***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

No - it is NOT like WL. Jambo & Kidani are the same and bookable at 11 months whichever one you own at. We own at Kidani but almost always book Jambo. Understand Jambo usually fills up faster than Kidani, not so much because it's more popular, but because it is significantly smaller - Kidani has more than three times as many rooms as Jambo does.
This is literally what I thought, but I was checking some points/availability for Nov2020 (so really I snuck a look at a walking possibility starting now) and it shows me that I can in fact reserve a CL 2BR but it would only let me waitlist not book. But I could book a regular 2BR not waitlisted. I mean, it shows that the CL room is available on my days, but since it was "Jambo" I had to wait until 7 mo but was allowed to waitlist? that's what struck me as super bizarre. Thank you so much!

This is literally what I thought, but I was checking some points/availability for Nov2020 (so really I snuck a look at a walking possibility starting now) and it shows me that I can in fact reserve a CL 2BR but it would only let me waitlist not book. But I could book a regular 2BR not waitlisted. I mean, it shows that the CL room is available on my days, but since it was "Jambo" I had to wait until 7 mo but was allowed to waitlist? that's what struck me as super bizarre. Thank you so much!
The Club Level 2 BR is not available now.....it's actually booked solid for the first 3 days of the 11 month period right now. I believe there was an opening this morning to attempt to get a walk started but that would have been gone immediately at 8AM and many people would have been trying to get it (well, mostly just trying to get the studio portion). If you look at 11 months for a non-CL Jambo room are you able to book?

Last edited:
The Club Level 2 BR is not available now.....it's actually booked solid for the first 3 days of the 11 month period right now. I believe there was an opening this morning to attempt to get a walk started but that would have been gone immediately at 8AM and many people would have been trying to get it (well, mostly just trying to get the studio portion). If you look outside at 11 months for a non-CL Jambo room are you able to book?
when I had looked a couple of days ago (beginning date was available, that's why it seemed insane), that's what I'm describing.
GAH I just put in some 10 month shorter window dates, and I totally can book Jambo. Sigh. Sorry guys for being the total noob! At least I know that it's just the walkers who got me! **ETA: thank you so much guys!**

when I had looked a couple of days ago (beginning date was available, that's why it seemed insane), that's what I'm describing.
GAH I just put in some 10 month shorter window dates, and I totally can book Jambo. Sigh. Sorry guys for being the total noob! At least I know that it's just the walkers who got me! **ETA: thank you so much guys!**

No problem - we've all been there - that's why most everyone here is so helpful.

Hi there!
We are staying at AKV (Kidani) in January, and it occurred to me that it'll be getting dark early. Can you see the animals in the dark if you have a safari view?
Thanks!

Hi there!
We are staying at AKV (Kidani) in January, and it occurred to me that it'll be getting dark early. Can you see the animals in the dark if you have a safari view?
Thanks!

No not really. Most of them are diurnal (sleep at night) or they take them off the savannah at night. You might be able to make out a shape in the dark, but they don't light up the savannah's at night. I think both Kidani and Jambo have locations you can go to use night vision goggles, but that doesn't help from your room.

I have to say that my DSis and I had a wonderful experience late at night, past 11, and others experienced it as well. We got to our room late and there were at least 8 zebras and other animals in good view from our rooms. Many were on their balconies just watching the animals as well. Maybe the light was from the moon, but it was spiritual, we will never forget that.

Hi! New AKV owner (hooray!) here. We're waiting to stay until all 5 kids come with us, but DH and I have managed to sneak in a spring getaway because my awesome parents are willing to travel to watch the 5 monsters ;) and we actually will try out a studio haha.**ETA: we're not staying at AKV until the kids come** We own at Kidani, but somehow in my literally 3 years of research prior to purchase, I never considered this might be a thing...do we have to wait until 7 mo out to book at Jambo? How did I miss this? Are the two similar to CCV / BRV at WL? That's a bit of a teeny bummer in case I ever wanted to try club level. We have to always get a 2BR anyway so It's not like I'd have strong chances necessarily (I understand the lockoff/inventory situation with value and cl rooms, but still)...just never even thought of this. If someone could clarify for me I'd super appreciate it.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family! :)

I have to say that my DSis and I had a wonderful experience late at night, past 11, and others experienced it as well. We got to our room late and there were at least 8 zebras and other animals in good view from our rooms. Many were on their balconies just watching the animals as well. Maybe the light was from the moon, but it was spiritual, we will never forget that.
I had a similar experience with giraffe on our last stay. They like the area late at night when it's darkest, I could see them well enough to make out their spots, but not well enough for my camera to grab a decent pic (reminder to all: never use flash with animals)

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! :)
OT
Thank you so much, very kind! I'm over here rereading what I wrote...I feel the need to be clear since we have 5 kids, none of them are new:rotfl2:and we don't think there will be any more! But if you mean welcome to the "baby" that will be our AKV contract....YES!!!! hahaha Anyway I appreciate the chuckle either way you might have meant it, because everyone asks when we're having #6. :scared: Let's hope 5 is going to just stay plenty.

OT
Thank you so much, very kind! I'm over here rereading what I wrote...I feel the need to be clear since we have 5 kids, none of them are new:rotfl2:and we don't think there will be any more! But if you mean welcome to the "baby" that will be our AKV contract....YES!!!! hahaha Anyway I appreciate the chuckle either way you might have meant it, because everyone asks when we're having #6. :scared: Let's hope 5 is going to just stay plenty.
Yes, I wanted to say "Welcome home!" but feel that phrase is way overused these days.

Has anyone stayed in a Jambo studio recently? I am wondering if they have regular coffee makers or Kuerig style. Also - do they still have mini toiletries or have they switched to the large dispensers?
Thanks!!

Has anyone stayed in a Jambo studio recently? I am wondering if they have regular coffee makers or Kuerig style. Also - do they still have mini toiletries or have they switched to the large dispensers?
Thanks!!
We stayed last weekend. There is a coffee pot. The shower has dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash but we had at the sink little bottles of lotion and a bar of soap.

Thanks!!
We stayed last weekend. There is a coffee pot. The shower has dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash but we had at the sink little bottles of lotion and a bar of soap.
As far as I am aware, all DVC units still use the 12 cup standard coffee maker. If you get anything else, such as a 4 cupper, the unit must have broken and temporarilly replaced by one from a hotel room. (Tip: Always check the water tank for mold before use!)

I like the large dispensers on the wall, I'm far more likely to try their products over the ones I brought from home. I'd like them to put liquid soap dispensers for the sinks too - one for the dish soap, one for the bathroom area. Maybe in time they'll catch on. For now we still have the boxed hand soap in the bathroom and a new clear soap for the kitchen/ette sink (actually, the bottle is cool)

Thanks!!
Theyre the 12 cup ones. But I wonder if we're able to request a Keurig to use for our stay? Has anyone tried?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!