***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

There is an elevator in the north loop that will take you to the garage and a very short walk to the back entrance of the Kidani pool area. Someone help me out... I can't recall the name of the elevator.

I couldn't remember it either. But I found a copy of an old post by drusba which says "request pool view or close to the Rafiki elevator"
which is in the same place as the AED sign between the 2d and 3rd pods from the lobby on the north wing (down that elevator to ground, parking lot, floor gives the shortest possible walk from the building to the pool)."

Question... if Kidani is my home resort... can I book at Jambo house at 11 months out? I used to be able to do this, but now that the website has been updated, it no longer will let me book anywhere but Kidani.

Question... if Kidani is my home resort... can I book at Jambo house at 11 months out? I used to be able to do this, but now that the website has been updated, it no longer will let me book anywhere but Kidani.
Yes. I have Kidani as my Home resort too. You have to click on Jambo and it will show you availability for both.

That is interesting because we own at AKV and both Jambo House and Kidani show up separately as my home resorts. Both are automatically checked. We actually own contracts from both Kidani and Jambo House. Technically you own at the resort listed on your contract but they are both the same resort, Animal Kingdom Villas and you can book either at the 11 month mark. I think DVC should fix this glitch. Both AKV resorts should be checked for our convenience.

Member services and dvc's IT department are aware of the issue. They said until the issue is resolved you have the call to make your reservations for the 11 month window.

Member services and dvc's IT department are aware of the issue. They said until the issue is resolved you have the call to make your reservations for the 11 month window.

Doesn't anyone do Beta testing anymore? This was an obvious potential error.

Well that's unfortunate for any Kidani contract owners wanting to book a value or concierge room at 11 months. Those are likely eaten up by the time you can call MS at 9am.

That is not accurate. I am an owner at Kidani and all I had to do was click on Jambo and I was able to make a reservation.

That is not accurate. I am an owner at Kidani and all I had to do was click on Jambo and I was able to make a reservation.
It's great that it works for you, but like igrsod and SPLzero, when I attempt to use my Kidani membership to book at Jambo for anything beyond 7 months out I receive the following error:

Membership Ineligible
This reservation can't be completed because the dates are outside of your booking window.

I called to make a change to my reservation. Thankfully there was no wait. I also mentioned the problem to my CM and she mentioned that IT is aware of the issue and is working on it.

Last edited:
It's great that it works for you, but like igrsod and SPLzero, when I attempt to use my Kidani membership to book at Jambo for anything beyond 7 months out I receive the following error:

Membership Ineligible
This reservation can't be completed because the dates are outside of your booking window.

I called to make a change to my reservation. Thankfully there was no wait. I also mentioned the problem to my CM and she mentioned that IT is aware of the issue and is working on it.
Then it isn't effecting everyone because I was able to do it.

I went on the website last Thursday morning and it was the first time I saw the new format. I needed to make a modification to an existing reservation so I was able to do that. Then I checked a value studio for one night in April which I was considering adding for my sister so she could fly in a day earlier for her reservation. It was available and was allowing me to do it. I got to the screen where I needed to borrow points and I stopped there because I wanted to confirm her flight first to make sure it was worth the additional day.
I just went on again and now I cannot get to that screen and it is telling me I have to call MS so I don't know what they are doing but this was not there on Thursday morning.

Does anyone know if there is carbonated water/soda water available at the refillable stations? I’m trying to plan ahead if I need to order some or if I can get it with a refillable mug.

Does anyone know if there is carbonated water/soda water available at the refillable stations? I’m trying to plan ahead if I need to order some or if I can get it with a refillable mug.
Chilled water is available, but not carbonated water, unless someone lets the syrup run out.

Silly question...but what is the current toiletry situation at Kidani? I heard that they are switching over to the big, pump bottles instead of the smaller, travel-size ones. Have they done that yet? What kind of products are provided at check in? I can't remember....shampoo and conditioner I know, but is there body wash and lotion, or just one or the other? I'm just trying to figure out my packing strategy.

Silly question...but what is the current toiletry situation at Kidani? I heard that they are switching over to the big, pump bottles instead of the smaller, travel-size ones. Have they done that yet? What kind of products are provided at check in? I can't remember....shampoo and conditioner I know, but is there body wash and lotion, or just one or the other? I'm just trying to figure out my packing strategy.
I can tell you that in December we were given H2O bar soaps, lotions, shampoo and conditioner for each bathroom. I found this odd as all the studios I've had over the years did not offer lotion.
I think Disney will have an uprising against them by DVC owners if they take our mini bottles away :D

We were at Kidani in May and shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion were still in the little bottles. Do not know if anything has changed since. As to the lotion, what happened is that orginally DVC provided lotion. Then for a number of years it did not, but in the last couple years, it is back to providing it again, at least at the places we have stayed during that time, AKV, BWV, and BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!