***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

We have stayed in the Jambo Grand Villa several times in the past and loved it. This time we were only able to get the Kidani Grand Villa. I am worried we will miss the large balconies at Jambo House, we sat out there several times each day and had light meals at the table. It looks like Kidani Grand Villas only have narrow balconies that fit a chair at most. We will have six adults and one toddler, so we don’t need to use the sleeper sofa which seems to be more private at Kidani. Thoughts?

Hello! Our resale contract just passed ROFR, so while technically not officially an owner yet, we are soon to be owners at AKV! It is our second favorite resort behind Wilderness Lodge (we're owners at BRV and someday may add on to CCV), though admittedly WL gets first place partly because it existed and we fell in love with it first, LOL. So excited to own here at last!

Hello! Our resale contract just passed ROFR, so while technically not officially an owner yet, we are soon to be owners at AKV! It is our second favorite resort behind Wilderness Lodge (we're owners at BRV and someday may add on to CCV), though admittedly WL gets first place partly because it existed and we fell in love with it first, LOL. So excited to own here at last!
Congrats

we have owned AKV since 2008 and it’s still my wife and kids favorite resort (we also own at VGF and have stayed several others)

it’s a fantastic place

We purchased our first contract (resale) here in late October. We chose AKL for a couple reasons...1) I am a CL kind of gal. I just am..can’t help it. ( It was actually AKL that got me started on it). Knowing our “only” chance of getting CL (slim as it is) is to own here, weighed heavily on our choice. 2). Everyone says “buy where you want to stay”. I would not be sad if this is the only resort I “could” stay at whenever we visit. In December during our trip, we purchased another contract here...doubling our points. This opened up a new strategy for booking since our target is no longer only studios. I was able to grab a 1 bedroom CL for 6 of our 9 nights in October. (SV studio for the other 3) and still have points leftover. I am SO looking forward to our first DVC stay!

I’ve been stalking for weeks and tonight I was able to book a Standard Studio at Kidani for April 28 (MK Moonlight Magic). I’ve stayed at Jambo many times. This will be my first Kidani stay.

Yay.
We did our first Kidani stay a few weeks ago after staying at Jambo all other stays. It was amazing. Certain things were missed but wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Enjoy!!!

Booked my Dec 5-12th trip back in January, but unfortunately work got so crazy I wasn't able to book right at 11 months and booked a few days after that time came up and Jambo was fully booked for Deluxe Savannah view :(

I was able to get Kidani thankfully, but I'm really hoping my waitlist comes in for Jambo as the less walking for my Mom is the better.

Booked my Dec 5-12th trip back in January, but unfortunately work got so crazy I wasn't able to book right at 11 months and booked a few days after that time came up and Jambo was fully booked for Deluxe Savannah view :(

I was able to get Kidani thankfully, but I'm really hoping my waitlist comes in for Jambo as the less walking for my Mom is the better.
Jambo SV can have long walks too. Either way, you're best adding a location request to your reservation for close to transportation due to medical reasons.
Also, if she's having trouble walking now, December is still a long time away. You might want to look into renting an ECV for her (From my aunt: the small ones are easier to bring in and charge).

Hey folks! We are hopeful that we will be owners soon. Just waiting for our contract to pass ROFR. Can anyone share their experience with the Jambo value accomodations (specifically the 2BR). I know they are a hard get even 11mo's out, are they impossible to get for a week or is that only during the DVC busy season? We have enough points for Savanna and standard 1BR, but if we ever want to take extended family along without banking or borrowing it seems very enticing.

Hey folks! We are hopeful that we will be owners soon. Just waiting for our contract to pass ROFR. Can anyone share their experience with the Jambo value accomodations (specifically the 2BR). I know they are a hard get even 11mo's out, are they impossible to get for a week or is that only during the DVC busy season? We have enough points for Savanna and standard 1BR, but if we ever want to take extended family along without banking or borrowing it seems very enticing.
The 2 Bedroom Value is probably the hardest Value Room to get. It will be hard to get year round (not impossible, just close to it).

Jambo SV can have long walks too. Either way, you're best adding a location request to your reservation for close to transportation due to medical reasons.
Also, if she's having trouble walking now, December is still a long time away. You might want to look into renting an ECV for her (From my aunt: the small ones are easier to bring in and charge).

Oh for sure, we've been to Jambo quite a bit, but we tend to luck out more there for some reason with requests for a room closer to the lobby. Everytime we've requested closer to the lobby for my Mom at Kidani it never works out. Though the staff has been really good and moved us closer in a day or two.

She actually brings one of those walkers with the chair you can sit down on occasionally which is what she prefers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter