*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I make my FP tomorrow morning. Can anyone tell me if there are any SDD left on August 17. I need to see if I need to rework my plans. Thank you!

I make my FP tomorrow morning. Can anyone tell me if there are any SDD left on August 17. I need to see if I need to rework my plans. Thank you!

Hi there, yes, there are as of now. The earliest is 4:55pm and I saw that and two times between 5 and 6. I didn’t check later, but there are probably more later in the evening, too. I was searching for 3 people, so availability may go up or down depending on how many you have.

Also, touring plans updates, not sure how often; it looks like the last time was very early this morning, so before people reserved today, but it may help a bit. https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/fastpass-availability/date/2018-08-17

Last edited:
We will cross paths a bit, there will be 7 in my party, to include 2 first-timers (one of whom is 11 and the other of whom is her 67y/o grandma who has wanted to go for decades)

Our plans are finally finalized. This time its just DD & I.

Aug. 4 - AK FP for Navi, Characters at Outpost & Kali (morning)
Aug. 4 - Flying in that afternoon. :tigger:

Aug. 5 - MK FP for Pooh, 7 Dwarf & Peter Pan (morning)

Aug. 5 - We always start with the "mountains" - Splash, Thunder, Space

Aug. 6 - EP FP for Character Spot, Frozen & Spaceship Earth (morning) ADR Akershus 10:45 am

Aug. 6 - Discovery Cove during day, then Safari and Exp Everest in evening

Aug. 7 - DD 10th Birthday MK FP for 7 Dwarf (again), Meet Ariel & Meet Cinderella (morning)

Aug. 7 - Happy Birthday to her! FP for ToT, RnR Coaster, and Slinky Dog, then EPCOT for EMH at night

Aug. 8 - HS FP for Muppets, Star Tours & Slinky Dog (morning)

Aug. 8 - Back to AK for Exp Everest, Safari, and FOP, then MK for EMH at night

Aug. 9 - AK FP for FOP, Dinosaur & Safari (morning) ADR 50's Prime Time 5:15 pm

Aug. 9 - Sea World during day and hotel pool in evening

Aug. 10 - Check out day EP FP for Soarin, Living with the Land & The Seas with Nemo (morning) ADR Bon Voyage Breakfast 10:30 am, Fly out at 6:30 pm

Aug. 10 - Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth.. then MK in evening

Aug 11th: Fly home :(

I am doing the happy dance.

Today I changed my reservation. I originally was staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and now I have turned it into a split stay. 4 nights at wilderness, 3 nights at Poly. One of those Poly nights I am doing Disney after hours, so that will be nice. I haven't stay at either hotel, but the differences between them make it seem excited for my stay. August can't come quick enough

So Far got all the fastpasses I wanted for Epcot, HS, and AK. I can't book my Fast passes for MK untill Sunday. Praying we are able to get something for 7D or we will have to try to rope drop it. Cancelled my reservation for Todd English's bluezoo. Really trying to maximize our use of the Quick Service dining plan this year eventhough it's free and also want to maximize my use of the AKL Club Lounge. Hopefully Plans will be final by Monday.

Just did most of my FPs for our trip. We are not visiting the parks arrival day as we have a later flight so our first park day is 60+1 and it's MK. I originally couldn't get 7DMT til 4:30 but have since bumped it up to 2:40 and hoping to keep modifying it earlier.

Our 60+2 day is AK, there were no FOP available. Which is fine, we have rope dropped it enough to know we can do that if we want. I booked Navi, Safari and Everest. When I went back to look Safari and Everest showed no more availability for the day.

The rest of our days went pretty well as expected. Still debating what I want to FP our last day? If we want to start at AK and hop over to MK for lunch or just do all MK (our flight is at 7:30pm)

I was on my laptop, using Chrome and didn't have any glitchiness. Smooth sailing. 60 Days!

8/15 Arrival Evening
8/16 MK - FPs Space/BTMRR/7DMT Dinner at Sanaa 6:40
8/17 AK - Rope drop FOP and FPs for Navi/Safari/Everest Tusker House late breakfast
8/18 EP - Rope Drop Soarin FPs for TT/Mission/Land
8/19 NOTHING! planned -- relax!
8/20 EP - Rope Drop Soarin FPs for TT/Land/Turtle Talk Coral Reef Lunch
8/21 HS - Rope drop Slinky and TSM? FPs for Aliens/RnR/ToT
8/23 MK - 7DMT/Splash/Space Evening at HS for Fantasmic
8/24 No park in the AM, MNSSHP 4pm
8/25 Another relaxation day! Raglan Road Dinner
8/26 AK - Safari/FOP/Everest
8/27 HS - FPs for TSM/ToT/RnR -- will decide what to rope drop after our first HS day Dinner at Sanaa
8/28 AK - Rope drop Everest FPs for Safari/FOP Hop to MK for some rides/lunch at Skipper Canteen

All but our first MK day I have scheduled the FPs first thing in the morning and hope to modify the times as we go and book more FPs. We take breaks each afternoon and usually hop to MK in the evening since their FPs are easiest to get later in the day. This is a different strategy than we have used the last few times we went, but we are very laid back and go with the flow, so I think we will make it work. My child are utterly shocked that I do not have POC and HM FPs booked because they are must dos for me (and several times at that, but I am thinking I should be able to pick those up as FPs later in the day).

FP time is tomorrow morning, please send some positive pixie dust my way!

How's everyones going thus far?

With the exception of FOP we are not too picky (but have preferences of of course).

FP time is tomorrow morning, please send some positive pixie dust my way!

How's everyones going thus far?

With the exception of FOP we are not too picky (but have preferences of of course).

Fp day is Wednesday and I am stressed out! I’ve got a list for all of our days and in the grand scheme of things, it is not a crisis if we don’t get a specific FP but the stress of planning is driving me nuts!

We do have a bit of an advantage in that we have been there DL many times so there are some attractions that are typically high demand that we are planning on skipping. Soarin’ and TSMM are two that come to mind but I am sure there are others. Also, Buzz and all character meets.

Last edited:
I made my FP this morning, and I was having all kinds of trouble. I can't remember what message I got, but it kept glitching. Sometimes I would think I got a FP, but then it was gone. I tried in different browsers on my laptop and then on the app on my phone. Strangely enough, my DH was using his ipad to help me and had no problems. Later, I went in and modified and tweaked my times a bit and had no problems. I got everything I wanted, but of course I had to compromise with SDD, SDMT, and FOP times - just glad I got them.

Fp day is Wednesday and I am stressed out! I’ve got a list for all of our days and in the grand scheme of things, it is not a crisis if we don’t get a specific FP but the stress of planning is driving me nuts!

We do have a bit of an advantage in that we have been there DL many times so there are some attractions that are typically high demand that we are planning on skipping. Soarin’ and TSMM are two that come to mind but I am sure there are others. Also, Buzz and all character meets.

It's like a tense moment in a suspense film sometimes!

Luckily for us, (we are three adults), were not too interested in TSL so we're hoping that will draw people away from other parks!

I made my FP this morning, and I was having all kinds of trouble. I can't remember what message I got, but it kept glitching. Sometimes I would think I got a FP, but then it was gone. I tried in different browsers on my laptop and then on the app on my phone. Strangely enough, my DH was using his ipad to help me and had no problems. Later, I went in and modified and tweaked my times a bit and had no problems. I got everything I wanted, but of course I had to compromise with SDD, SDMT, and FOP times - just glad I got them.

Sorry you had a rough go; glad you were able to make the times you got for the tough FPs work.

Sorry you had a rough go; glad you were able to make the times you got for the tough FPs work.

Last year we had Stitch eating the page! The technical difficulties are always frustrating but seems to work out in the end.

Hello August Peeps!

For those attending MNSSHP in August, were you able to book FP's on your party ticket and can you please share the time frame you booked your rides?

Example: FP+ 3:20-4:20, 4:20-5:20, 5:20-6pm

Thanks so much!

Has everyone chosen their magic bands on MDE? I keep getting this message:

Error:We are unable to display certain MagicBand order details at this time. If some or all of your orders are not present, please refresh the page or try again later.

I marked all the past magic bands as inactive to see if that would make a difference, but it did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter