***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

luvindisneyworld

<font color=green>Fireworks then a sundae - good s
I seen where someone asked about the AKV thread. So I thought I would go ahead and start one.
So please start sharing your experiences and your pictures of AKV and what you love about it.

We are going for the first time June 7-13th and I am so excited and I cant wait.
So when I come back I will have lots of pictures to share.

So please feel free to join in.

I would really love to see some pictures.

We own 160 points at AKV.

We had our first AKV trip (and first DVC stay) last August. Here is a link to my trip report:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576223&page=0&highlight=AKV+Trip+Report

We are headed back next month, although this time to VWL. We are planning to go back to AKV in 2009, hopefully at Kidani this time.

We have 200 points but the need to add-on has already become apparent. I think 300 points is about where we need to be to keep our habit satisfied.

We are making our first trip this Oct - it will be a split stay with 3 nights at BWV, then moving over to AKV for 5 nights. We are looking forward to it!!

We have 160 pts, but definitely looking to add on at least 50 more. We're also looking to get points at GCV when it finally becomes available.

We had our first AKV trip (and first DVC stay) last August. Here is a link to my trip report:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576223&page=0&highlight=AKV+Trip+Report

We are headed back next month, although this time to VWL. We are planning to go back to AKV in 2009, hopefully at Kidani this time.

We have 200 points but the need to add-on has already become apparent. I think 300 points is about where we need to be to keep our habit satisfied.
I loved it Thanks for providing the link. Awesome pictures.
I cannot wait.

Waiting on our first trip home to AKV Oct31-Nov 4th. On the waitlist for conceriage :rotfl2: but who knows ... maybe some pixie dust will sprinkle on us. Getting ready to book the next one for April 2009 (once the window opens).

Glad to see this thread! And happy toto be on the first of many pages.

Our first AKV stay is 61 days away. We can't wait! AKV is a great resort. There is no other like it.

Our first trip home is booked for Feb. 21-27 of '09 (I know, a looong time from now), 2 trips in the meantime though to satiate us! Staying in a standard studio at Jambo in Feb.

Stayed at AKL in 2005, what a gem!!! DD was just shy of 1 y.o. then, and will make her second trip there at 4 1/2, she should love the animals...she loves giraffes!!!

AKV certainly offers a one-of-a-kind experience with the live animals, I know all folks love their DVC homes, but we absolutely love it here, that's why we bought AKV!

I certainly can't wait for the pool area at Kidani, what a treat!!! Perhaps then, BCV owners will be asking about pool-hopping over at AKV :thumbsup2 !!

We made our first AKV stay in March. We stayed on night in a standard studio, and then moved to a 1 bedroom Concierge level. LOVED it, and we will try as often as we can to get the Concierge level. I'm not holding out hope for it happening too often, but we can hope!

I was the someone looking for an AKV owners thread. It never crossed my mind that there wouldn't be one yet...I guess I don't feel so bad now about my failed searches. ;)

We have yet to have our first stay at our AKV home but I will list the top ten things that I already love about being an AKV owner:

1. The fact that we have the option of concierge. I can't wait until DH and I can take a couples only trip and take full advantage of club level! Even though I know it will be difficult to get reservations even at the 11 month mark, I'm sure glad we have the option!

2. The 'value' rooms to save on points. Another thing I'm really glad to have the 11 month window for! Also, the possiblilty of even getting savanna view for value points.

3. Weekend value rooms for less than OKW. I often see here on the boards that OKW has the largest rooms and lowest points chart, true. But how many of you fellow AKV owners realized that weekend points for AKV value and standard rooms are less than OKW?

4. Great on-site restaurants. Boma is on the top of many of the favorite buffet discussions and although I haven't tried Jiko yet, I've read great things. When the new restaurants open in Kidani I think we may be able to argue that AKV has the best on-site dinning.

5. On-site kids club...Simba's clubhouse. Some have them, some don't. It sure is nice to have the option of one right on-site!

