for a minute or two and parted ways. Two minutes later she returned to us with 2 AK Dream Fastpasses and said we could have them! She was with her DH and 2 toddlers and said they couldn't really use them since their kiddies were so small and couldn't go on most of the Fastpass rides. [Queue the goosebumps again!] We must've thanked her 100 times!

And people always ask, "You're going to Disney World AGAIN?" and "Even though you don't have kids, you like it that much?" And here's the reason I give those nay-sayers: Not only do the cast-members go out of their way to make sure you have the most magical day, but it also inspires the guests to "pay it forward" too. We live about 10 minutes away from a fairly substantial-sized theme park, and I know we'd *NEVER* get treatment and service like we do at Walt Disney World. So let the nay-sayers stay away and we'll enjoy our magical days!

:goodvibes

nobody has ever gaven me something but i have gave a family fastpasses for Tower Of Terror.:goodvibes

This happen on my family's first trip to WDW. We were eating at Donald's breakfasaurous and celebrating my youngest son's 3rd birthday. A Japanese Tokyo Disneyland. Even though he didv't understand pin trading, love his Mickey Mouse pin. We were really touched by her kindness.

when my mom, dad, sister, and i went to the mk in '72, they had the actual ticket books

i don't remember anything else specific, except that we were in fantasyland near the teacup ride and we only had one ticket left and a lady gave us another one so me and my sister could ride

i'm pretty sure it was this trip/experience which was the beginning of my obsession

I have received many kindnesses when at DW and have done my best to return the favor to others. It is what really makes the experience so great. Memories!!! :thumbsup2

Now, we need to transfer the Disney mentality to our everyday world. Granted it might take a bit longer to catch on cause the folks who go to DW often are already in the 'zone' but bit by bit, we can change the world. Just do not let the occasional disappointments get you down, keep on smiling and giving!!:wizard:

Ever notice that we sometimes strike up conversations with folks who look a whole lot different than we do at DW cause we know we have something in common? Bet if we took a chance in our regular lives we would find the same thing, the vast majority of the time and just think of how much smarter we will be for expanding our horizons. :grouphug:

Slightly Goofy

We were at World of Disney and we were admiring a Pirate pin on this woman's lanyard (we collect pirate pins) and she just gave it to me! Took her and her husband's pic for my scrapbook. Very nice!

Inspired by the worst behavior thread. What is the nicest thing another guest has done for your and/or your family at a Disney Park? I think this would be an interesting thread. With so many people saying that manners are a thing of the past, let us see that they aren't.

Ok, got to ask - where is the worst behavior thread?

It is a thread I came across a few weeks ago that people were posting bad manners and behaviors of other guests. It was kind of depressing. So I was hoping that this thread would counter balance all the negative comments. I am so glad that people are posting their stories. :lovestruc

Several times we have been handed fast passes for rides while we were getting ready to get into the line. I have done the same thing for others if we are leaving before it is time to use them. I love seeing the looks on people's faces!

Laura

One moment that sticks out the most for me is from our first trip. Our boys were 5yo, 3yo and 2yo. At night we would all be so tired and the bus to CSR would be so crowded. We got on the bus one night and saw that one of us would have to stand. I could manage to hold the two youngest, but there was no way that I could hold our oldest also. Before we even had time to think about a wonderful woman noticed our dilemma and offered to hold our oldest in her lap. She held him the hold trip and he was so tired he fell asleep. I was so thankful, and often think of kind it was for her to offer.

I just loved reading this thread. It brought tears to my eyes. I hope when my family and I go this July we can do some small favor to bring some extra magic to someones day. NOTHING makes you feel better then doing something exexptected for someone.

We had gotten spots on a sidewalk to watch one of the parades one day. We were standing behind another family, so dd (5) couldn't see real well. The mom of the family turned and saw dd standing there, and she insisted that dd stand in front of her to see better.

Something I did for others: I buy a large quantity of glow sticks on ebay (I can usually get 100 (or maybe 200? I don't remember) for $20, which includes shipping. They arrive in in 4 packs of 25 each. So each night that we stay for fireworks, I bring a pack and just start handing them out to kids (and to any adults that ask me for them) :rotfl:

We had gotten spots on a sidewalk to watch one of the parades one day. We were standing behind another family, so dd (5) couldn't see real well. The mom of the family turned and saw dd standing there, and she insisted that dd stand in front of her to see better.

I let smaller kids in front of me both nights I was at the MK for wishes. I was just looking around and looked behind me and down, and there were some younger kids standing there.. my wife and myself move apart and invited them to stand in front of us. Which they did after their parents told them it was ok to stand in front of us.. Watching them get to really see the fireworks made my day.

The best thing that happened to us was we had just arrived at epcot, were giddy with excitement, were totally lost ;), but we headed toward where soarin is. Well, I was heading over to the FP machine to get FP's (this was 12/8 and at noon the FP's were already hitting after 6pm) so I'm trying to make sure I put the ticket in correctly etc, when a lady walks up and stops me. (At first I was thinking 'Great, already someone rude') but she asks how many I have, and I said just 2 of us, and she hands me FP's that someone had given her that were good in like 45 minutes :)

Now THAT was a great way to start our first WDW park visit :)

We were in Epcot in December of 2006. My husband and I were in line in Morocco getting some lunch. My mother in law was watching my dd's 6 & 10 at the time. She was sitting at a table with them at the Tangerine Cafe.... All of a sudden I hear a cry that I never want to hear again as long as I live. It was my 6 year old. She had slipped backwards and hit her head. There was soooo much blood all over the place I could barely see her hair. I scooped her up and ran to the closest bathroom. Her shirt was drenched in blood .

I brought her into the ladies room and began to wash her head so I could see where she had cut herself. There were two young ladies in the restroom that day that were talking to my daughter trying to calm her down while I kept examining her head to look for the cut. They were so sweet ! I remember thinking thank you for talking to my little girl as her head is bleeding !!! I cry just thinking about that !!

One ran to get an EMT or whatever they are called. My daughter had a small tiny cut on her head but you would have never known it with the amount of blood that was there. The two girls went on their way. I thanked them but I swear I wish I could have hugged them. The EMT examined my daughter and she turned out to be just fine - just traumatized !! My nerves were pretty shot for the rest of the day. But I'll never forget the kindness of those two girls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter