*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Just booked our stay August 2-9 at Poly. We drive also with 3 kids and straight through. It honestly is the easiest for us so the kids sleep while we drive.

We are driving from NJ too!! August 21-28/30....still unsure how long. This will be our first time driving and with 2 kids ages 8 & 6 then. I'm worried about the drive and the August heat! Are you driving straight through or stopping? If stopping, where will you stop? Looks like you have a fun vacation planned!! Let's go 2018!!!
Hi there! We are planning to stop in Savannah, right off I95. We are not going to book anything though, and that way we can keep driving if we are up to it. We plan to leave around midnight so as to get through the DC traffic well before morning rush.

I haven't booked yet but we are def doing a mother daughter trip! Probably 8/24-9/1. Hoping for the Disney trifecta... free dining, mnsshp, and f&w!!!!

Last edited:
I'm excited to say that my DD13 and I will be joining everyone here for the August 2018 countdown!

Dates: August 19-26 maybe longer depending on our hotel choice.

Hotel: Waiting for certain deals ;) buuuut if we stay value = POP, moderate we have been everywhere except CBR so we will try CBR if we stay moderate and if we stay deluxe on a magical deal we will do the Yacht Club so that we can take advantage of Stormalong Bay.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as we plan our trips!

Well, we are no where near booking anything yet, but . . .. . we have tentative dates. Looks like we may be in the parks from August 18 through August 28, with our drive down happening on the 16th and 17th, and the return being the 29th and 30th.

Those dates happened for a few reasons, one being our hopes of maybe catching the first MNSSHP next year. More importantly, we figured that if we go for those dates in 2018, then we can go basically 2 weeks earlier in 2019, and that will allow us to get one annual pass, which will cover both trips, and give us the parking, photo downloads, plus the merchandise and dining discounts, which should save us some money over the course of the two trips.

Hello August Peeps!!! I see a lot of you from the August 2017 thread, so :wave:

We left the Poly just last week and it was a wonderful trip. We were able to book a Free Dining Bounceback to BWI for next summer, so our dates are 8/19/18-8/28/18 at BWI!!! :jumping1:

When we booked the package, it was the first time we've actually had to pay for the whole family of 5....:bitelip::faint:

Oh well, we got 3 trips in with DS being under 3! :rotfl2:

Hello to all
We have moved up our Disney trip from Aug 2019 to Aug 2018 . This will be my son's 13 & 8 1st trip . I haven't been to Disney in 22 years so it's like my 1st time as well. We are planning on staying on property at Pop Century or All Star movie. We will also we going wit my mother and my sister. As of right now we are driving but if I can get a deal on tickets we will fly. Aug 20- 25 for on Disney property but we will be staying in Florida for about 9 days total. Any tips will help I've been reading and watch youtube so I've learned a lot in the last three days .

I'd go with Pop over any AS resort. Bus system is better for Pop.

I'm excited to say that my DD13 and I will be joining everyone here for the August 2018 countdown!

Dates: August 19-26 maybe longer depending on our hotel choice.

Hotel: Waiting for certain deals ;) buuuut if we stay value = POP, moderate we have been everywhere except CBR so we will try CBR if we stay moderate and if we stay deluxe on a magical deal we will do the Yacht Club so that we can take advantage of Stormalong Bay.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all as we plan our trips!

Pretty close to when we will be there!

We left the Poly just last week and it was a wonderful trip. We were able to book a Free Dining Bounceback to BWI for next summer, so our dates are 8/19/18-8/28/18 at BWI!!! :jumping1:

When we booked the package, it was the first time we've actually had to pay for the whole family of 5....:bitelip::faint:

Well, those couldn't be much closer to our dates if we tried!

Joining in! We booked a bounceback offer for Aug 18-25, 2018. Staying at AS Sports :cool1:

And another that is overlapping much of our trip, wow!

So my question is, where and when are we all meeting for dinner lol.

Hello! I think we are kind of in the same boat....except our family is in a slightly bigger boat!! We booked a bounce back three weeks ago while staying at the Poly. Our youngest will be three when we return so this time I had to book a package for six :eek:. We booked Aug 14-24 at AOA. DH is spoiled by all of our previous deluxe stays so the AOA suites will be a change of scenery for us. I told him with the kiddos growing up we will definitely spend more time in the parks and less time back at the resort for afternoon napping!

Hello! I think we are kind of in the same boat....except our family is in a slightly bigger boat!! We booked a bounce back three weeks ago while staying at the Poly. Our youngest will be three when we return so this time I had to book a package for six :eek:. We booked Aug 14-24 at AOA. DH is spoiled by all of our previous deluxe stays so the AOA suites will be a change of scenery for us. I told him with the kiddos growing up we will definitely spend more time in the parks and less time back at the resort for afternoon napping!

Six!!! :faint:

Well, I'll tell you, we usually stay deluxe but last year stayed at AOA and LOVED it. We would definitely stay there again. We were in a Nemo Suite which was very close to the main building and the big pool. If we were a family of six, it would be my go to every time! :thumbsup2

Six!!! :faint:

Well, I'll tell you, we usually stay deluxe but last year stayed at AOA and LOVED it. We would definitely stay there again. We were in a Nemo Suite which was very close to the main building and the big pool. If we were a family of six, it would be my go to every time! :thumbsup2

Thank you for this positive review of AoA! After we booked the bounceback we went over to AoA to check it out. I even asked the front desk if we could see a room, mostly to put my DH at ease, and they showed us a Nemo suite! I am excited for the two bathrooms and all the space. The kids are very excited too! My DH is still hoping I book two rooms at wilderness lodge....however I told him connecting rooms are not guaranteed and after crunching numbers the AoA with upgraded dining is still cheaper for us. The dining plan works for us....I have some kiddos who can really eat and we all love the character meals!

So Disney 2018 trip is all confirmed booked flydrive yesterday from London to Fort Lauderdale (saved us over £1000 compared to flying into mco) on the 16th then 3 nights at the Hilton (free nights due to hhonours points) check into Disney at OKW on the 19th till the 31st another free night at the Hilton before then flying home on the 1st. B beyond excited and cannot wait to get planning with you all

We are booked for August 7-17 at PORS with the BB offer (we upgraded to regular dining plan because like @pd1138, the dining plan really works well for our family; we still enjoy character meals even though my DD's are teens). Still waiting for a magical deal as we are hoping to add 3 nights at the Beach Club (to be able to swim in SAB and enjoy Epcot at night). Happy planning :-)

I would pick a deluxe over a moderate any day of the week. Except maybe SSR and OKW depending on the focus on our trip.

I would explain to my kids all of the amenities you receive over the moderate and that the pool area is much better. My kids prefer anywhere with an awesome pool.

We are booked for August 7-17 at PORS with the BB offer (we upgraded to regular dining plan because like @pd1138, the dining plan really works well for our family; we still enjoy character meals even though my DD's are teens). Still waiting for a magical deal as we are hoping to add 3 nights at the Beach Club (to be able to swim in SAB and enjoy Epcot at night). Happy planning :-)

Hmm... now you have me thinking..... book two rooms at an EP deluxe for a night or two at the end of the trip! That would give DH a good end to the vacation! We stayed at BC in 2016 and absolutely loved it! This year we tried Poly and although it was gorgeous and the room was huge, we decided we prefer the EP resorts!

I would pick a deluxe over a moderate any day of the week. Except maybe SSR and OKW depending on the focus on our trip.

I would explain to my kids all of the amenities you receive over the moderate and that the pool area is much better. My kids prefer anywhere with an awesome pool.

Three of my kids already prefer a deluxe... and they are all under 11. They love SAB and now the Poly pool and slide! The problem is now that the fourth is no longer a baby I have had to explain to them we are no longer five with one under three to fit in one room!! So if we would like to go again it looks like AoA for us.....until maybe one of them goes off to college in a few years....... or in the words of my son....."can't we just leave our sister at Aunt Dana's for the week??" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!