6. Uwanja Camp--this looks like it's going to be awesome! I can't wait for my little guys to be able to splish and splash to their hearts content here. Heck, I'm looking forward to it, too!

7. Flat panel TVs! I'm sure eventually all DVCs will get them, but we've already got them, and DH loves them. (Don't ask me why, TV is TV in my book...but hey, he doesn't get excited about too much and he actually raised and eyebrow at this!) :goodvibes

8. Dedicated bus service. Although we usually drive, it will be nice not to have to stop at other resorts if we choose to use the buses.

9. Animals, animals, animals and an exclusive savanna. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about this savanna when details become available. Although it's just rumor, I've read that we may even get a white rhino. That would be really cool.

10. Extra bathrooms in the 1 and 2 brs in Kidani. Ahhh...need I say more?:worship:

I completely agree with all 10 things you mentioned. I can only add 1 thing:

11. The remoteness adds to the illusion of being on an African Safari. A lot of people mention this as a negative but its one of the things that we really liked about it. Its the only DVC resort with a unique theme that isn't spoiled by being able to see a theme park, shopping area, etc right across from it. It keeps the illusion intact and is a nice break from the hectic days of park hopping and shopping.

Hey all!!!

I haven't been yet but we own. AKL is my favorite Disney Resort that is why we bought in at AKV when it was offered. It is the most unique resort I know of and it has some awesome eatin'!!!

What a fabulous thread. We are new owners & several of these points, I hadn't even considered. Unfortunately, our first trip home won't be for some time but in the meantime we'll have live with a Free Dining trip in Sept & our SSR developer pt trip in January. I should stay out of these threads since our first AKV trip is so far off, the excitement will be unbearable once we finally get there. ;)

We own 170 points at AKV - AKL was one of our favorite places in the world, so this was a no-brainer. Love the flexibility of value/standard/savanna view rooms - it's great for squeezing the value out of every last point!

My parents have gone twice so far, and my wife and I are taking our first trip as owners August 17-27 (dedicated savanna view studio).

We purchased at AKV in January, but have not had a chance to stay there yet. Our first trip will be in September. I agree with others that the value option is fabulous. We had only 40 points left to use - doesn't seem like very many, but it got me FIVE NIGHTS in a value studio at AKV! I happen to think that is simply AMAZING! That's 40 points!! :yay: :cheer2: :banana: :yay:

In January 2009, I'll be bringing the whole family to stay at AKV and I simply can't wait.

Deb

AKV is my favorite also! In October, my sisters and I were down at WDW for a long weekend and we were staying at OKW. They had never seen one of the DVC resorts before and they were very impressed with OKW. But this is an AKV thread, so here comes the rest of the story. :) We had an ADR for Boma one night. So, I had us leave for AKV early so that they could see my favorite resort. Well, we walked down by the animal viewing areas and as we were walking back through the lobby to head down to Boma, I hear one of the sisters going to the other, "if Donald is #1 ever takes the kids (her kids) here I am coming too!" Well I am taking her kids and her with me to AKV in November and they are all so excited!

We have 200 points at AKV. We don't have our first stay until January 1-4, 2009 and we are so looking forward to our first visit. Until then, we will just have to enjoy the resort through this thread until we get the chance to contribute.popcorn::

Well we will be in a Value studio when we go in June and I am not sure what to expect with it.
Thats the only thing that was availible when we made reservations in March. All the nights wasnt availible for it but somehow it all worked out and we got all 6 nights in the Value.

So if anyone has stayed in a value studio then i would love to hear how it went. What view you ended up with and Pictures would be great.

We were at AK for a night in January. Now we are the proud owners of 110 points. We won't be there until January 2010 but we love the resort and look forward to hearing all about it from our fellow AKV owners. :goodvibes

Now that we have a thread we need to figure out a mascot like the VWL groupies moose! Maybe a zebra in honor of the new baby?

We are making our first trip in October. This will be an awesome trip, we have a 2 bdr Concierge level :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!