***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

The family is going to be staying for our first time at AK Kidani Village at the end of October. We were able to book a Savanna view. For the repeat offenders out there, was wondering if I should request a certain floor? My thought process is the higher floors may be hindered by the tops of the trees. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The family is going to be staying for our first time at AK Kidani Village at the end of October. We were able to book a Savanna view. For the repeat offenders out there, was wondering if I should request a certain floor? My thought process is the higher floors may be hindered by the tops of the trees. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You're not wrong, you do see more trees when up on the higher floors, but as in Jambo, the higher floor has the sweeping view of the savannas. (Personally I love the balcony, but my knees want to buckle when I'm up too high, so I like the lower floor).

I've found the best of both worlds tends to be the second floor up (or floor 3 as it is called in Kidani since parking is floor 1). The foot traffic in the hallway also tends to be lighter once off of that lobby-level floor. A simple request of Low floor, or for others, high floor tends to do the trick. (ie Low Floor, Sunset Savanna view) For me that Sunset Savanna view is the most important note. I want Giraffe and zebra on the savanna.

You're not wrong, you do see more trees when up on the higher floors, but as in Jambo, the higher floor has the sweeping view of the savannas. (Personally I love the balcony, but my knees want to buckle when I'm up too high, so I like the lower floor).

I've found the best of both worlds tends to be the second floor up (or floor 3 as it is called in Kidani since parking is floor 1). The foot traffic in the hallway also tends to be lighter once off of that lobby-level floor. A simple request of Low floor, or for others, high floor tends to do the trick. (ie Low Floor, Sunset Savanna view) For me that Sunset Savanna view is the most important note. I want Giraffe and zebra on the savanna.
Twinkle Bug, Thanks for the info. I think we are going to request the 3rd floor off your input. We love having coffee in the morning on the balconies and are so looking forward to the view of the balcony at Kidani.

Could anyone post the current hours for the two main pools? Can you access them at your own risk after hours, or is that a hard close?
Thanks!

Does anyone know what the standard 1BR room requests are when you complete online check in for Kidani? Any advice about what to choose? I think we'd rather be closer to Jambo than the other side.

We are excited for our 1st stay at Kidani Village in just two weeks! We have stayed at Jambo house twice before. Could anyone tell me if they are still offering breakfast at Saana?

We made an offer on an AKV contract and it was accepted. Getting excited! Hopefully everything goes through smoothly.

Got the dreaded photobucket email today saying they're killing my links to pics stored there from here - so swapped my photobucket links to some I uploaded here.

If anyone wants to add any, just copy/paste the image, into your sig, or if you're more link minded, the location of the pic is to the right, just surround with the IMG tag

akvkidaniclub-jpeg.254677
www.disboards.com/attachments/akvkidaniclub-jpeg.254677/

akvgroup-jpg.254676
www.disboards.com/attachments/akvgroup-jpg.254676/

And for any VWL lovers out there... here's your update:

vwlgroupies-jpg.254678
www.disboards.com/attachments/vwlgroupies-jpg.254678/

When staying at AKV Club Level on points, how does it differ from a cash reservation? On the regular Disney website it lists quite a few perks, like turndown service. Which of the amenities apply to DVC reservations also?

When staying at AKV Club Level on points, how does it differ from a cash reservation? On the regular Disney website it lists quite a few perks, like turndown service. Which of the amenities apply to DVC reservations also?
No differences. Everything that is offered to cash guests also applies to the DVC guests, if you find otherwise and it's something that you really care about (I think I'm missing my chocolates on the pillows!), don't hesitate to talk to the concierge CMs about it. (I'm so sorry mam, it seems the housekeeper got hungry... let us give you some new ones :D)

No differences. Everything that is offered to cash guests also applies to the DVC guests, if you find otherwise and it's something that you really care about (I think I'm missing my chocolates on the pillows!), don't hesitate to talk to the concierge CMs about it. (I'm so sorry mam, it seems the housekeeper got hungry... let us give you some new ones :D)

Thank you! That's good to know.... in case I ever get lucky enough to grab a reservation. LOL

Remind me as an AKV owner....can we use the pools even though we are staying at a moderate because I'm low on points?

Just curious if anyone can share how difficult it is to reserve the value studios at the 11 month mark for DVC. We are hoping to purchase a contract there sometime over the next 12 months or so and trying to decide on how many points we actually will use. We like to go to Disney once a year for a two week trip late November (just after Thanksgiving) and into December. We were thinking a 180 point contract would likely cover us for a value or standard room for a two week period, but it seems that 160 point contracts are more common. If we were going to stay in a value studio for all or part of our two weeks we might be able to make 160 points work... Any opinion on how likely it would be to be able to reserve a value studio for two weeks or even one week at the 11 month mark would be appreciated. Thank you, Greg

Room request glitch? I keep trying to request upper floor, near lobby and it keeps resetting to just upper floor. Even if I try selecting two other options, when I check my details it still just says upper floor. This is for Kidani - anyone else have this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts