The non-PTR, Pre Trip Report - How many trips can I get out of this AP looks like 1 more! - Updated 5/9

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
So I wasn’t going to do a PTR for a lot of reason, but I’m having a bunch of issues redoing my plan, more on that in a bit. so I’m hoping typing it all out here will help me figure out what I actually want to do...

Well that posted WAY BEFORE I was ready...serves me right for starting this thing on my phone!

The details, well they are currently really up in the air so I’m trying to have two plans and it’s not really working for me.

My dates are set August 22-29 (we leave ridiculously early the 29th).

This trip can end up being either 4 people (5 for 3 days) or 13 people. I had a set plan for 13 people when our departure day was the 30th. But then some personal stuff happened and we need to be back on home for the 30th so we cut a day and now I’m trying to replan out the week.

So i am trying to nail down a trip and plans for the 4 people trip, with out completely screwing up the 13 people trip just in case it still happens!

I am going to use this PTR to think through all my ideas, since i feel like all of a sudden i am lost, with this change! Feel free to give suggestions or opinions!

Last edited:
Intros!

IMG_0391.jpg
I'm Lauren, and i currently live in NJ (I assume you figured that out by now, but maybe not) I haven't been doing PTR or TR lately mostly because I had some personal stuff going on, and just wasn't into it. We have been on 2 trips since my last report. But we also have gained a child. I love Disney have been going as long as i can remember.

I can't find a recent picture of me alone where I look half way decent so this one with DD1 will have to do! We are testing out new ears out!

So I guess she will go next, this is DD1 - Dillon! She is 4 and a half (she would 100% kill me if I didn't say the half!) she will be 5 on this trip and she is so excited! She has been to DL once, and WDW 3 times, we are also heading to DLP in a few weeks! She is also very exited about that! She is really excited to try Tower of Terror this trip, but still wont ride Pirates :sad2:. She is a girly girl, all things princess are in, however she also loves the Incredibles, and Toy Story, and had a long Cars phase, so I am really excited for this trip Last trip at 3 she had a blast, so I am hoping we get similar reactions!

Since i didn't do a trip report for the last trip here are a few photos (maybe i will sneak some in later too)
marsh.jpg pluto.jpg R2.jpgOH
we are also really into R2D2 and BB-8!​

IMG_7438.jpg

Next is DH - he loves Disney even if he wont say it, but he always is up for a trip, but trys to limit me to 1 every 12-18 months, usually, more on that in a bit.

He is shown with DD2 - Maren she is almost 9 months now, but will be 13 months at the time of the trip.

IMG_0753 (1).jpg
This outfit is to much!​

My Dad will also be joining us for a few days no matter how many people end up on the trip, it always nice to have an extra set of hands but 3 days is plenty.

The rest of the group, is my husbands family (cousins) they are up in the air right now and i am just not sure what they are going to do, i hope they come because my DD's will LOVE IT. But 13 people is A LOT! But all the reservations are made for 13, so it going to be a bunch of adjusting if we have to change it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Arrival Day

The plan right now is stay at All Star Music this night, i am going to call at some point and try to go to Yacth club so we don't need to move hotels, but I am not going to hold my breath... since i want to change the days and not lose my discount,but now the discount is not available any ore... so i am not banking on this at all.

We will probably get there around 6, we will take a car service my husband is not a fan of DME with kids, i think he is exaggerating, but whatever if he wants to pay for a car service so be it!

We will plan on hitting up the food court for some food, and maybe the playground or pool if Dillon is up for it, goal will have the kids to sleep by 8/8:30 but I make no promises, cause Dillon hates sleep:confused3!

I have zero exciting info on day 1, so on to day 2!

This was the original arrival day so we will move to the Yacht club, and will now have a full park day I am leaning towards Hollywood Studios. We would go to Yacht club pick up our stroller walk to HS and try to hit up some shows, Muppets (we are big into the new Muppet babies), I am excited to check this out we haven't seen it in forever, Beauty and the beast etc etc.
giphy.gif

WE ARE IN DISNEY !

tenor.gif

I do kinda worry this may scare the SH!T out of Dillon.... We shall see, but she keeps talking about it!
I currently have a Hollywood and Vine Lunch booked, we had a great character interaction last year, the best of the trip, but the food wasn't great and I have Tusker house the next day, so I am thinking we should skip this, but Dillon LOVES meeting characters so I am thinking we want some type of meal with characters this day? Just not sure, skip it keep it?? Who is going to tell me what to do?

Will try for FP for Tower of Terror, TSMM if we can grab it, and maybe one of the shows. I am under zero illusion I will be able to get Slinky Dog this day.

Try to leave the park mid day, maybe some pool time if the weather likes us, and then dinner in Epcot. However, I am really trying to get Artist point for this day, but since we shifted everything I am trying well into my 180 days so I'm hoping for some pixiedust: that I can pick it up! Have alerts set, and fingers crossed!

If I get Artist Point, Hollywood & Vine will be canceled. At some point before the first big meal, we will hit up guest services, we are 100% Upgrading mine and DH's passes to AP's since we will be back for F&W in October, and probably Dillon's too since DH wants to run a race at WDW and if we do that she will be back too. I also want to get a TiW card, so this must be done before our first big meal of the day.... better to do first thing? Mid Day?

Last edited:
Maybe someone is reading this.. and if not oh well i will just keep putting it out there because it helps me plan out my trip....

We are doing a water park day!, It's August and my husband has been asking to go to a water park at Disney for years, and i haven't made it happen yet, so this is the trip!

Anyway originally the plan was 1900 Park Fare breakfast because the other people joining us really wanted to go there (to meet Mary Poppins, and who doesn't love some Mary Poppins), and i thought it would be a great meal, but kind of a pain to get there from the Yacht Club.

But with the possible changes I set up a dining alert for a breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno, it would be closer to the hotel, not a buffet (easier with two young kids) figuring it wouldn't come through for a while... and i got it yesterday... So i canceled our first reservation for the large group, to grab this one..... worst case we ended up need to make a new reservation or having two different meals for this breakfast, best case i get to see this:
b9385c21f139afc8e19dd6ea4416396e.gif

I am sorry but i LOVE him! Not normal, its ok no worries, moving on...

Joining in!

Your girls are adorable.

We like Hollywood and Vine for the characters in their seasonal attire especially when it's Halloween but I agree that the food isn't the best. Are your girls interested in Disney Junior characters? Maybe you could switch to a late breakfast so at least it's a different set of characters than Tusker House.

Awesome that you were able to get the Trattoria reservation. Definitely more convenient and one of my favorite character meals!

Joining in! Your plans sound great so far!

Welcome! Thanks for following along!

Joining in!

Your girls are adorable.

Thank you! :love:

We like Hollywood and Vine for the characters in their seasonal attire especially when it's Halloween but I agree that the food isn't the best. Are your girls interested in Disney Junior characters? Maybe you could switch to a late breakfast so at least it's a different set of characters than Tusker House.

I am kinda torn here, Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine is an option for sure, we did it a few years back and DD loved it, but she isn't too into those characters right now, but now that i typed this tomorrow we will only watch Doc and Vamparina so who knows... Maybe i will change to a late breakfast... good idea!

Awesome that you were able to get the Trattoria reservation. Definitely more convenient and one of my favorite character meals!

I am so excited about this one! I mean who doesn't love FLYNN, plus i love that you get to meet princes its so rare at WDW!

So this week I LOVE touring plans reservation finder! One of the things I was most upset about was we had Storybook dining booked for the 29th, and now that we are leaving before the sun is up on the 29th we have to miss this dinner..... i was bummed!

I set up a reservation finder on touring plans for this meal, and pretty much said anytime that week would work, figuring if i didn't like what i got i would drop it or move around my plans. I have gotten 3 alerts and didn't get any of the reservations when i tried to book them.

Today was my lucky day! I got one, for the 28th, it is not my ideal day by any means, and the time isn't ideal 4:25 (I really want a 5ish). but at this point beggars can not be choosers. If i can get my ideal day the 23rd or another day i may move things around. but the 28th isn't horrible and it may work for us so for now YAHOOOOO :woohoo:

evil-queen-storybook-dining-artist-point-wilderness-lodge-disney-world-798.jpg

Last edited:
Yayyy Glad you were able to snag a reservation!

Set up an alert with *********** also- an account is free! I use both and it’s hit or miss which one I get alerts from!

Hey lady! I'm here!!!! I cannot believe how big Dillon is now. I think she was just 1 or 2 when we first stumbled upon each others reports.

And darn it we are going to miss you by days. We will be leaving on the 18th.

Yayyy Glad you were able to snag a reservation!

Set up an alert with *********** also- an account is free! I use both and it’s hit or miss which one I get alerts from!

Even with the stars I’m pretty sure I know the site, I keep saying I’m going to but haven’t tried it yet.

Hey lady! I'm here!!!! I cannot believe how big Dillon is now. I think she was just 1 or 2 when we first stumbled upon each others reports.

And darn it we are going to miss you by days. We will be leaving on the 18th.

Hey hey! Welcome!

Don’t remind me how is she almost 5?!?!?

Missing you by 4 days! One of these days We will be there at the same time!

I'm excited to hear all about your plans!!! I've always wanted to stay at the Yacth Club, but haven't gotten to that one yet. Maybe someday.

Yay! That's exciting that you found a new time! And you never know, you may still be able to get something more in line with what you want!

I'm here! Plans so far sound great. Honestly, if I were you, I would just plan the trip your family wants and figure the rest out later! 13 people is a lot for any group and sometimes its nice to have your own special meals or moments with just your family!

Awesome Artist Point reservation snag! Hopefully you'll get one for a better time but at least you got one!

I'm excited to hear all about your plans!!! I've always wanted to stay at the Yacth Club, but haven't gotten to that one yet. Maybe someday.

Thanks for joining!

I figure with the heat we will probably use a lot of pool time, maybe? Probably not, but it’s my thinking, so want a good pool!

Yay! That's exciting that you found a new time! And you never know, you may still be able to get something more in line with what you want!

I know I’m really I happy I grabbed the reservation, if I can move it a bit later great, if not that’s ok too! I’m just happy I’ve got it.

Hello! Following along, I’m following so many August PTRs.
Your girls are adorable.

Thank you for joining in!

Thank you, I think they are pretty cute too!

I'm here! Plans so far sound great. Honestly, if I were you, I would just plan the trip your family wants and figure the rest out later! 13 people is a lot for any group and sometimes its nice to have your own special meals or moments with just your family!

Awesome Artist Point reservation snag! Hopefully you'll get one for a better time but at least you got one!

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

Well more on this in later (in the next update) but it’s officially just us as of this morning! I’m a bit sad and a bit relieved.... but I also booked a December trip now for a long weekend... DH is going to kill me! Which I think will mean the feb trip need to get pushed to April most likely.... I think Aug, Oct, Dec, and Feb might send him over the edge!

I was having MAJOR anxiety about 13 people! So that’s done for now.... till dec, kinda.

I am so happy I grabbed that reservation, and I’m also hoping for a better time but I’m just happy I have one right now!

So its official we are a party of 4 with my Dad making us 5 for 2/3 days.

I am sad but relived all at the same time. The other people are now going in December and upped their count to 10, and asked us if we wanted to go. If we get the AP (which we are 95% getting) we may go for the weekend just so the girls can be together and make it a no stress do whatever kinda of trip.... now I haven't told DH this yet so i am just going to keep this to myself for a bit... but i may or may not have booked a room so at least we have some where to stay....

In other trip news our October audlt only trip had ADR day, and well I totally forgot about it... but to be honest I have zero ideas where I want to eat, so 5 days late I tentatively booked Flying Fish which we loved years ago, and Le Cellier. If I was a betting women (and I am) I would go with we will not end up actually going to either of these ADR's, its possible we eat at one of the places but chances are not at the originally booked time... but who knows..

In other news we have another Disney park we are hitting up in just over 2 weeks! DLP I am beyond excited, it is part of a bigger trip, and the planning has been kinda all over the place, but i am really excited about this! If you want to follow along feel free to follow me on Instagram at laurenalexis6 and lauren365project.

Today is the anniversary of my worst ever Disney Hotel experience, when our rooms weren't ready till almost 8pm! Hope to never experience that again....but if you want to its in my first trip report!

I am not sure i will be back with a another update before we leave so here is tentative day 2 plans, its an AK day, and for some reason I always struggle with how to plan an AK day, I think because its the park I have spent the least amount of time in! So please any advice is appreciated!

AK has EMH so we will probably try to head there a bit on the early side, but we don't really plan to use to much time in the EMH so if we get there closer to 9 that's fine too. We want to do Lion King, Safari, maybe Expedition Everest, we loved the affection station last time so if that's open will hit that up, If we can get FoP FP we will do that if we can't don't worry we are going back later in the week! I haven't ridden FoP yet (last trip i was prego and couldnt ride, but DH loved it!) i am really excited for this, i am debating if i think Dillon will be ok to ride.. any opinions?

Currently I have a Tusker house reservation at 10:10 and 2:45, and to be honest I just cant decide what to do. Ideally we could get an 8am... but I feel like 10:10 isn’t a great time but that 2:45 is to late... opinions?

Depending on what time we are done at AK we may hit up the pool or go to Epcot for dinner or do resort activities (Mickey Tie Die, Movie, Etc etc). Right now no dinner ADR but that may change...

That was VERY word heavy post so here are some pictures from the last AK visit, including an amazing character interaction with Rafiki, I am so sad he isn't meeting at the affection station any more! Also my Sister and her Fiance are in these pics, and they wont be making it to this August trip BUT they are making the adult only October trip possible so YAHOOO TO THEM!

AK1.jpg
Oh I also didn't ride the Safari last trip either, so i am really excited to be able to do that again!
AK3.jpg
AK 4.jpg

Last edited:
How amazing that you’re going to DLP! I’m jealous ! Definitely gonna follow you on Insta.

We like to make Tusker House reservations for 10:30 because you still get in for breakfast (and breakfast prices) and then they change over to lunch foods so you get to have both.

Have fun at DLP! We only got to spend 5 hours there during our Europe trip (but it was 5 hours I didn't even expect to get) and I loved it! It was the first time I looked at WDW and was ashamed at the lack of improvements they've made in there rides over the years! lol

I totally get booking that just-in-case room. You basically have to otherwise there will be no rooms left if you do decide at a later date! Honestly when we didn't go in 2017 that was partially the reason because by the time I was seriously going it was just far too expensive! What the hubby doesn't know won't hurt him haha

How amazing that you’re going to DLP! I’m jealous ! Definitely gonna follow you on Insta.

We like to make Tusker House reservations for 10:30 because you still get in for breakfast (and breakfast prices) and then they change over to lunch foods so you get to have both.

Not to off from a 10:10.... I just don’t know if this make sense! Why do I stress so much about planning my AK days?!?!?

I am really excited for DLP! I went once before 20 years ago, so I’m really excited to go back.

You’ll have to suffer through a lots of Paris photos I’m sure before I get to the DLP part, but hopefully that’s ok and not to annoying.

Have fun at DLP! We only got to spend 5 hours there during our Europe trip (but it was 5 hours I didn't even expect to get) and I loved it! It was the first time I looked at WDW and was ashamed at the lack of improvements they've made in there rides over the years! lol

I totally get booking that just-in-case room. You basically have to otherwise there will be no rooms left if you do decide at a later date! Honestly when we didn't go in 2017 that was partially the reason because by the time I was seriously going it was just far too expensive! What the hubby doesn't know won't hurt him haha

Thanks! I am so excited for DLP, I went once 20 years ago, so I’m excited to check it out again. We have 2 full days and a half day planned there so I’m really excited to explore and see all the details! I have heard the details are amazing! I really don’t remember to much and I was in high school so I probably didn’t care that much about details either.

Totally what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him! Haha I won’t lie I book and cancel trips a few times a year... I may start to get flagged in the system! I book what I want and hope for a discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!