*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Well, this wasn't exactly planned, but it looks like I wound up with an extra 10 day base ticket this year. I guess that means I HAVE to make sure I go in 2018 now lol.

I'm getting excited to book our trip...hopefully Disney rolls out 2018 booking in the next 10 days or so. I'm looking forward to trying out Pop, unless the renos cause a big increase...if its not that much more we would probably stay at POR again. I do love the look of the new rooms at Pop though :rainbow:

I am planning on a mother/daughter trip for August 2018. DD will be 12 at the time. I'm looking at 8/22-8/30 but nothing is booked yet.

Hi all. Count us in. We are going at the end of this August hoping to book a bounceback for August 2018. We have been booking bouncebacks for several years now. DH says we do it so that I won't cry when we leave.:goodvibes Whatever the reason, I am always happy to go back. Still don't know dates or resort. Usually we go at the end of the month for about 10 days and stay at a moderate.

That's what I'm waiting for! Thinking of splitting GF and BWI. We did a Poly/BC split for our last family trip and really enjoyed it.

Nice!! We did the Poly in 2015 and my oldest daughter fell in love with it!!! She's graduating from college next year so this trip will be her graduation gift! She'll flip to be at the Poly again! :worship:

Count me in! Family of 5 getting excited...I just want to book the trip...

When: August 1-12, I think. I mean I haven't booked yet but right now those are my dates.

Where: BC or BCV August 1-6 f/b Poly regular room or DVC studio August 6-12. Finally convinced my DH to do a split stay. My sister will meet us at the Poly from the 6-10.

I need to do a spead sheet with in the next month-a DVC room compared to the (hopefully) magical deal, which won't be out til??

Then tickets-6 day park hopper and I think and hope the magical deal has the one water park included. Or is AAA cheaper or UT.

Do I do a memory maker? Or buy a new camera and just take the close ups with my phone. Every time I try to get fireworks pictures with my good camera and since I am not a great photographer they just stink but I like them to print. But I haven't printed a picture in years...

When: August 1-12, I think. I mean I haven't booked yet but right now those are my dates.

Where: BC or BCV August 1-6 f/b Poly regular room or DVC studio August 6-12. Finally convinced my DH to do a split stay. My sister will meet us at the Poly from the 6-10.

I need to do a spead sheet with in the next month-a DVC room compared to the (hopefully) magical deal, which won't be out til??

Then tickets-6 day park hopper and I think and hope the magical deal has the one water park included. Or is AAA cheaper or UT.

Do I do a memory maker? Or buy a new camera and just take the close ups with my phone. Every time I try to get fireworks pictures with my good camera and since I am not a great photographer they just stink but I like them to print. But I haven't printed a picture in years...

To be completely honest, I have had some good luck getting fireworks pictures with my phone. That is just lazy on my part, since I do have a good DSLR, and get some good fireworks pictures with it, but if you haven't tried the phone, give it a go, you might be surprised.

Count us in! 5 of us headed down for Aug 25-Sept 8 and staying at the Beach Club! Already making sure I'm ready for that date in Feb to book ADR!

Sorry for the long absense. Lots of things going on at my end of the world, but I did finally update the roll call. Please check if the information is correct, or let me know otherwise.

Thank you all!

Last edited:
Hello everyone so we will be going in August dates not completely confirmed but have reserved OKW for the 19th-31st Aug, last trip was back in April 2015 so cannot wait to get planning

Welcome!
You`re on the list. OKW is one of our favourite resorts, you are very lucky.

Well, this wasn't exactly planned, but it looks like I wound up with an extra 10 day base ticket this year. I guess that means I HAVE to make sure I go in 2018 now lol.

Ah, what a shame winding up with extra tickets. Oh that horrible task of haing to go back in 2018. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm getting excited to book our trip...hopefully Disney rolls out 2018 booking in the next 10 days or so. I'm looking forward to trying out Pop, unless the renos cause a big increase...if its not that much more we would probably stay at POR again. I do love the look of the new rooms at Pop though :rainbow:

The new rooms look really nice - haven't checked for a price increase yet, but we could be tempted to stay there again. :thumbsup2

Count us in! Aug 14-28 2018, staying at POFQ!

Welcome!
You're on the list.

We're in! Aug 11-18, 2018 at Wilderness Lodge!

Welcome!
You're on the list.

Pop it is! August 15 - 29!! Is it too early to customize our bands?? :P:D:-)

:thumbsup2

I am planning on a mother/daughter trip for August 2018. DD will be 12 at the time. I'm looking at 8/22-8/30 but nothing is booked yet.

Welcome!
Got you on the list. Let me know when you decide on dates and resorts and I will add it.

Changing my dates slightly -- August 19-September 1st -- still at the Poly. Now waiting (not very patiently) for *** to release their Labor Day specials for 2018!! :rolleyes1

Changes done!

Hi all. Count us in. We are going at the end of this August hoping to book a bounceback for August 2018. We have been booking bouncebacks for several years now. DH says we do it so that I won't cry when we leave.:goodvibes Whatever the reason, I am always happy to go back. Still don't know dates or resort. Usually we go at the end of the month for about 10 days and stay at a moderate.

Welcome!
You're on the list.

Welcome!
You're on the list.

Count us in! 5 of us headed down for Aug 25-Sept 8 and staying at the Beach Club! Already making sure I'm ready for that date in Feb to book ADR!

Welcome!
You're on the list.

DD & I are going August 1 to 8.
Pretty sure the plan is August 1-2 - GF, August 2-7 - Pop & August 7-8 - AKL.
August 7 is her 10th birthday so we'll be celebrating in style. I won't be booking until after our cruise in November so it's all subject to change depending on discounts available.

DD & I are going August 1 to 8.
Pretty sure the plan is August 1-2 - GF, August 2-7 - Pop & August 7-8 - AKL.
August 7 is her 10th birthday so we'll be celebrating in style. I won't be booking until after our cruise in November so it's all subject to change depending on discounts available.

DD has requested GF for our mother/daughter trip. I'm hoping to get a good deal. I want to do a GF/BWI or BC split but I'm so undecided. I've also always liked the look of CSR and want to try that. Decisions, decisions!

DD has requested GF for our mother/daughter trip. I'm hoping to get a good deal. I want to do a GF/BWI or BC split but I'm so undecided. I've also always liked the look of CSR and want to try that. Decisions, decisions!
I'm trying to be consistent. When I took our son for his solo 10th birthday trip we did 1 night BC, 5 nights AS MUSIC then 1 night WL. So I'm trying to repeat the Deluxe, Value, Deluxe model.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter