The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

I'm following along because I find your PTR's interesting...because...well...I know zilch about camping and it is all really fascinating. It seems like a whole heck of a lot of work...but also fun and a great way to get to spend an extended amount of time at Disney lol. That camper is really sweet...like a real home on wheels, which I guess it is..lol I just wasn't expecting something so luxurious having never actually been in one of these things! Thanks for sharing all the details. Also I'm so glad your dog is ok.

I'm following along because I find your PTR's interesting...because...well...I know zilch about camping and it is all really fascinating. It seems like a whole heck of a lot of work...but also fun and a great way to get to spend an extended amount of time at Disney lol. That camper is really sweet...like a real home on wheels, which I guess it is..lol I just wasn't expecting something so luxurious having never actually been in one of these things! Thanks for sharing all the details. Also I'm so glad your dog is ok.

Sounds like you are getting ready to consider a change in how you do vacations? ::yes::

You can go from sleeping under the stars to a lean-to to a tent and all the way up to a mini "Mansion" on wheels (if you have the $$$$$)

I have done the very basics (under the stars, pup tents, big tents...) to nicer accommodations (Pop up's ) to "Plush" accommodations (currently a 37' Travel Trailer with 2 slides and lots of room). Still haven't gotten to the "Big Boys". My DW is more of a Glamper, but I can do the basics and be happy.

Probably the biggest thing is to have a love for the outdoors. Even in the big rigs, most have a desire to be in the great outdoors.

Thank you, the dog is back to being her silly old self. Yes the fifth wheel is pretty much a home on wheels, and there are some out there even more luxurious than mine. Camping is a great way to get out, enjoy nature, relax, it is a lot of work, keeping up the RV and all, but well worth it. You can get better campground rates. I spent 2 weeks at a campground in MD before Memorial Day for 40 bucks a night. Was way better than a hotel, and no worry about bed bugs.
We are down to just over a hundred days to go, then of course I will run a trip thread with pictures during and after the trip. Well, lunchtime, some quick work on the camper, mounting a paper towel holder, and then off to work.
If you ever get the chance, go to a RV show, it is amazing.

Sounds like you are getting ready to consider a change in how you do vacations? ::yes::

Ha! I don't know...it all sounds fascinating! Problem though is that I'm so NOT handy in the least...so this might be a bit of a problem lol. The cottages at the WL do look quite appealing though lol...maybe that can be like a halfway house towards camping one day :)

We are down to just over a hundred days to go, then of course I will run a trip thread with pictures during and after the trip.

So exciting!! It's too bad that our trips won't overlap because I'd really love to see your whole setup in person lol I do look forward to the TR though.

And one more thing to add before the trip. DW informed me the other day, during our move, the base for our Mickey lamp got broken. Yea. :headache:

And one more thing to add before the trip. DW informed me the other day, during our move, the base for our Mickey lamp got broken. Yea. :headache:
It's always something right?

As I kept trying to save so we would have enough for our trip, about 3 months ago, our washing machine broke.... $600. Last week my Lawn Mower Broke. $500. Then, we didn't open our pool on Memorial day (like usually) because:
  1. Weather wasn't conducive
  2. we were going to the Fort for a little over a week and no one was going to be around to do the maintenance.
  3. No one was going to really be able to use it until we get back anyway.
SO.... We decided that we wanted to open it this weekend (to clear it up) so that by the time we come back, it should be mostly ready. Well I took the winter cover off yesterday. It's all ripped up and well didn't do a very good job keeping debris out of the pool. Anyway, got it off and looked at the quasi-green pool. Saw all these little things that looked like small tadpoles. Some swimming around, some not. Hmmm.... Guess It's time for a mega-dose of "Shock" for the pool, since it's now full with mosquito Pupa/larva. Just one more thing that I don't have time for before our departure.

Oh well, it will all work out in the end. :)

So 100 days, and we will be relaxing at the Fort. Today, found me hanging some pictures in the camper. Working to make it more like home.

