***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We have rented points for next year at Kidani in a 2 br villa standard view. I’m hoping to get a pool view. Is there something I should request that will make that more likely? First time ever at AKL, so any help is appreciated 🥰

I'm so excited... just did our FPs for our family trip. It's getting close now!!!!
First time staying at Kidani. Hope we like it, we usually stay at Jambo.
We have two studios... one standard view, one Savannah view. Hopefully they are fairly close together.
Can someone tell me, is there only one place to use your refillable mug at Kidani?

I'm so excited... just did our FPs for our family trip. It's getting close now!!!!
First time staying at Kidani. Hope we like it, we usually stay at Jambo.
We have two studios... one standard view, one Savannah view. Hopefully they are fairly close together.
Can someone tell me, is there only one place to use your refillable mug at Kidani?

There are two: the store and the pool. They both have hours limited to the times the locations are open.

I'm getting excited for my sons' trips coming up too. They both have club level rooms switching over to standard views and vice versa. All I ask is I want the one living at home still to bring me back one mickey shaped sugar cube, LOL.

My daughter and I recently came back from a week long trip in a value studio. The room was great, the only downside being the loud equipment down below the room when we stepped out onto the balcony. Not the same as being on a savanna view, which are still the best. The room was tight for the number of suitcases we brought too - We had the usual, plus one for the kitchen and one more for bringing home some mementos (early Christmas gift shopping.)

My next trip will be Dec. 2020... think I'll start packing now. :)

There are two: the store and the pool. They both have hours limited to the times the locations are open.

I'm getting excited for my sons' trips coming up too. They both have club level rooms switching over to standard views and vice versa. All I ask is I want the one living at home still to bring me back one mickey shaped sugar cube, LOL.

My daughter and I recently came back from a week long trip in a value studio. The room was great, the only downside being the loud equipment down below the room when we stepped out onto the balcony. Not the same as being on a savanna view, which are still the best. The room was tight for the number of suitcases we brought too - We had the usual, plus one for the kitchen and one more for bringing home some mementos (early Christmas gift shopping.)

My next trip will be Dec. 2020... think I'll start packing now. :)
Hilarious... never too early to start packing for Disney. We stayed in a Value room for the first time last year. We really enjoyed it. Didn't seem too bad and you can't complain about the point cost.

I have two upcoming stays in Kidani, with girlfriends, and then with neighbors from our Ohio house. I had requested pool for our standard stay in October, did not get it.

For the first time we did the walk between Jambo and Kidani, and since we were at the end of Kidani, near Jambo, I was surprised at how short the walk was.

I've been lurking here for YEARS, but decided to go ahead and post since we are new owners at AKL!

We've stayed at Jambo and Kidani before, but this coming March we're heading down for a Spring Break trip... our first visit as DVC owners. :banana:
Amazing... enjoy. I love being an AKV owner.

Could someone help me out with the availability calendar below. What is going on with October 6th? Why isn't it listed as either available (dark blue, like the 2nd or 7-11) or waitlist only (light blue like the 3-5)? It seems like this date is just randomly unavailable, but if you stalk the tool you will notice that it moves day by day, this is happening for both the value rooms and the CL rooms. Can someone explain this to me? I have noticed this off and on for a while now.

2019-11-05 (2).png

Could someone help me out with the availability calendar below. What is going on with October 6th? Why isn't it listed as either available (dark blue, like the 2nd or 7-11) or waitlist only (light blue like the 3-5)? It seems like this date is just randomly unavailable, but if you stalk the tool you will notice that it moves day by day, this is happening for both the value rooms and the CL rooms. Can someone explain this to me? I have noticed this off and on for a while now.

View attachment 450488
The color is different because the date is unavailable to book based on booking windows (so greyed out) and every room has been reserved, thus not blue. So you get the different color than the rest. This lines up with the Club and Value rooms because they often book out early and are walked (with so little the current 11 month date +1 day sometimes are completely booked).

View attachment 450488
It just means it is already booked. Days outside of the 11 month window will show in a faded type of colour. So it is waitlist only and beyond 11 months. Here is how the available night look beyond 11 months when not highlighted...a faded blue.

Screenshot_2019-11-05 Book a Resort Disney Vacation Club.png

We have 2 trips for 2020 planned. One, at our “home” OKW and another at Jambo. We have never done Jambo other than dining so, any tips, location requests for STD Studio appreciated!

We have 2 trips for 2020 planned. One, at our “home” OKW and another at Jambo. We have never done Jambo other than dining so, any tips, location requests for STD Studio appreciated!
For Jambo standard studio, it's either pool view or savanna view. There's really no bad view IMO.

Due to a conversion of many rooms to standard from savanna view in 2012, a little more than half the standards at Jambo now have savanna view (varying from partial to actually decent), and the rest are the original standards, all of which overlook the pool area. If you want to try for savanna view in a standard, a request through MS you could make is for a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building since all standards on that side of the building were originally savanna view.

For Jambo standard studio, it's either pool view or savanna view. There's really no bad view IMO.
In my opinion, the best standard view rooms are the ones AWAY from the lobby area. Too close and you get rooftop (Boma), look across into other's guests rooms, or have laundry close by with the lint littering the balcony and people coming/going in there all times of the day and night.

Due to a conversion of many rooms to standard from savanna view in 2012, a little more than half the standards at Jambo now have savanna view (varying from partial to actually decent), and the rest are the original standards, all of which overlook the pool area. If you want to try for savanna view in a standard, a request through MS you could make is for a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building since all standards on that side of the building were originally savanna view.
Thanks so much!

In my opinion, the best standard view rooms are the ones AWAY from the lobby area. Too close and you get rooftop (Boma), look across into other's guests rooms, or have laundry close by with the lint littering the balcony and people coming/going in there all times of the day and night.
Thank you!

Hi! New AKV owner (hooray!) here. We're waiting to stay until all 5 kids come with us, but DH and I have managed to sneak in a spring getaway because my awesome parents are willing to travel to watch the 5 monsters ;) and we actually will try out a studio haha.**ETA: we're not staying at AKV until the kids come** We own at Kidani, but somehow in my literally 3 years of research prior to purchase, I never considered this might be a thing...do we have to wait until 7 mo out to book at Jambo? How did I miss this? Are the two similar to CCV / BRV at WL? That's a bit of a teeny bummer in case I ever wanted to try club level. We have to always get a 2BR anyway so It's not like I'd have strong chances necessarily (I understand the lockoff/inventory situation with value and cl rooms, but still)...just never even thought of this. If someone could clarify for me I'd super appreciate it.

Hi! New AKV owner (hooray!) here. We're waiting to stay until all 5 kids come with us, but DH and I have managed to sneak in a spring getaway because my awesome parents are willing to travel to watch the 5 monsters ;) and we actually will try out a studio haha.**ETA: we're not staying at AKV until the kids come** We own at Kidani, but somehow in my literally 3 years of research prior to purchase, I never considered this might be a thing...do we have to wait until 7 mo out to book at Jambo? How did I miss this? Are the two similar to CCV / BRV at WL? That's a bit of a teeny bummer in case I ever wanted to try club level. We have to always get a 2BR anyway so It's not like I'd have strong chances necessarily (I understand the lockoff/inventory situation with value and cl rooms, but still)...just never even thought of this. If someone could clarify for me I'd super appreciate it.

No - it is NOT like WL. Jambo & Kidani are the same and bookable at 11 months whichever one you own at. We own at Kidani but almost always book Jambo. Understand Jambo usually fills up faster than Kidani, not so much because it's more popular, but because it is significantly smaller - Kidani has more than three times as many rooms as Jambo does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!