*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

I updated the News section on the first page, and included this information. I hope you don't mind :)

Its not a secret! Good info for guests to have beforehand to plan accordingly. Thank you for creating this thread and providing information.

Its not a secret! Good info for guests to have beforehand to plan accordingly. Thank you for creating this thread and providing information.

Well, regardless of whether or not it is a secret, I was clueless that it had changed from June, so would not have had that bit of news to share if not for you. As for creating the thread, you are more than welcome. It has been a great deal of fun hanging out, and planning with everyone!

THANKS, hopefully will be able to meet some fellow DIS'ers........:) I do actually love the planning part, oddly enough!

I don't think it is that odd. I'd bet pretty much everyone in this thread enjoys the planning, as do the vast majority of the 245 members I have in my August facebook group.

Hi, all! I just found this thread, and it looks like I have a lot to catch up on. I'm planning a split stay for August 11-16: 3 nights Pop, 2 nights YC. I'm the MOST excited, so I keep thinking of it as MY trip, but I'm inviting my husband and 6-turning-7-yr-old son along. ;) My son loves Dumbo, the People Mover, Sorcerers of the MK, and everything about Test Track except for the ride. (Designing the car? Amazing. Riding in it? Was not a fan.) And he's ob.sessed. with Mary Poppins Returns. So we'll be staying away from thrill rides other than maybe a couple of rider-swaps if we can get FPs. This is my first August trip, so I'm planning to keep park days on the "lighter" side, schedule-wise, and our YC days will be mostly just resort/pool.

I'm looking forward to going back through the pages and reading about all of your plans! :)

Hi, all! I just found this thread, and it looks like I have a lot to catch up on. I'm planning a split stay for August 11-16: 3 nights Pop, 2 nights YC. I'm the MOST excited, so I keep thinking of it as MY trip, but I'm inviting my husband and 6-turning-7-yr-old son along. ;) My son loves Dumbo, the People Mover, Sorcerers of the MK, and everything about Test Track except for the ride. (Designing the car? Amazing. Riding in it? Was not a fan.) And he's ob.sessed. with Mary Poppins Returns. So we'll be staying away from thrill rides other than maybe a couple of rider-swaps if we can get FPs. This is my first August trip, so I'm planning to keep park days on the "lighter" side, schedule-wise, and our YC days will be mostly just resort/pool.

I'm looking forward to going back through the pages and reading about all of your plans! :)
You've been added to the Roll Call. Have fun catching up :)

I was at MK during gay days years ago. I remember that every show we went to that day was better because of the enthusiasm of the crowd.

Anyway -- from a crowd perspective --

I was planning
Wed 8/14 - Epcot at rope drop standby for Test Track, Soarin' and maybe a few more, then hop to DHS with FP at that park.
Thursday 8/15 AK all day

Since 8/15 is Gay Days at AK -- do you think I should avoid the park due to crowd? I'm hesitant because Thursday morning is EMH at Epcot and my only experience with morning extra magic hours at Epcot is that it is a complete waste of time -- the rope drop at EMH was worse than rope drop on a regular day. Test Track ended up shutting down and Soarin was mobbed. I suppose that was a bit of bad luck.

Last edited:
I was at MK during gay days years ago. I remember that every show we went to that day was better was better because of the enthusiasm of the crowd.

Anyway -- from a crowd perspective --

I was planning
Wed 8/14 - Epcot at rope drop standby for Test Track, Soarin' and maybe a few more, then hop to DHS with FP at that park.
Thursday 8/15 AK all day

Since 8/15 is Gay Days at AK -- do you think I should avoid the park due to crowd? I'm hesitant because Thursday morning is EMH at Epcot and my only experience with morning extra magic hours at Epcot is that it is a complete waste of time -- the rope drop at EMH was worse than rope drop on a regular day. Test Track ended up shutting down and Soarin was mobbed. I suppose that was a bit of bad luck.
8/15 is an AK day for us as well. Since we already have all of our ADR's exactly when we want them, I'm not going to swap days around now, so I'll just hope we are able to manage the crowds and get enough rides in to enjoy it.

Who knows, if the gay day crowds add that much enthusiasm to the shows, maybe UP, a great bird adventure won't completely suck for a change :)

How many of you are waiting/hoping for DAH dates to be released in order to finalize your plans?

I'm hoping for DAH, but if it isn't available I'll do some combination of EMMs and H20Glow. I'm also waiting for dessert parties at Epcot and HS to open.

I had a moment of weakness where I was considering booking EMM at TSL for our trip in August and it’s already sold out!!!

I had a moment of weakness where I was considering booking EMM at TSL for our trip in August and it’s already sold out!!!
This was the same with us! Went to book EMM at TSL for 8/19 and it’s sold out. As are the next 3 dates on the calendar too. Hoping they open more or something. Can’t belive they’re all sold out so far ahead. Has me worrying the parks might be more crowded than expected with people shifting vacations around because of galaxies edge

This was the same with us! Went to book EMM at TSL for 8/19 and it’s sold out. As are the next 3 dates on the calendar too. Hoping they open more or something. Can’t belive they’re all sold out so far ahead. Has me worrying the parks might be more crowded than expected with people shifting vacations around because of galaxies edge

I just rebooked our trip to that week. We had been booked Aug 25-31 with free dining at the BC, plus two nights/one resort day at AKL for Aug 23/24. I really don't like crowds, and also feel like there was no reasonable chance of us getting in to see Star Wars land on Aug 29/30 (we fly out early on Aug 31). We had planned to do Universal Aug 19-23 and then Disney, but now I've swapped them.

So we'll be doing a split stay, Aug 18-23 at the Polynesian, Aug 23-26 at the Beach Club, with Aug 19-25 as our park days and Aug 18 and 26 just being check-in/check-out. I was not able to keep our free dining, but I also decided to downgrade our tickets to one-park-per-day tickets, since that was how my plans were settling down anyways. I figure rather than paying extra for the park hopper plus, I can use some of that money towards dining or booking extra paid events (like maybe H2O Glow night!). I know with the split stay I will now have two FP+ booking windows. But my first is for 5 days, so I'm hoping to get the hard-to-get ones on days 4 and 5. We all really wanted to experience both the Poly and the BC.

Someone on one of these forums had also suggested that I would find it an overall more relaxed vacation if I did the hectic planning-focused Disney part of the trip first, then moved over to Universal for the 2nd half of the trip - the pace at Universal will hopefully be more calm (we will have Express Passes from the hotel)! Plus Universal just released a sale on tickets, 5 days for the price of 2, so I've got an extra day at Universal than I was expecting (we had intended to buy 4 day tickets for Universal).

Now that I've done all the rebooking, I'm starting to really look forward to this trip, rather than dreading the Star Wars crowd!

I just rebooked our trip to that week. We had been booked Aug 25-31 with free dining at the BC, plus two nights/one resort day at AKL for Aug 23/24. I really don't like crowds, and also feel like there was no reasonable chance of us getting in to see Star Wars land on Aug 29/30 (we fly out early on Aug 31). We had planned to do Universal Aug 19-23 and then Disney, but now I've swapped them.

So we'll be doing a split stay, Aug 18-23 at the Polynesian, Aug 23-26 at the Beach Club, with Aug 19-25 as our park days and Aug 18 and 26 just being check-in/check-out. I was not able to keep our free dining, but I also decided to downgrade our tickets to one-park-per-day tickets, since that was how my plans were settling down anyways. I figure rather than paying extra for the park hopper plus, I can use some of that money towards dining or booking extra paid events (like maybe H2O Glow night!). I know with the split stay I will now have two FP+ booking windows. But my first is for 5 days, so I'm hoping to get the hard-to-get ones on days 4 and 5. We all really wanted to experience both the Poly and the BC.