Today, found me hanging some pictures in the camper. Working to make it more like home.
Hey PaHunter, what do you use to hang pictures? The walls are so thin that there is not much support. We tried those self adhesive/removable things but they didn't last more than a couple of weeks. Do you attach to the studs ?

Hey PaHunter, what do you use to hang pictures? The walls are so thin that there is not much support. We tried those self adhesive/removable things but they didn't last more than a couple of weeks. Do you attach to the studs ?

I am actually trying a couple different things right now. I used magnetic 4x6 photo pouches and put command strips on the back, just on the top, see how that works. For 8x10 I am trying sign acrylic sign holders held on with command strips. I am also trying pictures laminated with a heat sealer, held up with command hooks. See how the command hooks stick this week as it is going to be in the 90's heat index over 100. We will see how this set of ideas hold up. One picture was factory mounted with drywall screws just thru the thin walls.

So today found me working on the outdoor kitchen, had to fix the caulk around the sink and around the front edge.
Also added a place to hang hot dog forks, etc....
20170611_181431.jpeg

put it inside the long vertical cabinet of the outside kitchen.

Here are pictures of how my pictures are hung in the trailer. I used magnetic pouches with medium command strips just on the top.
20170611_181913.jpeg

And then the two acrylic sign holders, one vertical, one horizontal, mounted with small command strips, two on top, one on the bottom.
20170611_181821.jpeg

20170611_181748.jpeg

And pool noodles to protect stuff. Keeps the door from banging the molding.
20170611_181841.jpeg

Well gonna be a warm week out there. Everyone stay safe, stay hydrated, and stay safe, then get camping.

Everything looks good with your picture attachments ... hopefully, the heat won't effect the command strips. Like the pool noodle idea :-)

Everything looks good with your picture attachments ... hopefully, the heat won't effect the command strips. Like the pool noodle idea :-)

Well it is going to be in the 90's this week, so if the command strips will fail from heating, it will likely happen this week.
We also have pool noodles on the backs of the chairs to keep them from rubbing when we travel. Love my noodles.

Hey Folks,

I reported back on March 20 & 21 that we would be traveling to the Fort for our first time at camping in Disney. Well, things changed yesterday ... for the better though. We took possession of a new Jayco 27.5 RKDS 5th wheel. Quite the change from a 18' Coleman pull behind. Anyway, we are looking forward to the trip. Here's a pic before we left Camping World of Tallahassee:

IMAG0131_zpshkna6bod.jpg

Hey Folks,

I reported back on March 20 & 21 that we would be traveling to the Fort for our first time at camping in Disney. Well, things changed yesterday ... for the better though. We took possession of a new Jayco 27.5 RKDS 5th wheel. Quite the change from a 18' Coleman pull behind. Anyway, we are looking forward to the trip. Here's a pic before we left Camping World of Tallahassee:

IMAG0131_zpshkna6bod.jpg

Very nice. Enjoy !!

We are hoping for a turn-around with my husband's new venture after his layoff last year so we can go. We had to cancel for 2016 so I hope we can swing it this year for his 40th birthday.

So on this weeks agenda, sanitize and flush the water system. Load up some food stuffs, and some additional clothing. Still have to check and see if the dog crate fits between the front slides for when she does travel with us. She is not making the long haul to Disney in the Sept heat.

WOW!! the inside is to die for (Friendofeeyore typing). Congr. on your new home away from home. Keep the great pictures coming

Yea, so the dog crate doesn't fit, but we can downsize, it was for a German Shepard, and was given to us. Need one for a medium dog, and that will fit right between the front slides, or in the back seat of the truck.
So far command strips are doing ok in the trailer and it was 85 inside, so it was warm. Want to eventually dress up my acrylic photo hangers with a frame made of balsa wood, that will hide the top edge and the command strips.
But for now they will stay the way they are, too much OT at work, not getting much else done.
But we are now below 100 days, looking forward to Pauls trip report, and then soon it will be time to book FP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts