*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I bought the plane tickets yesterday, but I haven't yet bought park tickets or made hotel reservations. I've been told I can start making ADRs on the 19th. Will I need park tickets and/or hotel reservations linked to my Disney account before I can make ADRs?
You don't need park tickets to make ADR's. But you do need a Disney resort reservation if you want to make ADR's at 180 days +10. Otherwise, you will have to make your ADR's one day at a time starting on the 19th.

I had to call to book my ADRs, very strange. We’re going to have a 1900 Park Fare character breakfast and a San angel dinner, so far. Most other meals will be quick service, I think.

Booking our ADR's one week from Sunday!!! So excited! Anyone know how difficult it is to "get what you want when you want" when your group is 7 people or more?

Did my ADRs this morning and for the first hour I kept getting the sorry for the paws screen. Ended up calling when the phone lines opened at 7am and sat on hold for 16 minutes. Had to book all mine over the phone. Found out later I could book through the app, but not on my laptop. Did get everything I wanted in the end. Whew!

One thought that came to mind here is that schools in the NE start back up right after Memorial Day, so all those families are heading back home at the end of August. Disney might have come to the conclusion that if they have a couple of parties before those families all go home, they will get some extra business for the parties. Our family will never go to a party in September, since we have to be back in NY for the start of school, but for sure if they have them in August, we will attend one.

It's starting to look like there may be parties on the 17th, 21st, and 24th! We did a party on our very first trip (10 years ago) in October. We had a great time and the crowds were really low. I think we will definitely get sucked into this if there is a party on the 21st. :-)

It's starting to look like there may be parties on the 17th, 21st, and 24th! We did a party on our very first trip (10 years ago) in October. We had a great time and the crowds were really low. I think we will definitely get sucked into this if there is a party on the 21st. :-)

If they start the parties as early as the 17th, I'll be so excited! It means we will have several party dates to choose from, so I won't buy my tickets ahead of time. I'll just wait to see what the weather is like (day of) so we can try to avoid a rainy party.

Wow, if they have a party on the 17th I will be thrilled! If on the 21st I’ll have to think about it; it’s our last night and we need to leave for the airport really early the next morning.

Making ADR tomorrow. Those who had problems, did you just try Disneyworld or the app?

I tried the app, I tried the website on my phone, and the website on my computer. I still can’t make any, any of those ways.

Making ADR tomorrow. Those who had problems, did you just try Disneyworld or the app?

Just finished doing mine for Aug 16-20th.. I was up at 6a est .. online was a no go.. kept getting the “ sorry for the paws” message. I was able to get a couple via the app but I had to keep signing out and back in because it wouldn’t recognize all our travel dates.. I ended up calling and getting pretty close to what we wanted... it was a little frustrating because certain ADRs were disappearing as I was on hold.

I couldn’t on my laptop or the website though my iPad. After I called them in and read here on DIS people had success with the app I went on the app and was able to book one and change one I made over the phone.

Just finished doing mine for Aug 16-20th.. I was up at 6a est .. online was a no go.. kept getting the “ sorry for the paws” message. I was able to get a couple via the app but I had to keep signing out and back in because it wouldn’t recognize all our travel dates.. I ended up calling and getting pretty close to what we wanted... it was a little frustrating because certain ADRs were disappearing as I was on hold.

Same with me.....I was so frustrated to see beaches and cream for six going pretty quickly! Every time I refreshed to try again more times were gone....I had my ADRs in order of what to book first at 6 am since I had 6 ADRs and nothing was going as I planned! By the time I spoke with someone on the phone around 7:30am I was able to get everything I wanted, we are just going to beaches later in our trip!

I am hoping for a party on the 28th. If they have a few before that, even better. My guess is that the first party will be pretty well attended, so I'd prefer to wait for at least the 2nd, where I would expect that the crowds would be lower.

So I used the app on my phone, 5:59 error message 6:01 no late breakfast at CP. Gggrrr. But I did get OHana for breakfast at least

Going August 13 to 23 and was able to get all ADR's, including a couple for 9 people. I was even able to go in today and change some of my times. The only one that is solid and unchangeable is a lunch at BOG!

I think we are going to do a Halloween Party on the 21st, if what is expected ends up happening.

Our ADR day is this upcoming Sunday, and I need help and advice.

Since crowd calendars are pretty much a crapshoot now, and that's what I've always used in the past, I'm stuck. How do you guys plan for your meals? Ho do you pick your park days?

We're there for 8 days with 7 day park hoppers, and plan on 'Ohana for breakfast, 50's PT, Sci-fi, Chef Mickey's, and Rainforest at AK for lunch or dinner.

ETA: We're also planning on MNSSHP for Tuesday the 28th. I'm counting arrival day as one of our 8 days, but we don't want any ADR's that day.

Last edited:
Since crowd calendars are pretty much a crapshoot now, and that's what I've always used in the past, I'm stuck. How do you guys plan for your meals? Ho do you pick your park days?

I have park hopper so I don't worry about picking park days as much. I've only made 2 ADR's for my two week trip. A BOG lunch and a California Grill dinner both on the same day for my husband's birthday. We may add another ADR or 2 once we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!