*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
Well, we are still way over a year out, but we are already planning for 2018. So, if you are going to WDW in August of 2018 come in and join the fun.

DSC_0444_zpsj8gk0icl.jpg

Thank you! This will only be our second trip but we already can't wait!!

Let me tell you, that no matter how often you have been there and no matter how long ....... you will ALWAYS want to go back! I can't even remember how many times we have been, but I always need to have a trip in the works to hold me over to the next one.
Counting down with others really helps with the addiction. :goodvibes

Let me tell you, that no matter how often you have been there and no matter how long ....... you will ALWAYS want to go back! I can't even remember how many times we have been, but I always need to have a trip in the works to hold me over to the next one.
Counting down with others really helps with the addiction. :goodvibes

It's funny because DH and I were planning on going to Mexico next spring but he really wanted to go to Disney again instead. Our oldest is graduating so it will be her gift from us. I'm already excited even though we just settled on dates last night :)

It's funny because DH and I were planning on going to Mexico next spring but he really wanted to go to Disney again instead. Our oldest is graduating so it will be her gift from us. I'm already excited even though we just settled on dates last night :)

Your DH made the right decision to go back to Disney. ;) And what an awesome graduation gift.
Our dates are not set in stone either - we have a Fantasy cruise booked leaving from Port Canaveral on Aug 25 and will return home on Sept 9, but we need about 10 days beforehand at WDW to enjoy the start of the vacation and make good use of our 13 month APs.

Well, I'm not anywhere near at the point of having firm dates yet, but there is a pretty good chance that we will wind up being there sometime around the middle of the month for two weeks, so I might as well jump in here now lol.

Well, I'm not anywhere near at the point of having firm dates yet, but there is a pretty good chance that we will wind up being there sometime around the middle of the month for two weeks, so I might as well jump in here now lol.

I think I know you from the August 2017 thread! Happy to have you here as well - I will just leave your dates and resort open.

I agree with Tomh. Count me in, but no firm dates yet. We are hoping to get a bounceback offer for next August (when we go this August). If I had to guess, somewhere in middle of August for 12-14 days, but dates still TBD. Would like to stay at PORS (well POFQ, but not likely to ever be included in bounceback offer). Thanks for starting a 2018 August thread- nice to have something to plan for when this years trip is over :cutie:

I agree with Tomh. Count me in, but no firm dates yet. We are hoping to get a bounceback offer for next August (when we go this August). If I had to guess, somewhere in middle of August for 12-14 days, but dates still TBD. Would like to stay at PORS (well POFQ, but not likely to ever be included in bounceback offer). Thanks for starting a 2018 August thread- nice to have something to plan for when this years trip is over :cutie:

Welcome to 2018's planning! Awesome to know that we all will be counting down together. :)

Last edited:
My DN and her family want to go with us next year. Looking into the end of August 2018. Hoping to take advantage of some free DD if it becomes available towards the end of August 2018.

Count us in! August 18-30 at the Polynesian!! We stayed there in August of 2015 and LOVED it!! :cloud9: Definitely want to do it again! Will likely be booking this September / October! :hippie:

Last edited:
I think I know you from the August 2017 thread! Happy to have you here as well - I will just leave your dates and resort open.
Yup, in the 2017 thread thread too. I'm sure you know me from there. Pretty fair bet we won't be staying onsite. We are a family of 5 or 6 depending on who goes. The rates for onsite accommodations for a family that size just don't agree with me, so it is very likely to be an offsite stay again. I will post when my dates start to firm up some.

My DN and her family want to go with us next year. Looking into the end of August 2018. Hoping to take advantage of some free DD if it becomes available towards the end of August 2018.

Got you on the list! Fingers crossed for FD for you next summer.

Count us in! August 18-30 at the Polynesian!! We stayed there in August of 2015 and LOVED it!! :cloud9: Definitely want to do it again! Will likely be booking this September / October! :hippie:

On the list! Due to work we go to WDW every summer and despite the heat we love it too! See you there in 2018!

Yup, in the 2017 thread thread too. I'm sure you know me from there. Pretty fair bet we won't be staying onsite. We are a family of 5 or 6 depending on who goes. The rates for onsite accommodations for a family that size just don't agree with me, so it is very likely to be an offsite stay again. I will post when my dates start to firm up some.

:thumbsup2 Family of 5 or 6 is tricky onsite. Apart from villas there is little where you would all fit and I agree with you that offsite is the way to go. Once you have your dates they can always be added. We still have quite some time to go until then.

Hello everyone so we will be going in August dates not completely confirmed but have reserved OKW for the 19th-31st Aug, last trip was back in April 2015 so cannot wait to get planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!