Someone on one of these forums had also suggested that I would find it an overall more relaxed vacation if I did the hectic planning-focused Disney part of the trip first, then moved over to Universal for the 2nd half of the trip - the pace at Universal will hopefully be more calm (we will have Express Passes from the hotel)! Plus Universal just released a sale on tickets, 5 days for the price of 2, so I've got an extra day at Universal than I was expecting (we had intended to buy 4 day tickets for Universal).

Now that I've done all the rebooking, I'm starting to really look forward to this trip, rather than dreading the Star Wars crowd!

Yeah we weren't sure what to do as well. We have 8/18-8/27 booked at POP with free dining and once we saw the Galaxies edge announcement we were freaking out a little. Will the crowds flock to our week now to avoid? Should we stay a few extra days and try to embrace the madness of opening day? After thinking about it we decided to stick to our original plan and just enjoy ourselves no matter what it's like. We're only doing 1 day at Universal but we cant wait to check out the new HP ride and have a fun day there overall.

I called Disney to confirm it was sold out and she said sometimes people do cancel EMM so I can keep checking. I have to keep our trip dates so I am just going to hope for the best. I have one ADR per day and will get 3 FPs per day and I guess anything else we get to will be a bonus. Maybe we will spend a lot of time at hotel pool.

I think I need a Disney planning intervention.

How many of you are waiting/hoping for DAH dates to be released in order to finalize your plans?

I'm hoping for DAH, but if it isn't available I'll do some combination of EMMs and H20Glow. I'm also waiting for dessert parties at Epcot and HS to open.

Me! With the DIS party for AK, I really want DAH for MK but losing hope...

I don't really care one way or another about the DAH. We are going to the DIS party, doing EMM on the 13th in Fantasy Land, and plan on attending the first MNSSHP. I don't need to spend any more money on extra stuff lol.

August 2019 roll call

Wayland 10 Jul 28 - Aug 6 AKL Jambo
DisneyDreamer Jul 29 - Aug 8 CBR
beltane Jul 30 - Aug 13 IDrive
fire616 Aug 2 - Aug 9 POP
JoshMom5 Aug 2 - Aug 10 Boardwalk
KNJWDW Aug 2 - Aug 10 Coronado Gran Destino Tower
PlutoIsHerFav Aug 2 - Aug 7 CR Aug 7 - Aug 10 YC
RoundtownGirl Aug 2 - Aug 11 POR
Samantha Morgan Aug 3 - Aug 6 CSR
Aurora2017 Aug 3 - Aug 10 PoP
Bama Mom Aug 3 - Aug 10 WL
JJJDisneyBuckeyes Aug 3 - Aug 10 CSR
Mary Alberts Aug 3 - Aug 10 BWI
ChimneyJim Aug 3 - Aug 11 Coronado
ReelRedHead Aug 3 - Aug 14 POR
123SA Aug 3 - Aug 17 ASMu
MouseDad Aug 4 - Aug 10 ASMu
Vickie Mabey Aug 4 - Aug 10 CBR
AsDreamersDo Aug 5 - Aug 10 POP
ChimneyJim Aug 6 - Aug 11 Contemporary
Becky Mouse Aug 6 - Aug 13 Split stay Fort Wilderness & The Swan
czechplz Aug 6 - Aug 13 BC
Harmacist Aug 6 - Aug 14 YC
OurLaughingPlace Aug 6 - 14 PORS 14 - 16 Beach Club 16 - 17 Contemporary
Tomh Aug 6 - Aug 20 Venetian Bay
sfbank Aug 7 - Aug 17 BWI
Disneylover99 Aug 7 - Aug 21 POP
cmarsh31 Aug 8 - Aug 12 CSR
manfred4247 Aug 8 - Aug 15 ASMu
Deleys on whEleys Aug 8 - Aug 13 ??
Nikki0401 Aug 9 - Aug 13 Beach Club Aug 13 - 17 Poly
rlk Aug 9 - Aug 13 POP Aug 13 - Aug 20 BCV
MT813 Aug 11 - Aug 14 POP Aug 14 - Aug 16 YC
MDHoss Aug 11 - Aug 17 POP
jmg5324 Aug 11 - Aug 18 POP
ISeeTheLight105 Aug 12 - Aug 20 Fort Wilerness Campsites
MISSYLEXI Aug 13 - Aug 26 OKW
pd1138 Aug 14 - Aug 23 CSR
KimmiP Aug 15 - Aug 22 Wilderness Lodge
The13thLetter Aug 16 - Aug 24 BCV
TI double-GUH ER Aug 16 - Aug 26 Contemporary
Lakegirl Aug 17 - Aug 23 VWL/BRV (expecting to change resorts)
kbender295 Aug 17 - Aug 24 Wilderness Cabins
Mousemommy1 Aug 17 - Aug 24 AOA
DaniMoon Aug 17 - Aug 26 AS Sports
disneyAndi14 Aug 17 - Aug 26 Poly or Contemporary TBD
Aimee Wolfe Aug 17 - Aug 31 ASMU
Newsies Aug 18 - Aug 24 Poly
han22735 Aug 18 - Aug 28 BMW
ToddlerMom311 Aug 19 - Aug 23 POP
trackchik6 Aug 19 - Aug 24 AKL
BasilofBakeryStre Aug 19 - Aug 25 CBR
spurk5532 Aug 19 - Aug 27 CBR
capegirl Aug 19 - Aug 29 SOG
McFlea Aug 20 - Aug 26 POR
hattrickmom Aug 20 - Aug 29 POP
dec2009mama Aug 21 - Aug 31 POP
Rileygirl Aug 21 - Sept 1 Poly
Jonese1977 Aug 22 - Aug 27 GF
Mascara&MouseEars Aug 22 - Aug 28 YC
Soph&HanMom Aug 23 - Aug 25 POFQ
NJlauren Aug 23 - Aug 30 YC
dnllmz Aug 23 - Aug 31 BC
succorso1 Aug 23 - Aug 31 CS
Aj1129 Aug 24 - Aug 29 GF
my2lovedisney Aug 24 - Aug 30 POR
OhanaMomma Aug 24 - Aug 31 Grand Floridian Villas
Tinker_Belle Aug 24 - Aug 31 Pop to BCV
Mrs Grumpy Aug 24 - Sept 4 POP
MarkinNM Aug 25 - Sept 1 AKL
Pirate princess 2 Aug 25 - Sept 1 POP
loislane Aug 26 - Sept 2 POP
siren0119 Aug 26 - Sept 3 ASMu
beck00 Aug 29 - Sept 2 POP
Glam Aug 29 - Sept 3 CS
mamamelody2 Aug 29 - Sept 7 POP
ArielSRL Aug 30 - Sept 3 CSR
Karl66 Aug 30 - Sept 2 OKW
MamaJessie Aug 31 - Sept 7 CBR
DisneyGal Aug 28 - Sept 3 ***

Hi all! I don't think that I ever asked to be added to the roll call - we have finalized our plans - we will be at AoA from August 17 - 24 and then at Boardwalk from August 24 - 31. We were originally going to do a cruise for the second week, but with GE announcement and some unexpected costs on the Homefront we can actually save money but staying in the parks for two weeks instead of a land/sea trip - Super excited for so many things!
- Never stayed at AoA before - DD8 cannot wait for it!
- GE opening - obviously! I'm a SW geek.
- Hopefully skyliner will be operational
- EMM at DHS booked
- MNSSHP for the first time since 2014
- Possible F&W! fingers crossed!
- EMM at MK with the new offerings
- mermaid lessons for DD8 at AoA - she's so excited
- getting AP's again and TIW again
- some exclusive gatherings that I booked through our TA with some rare characters
- new projection show at DHS
- rumored (I can't remember where I just read this!) Harambe buffet dinner in AK - if that comes to fruition it would be cool to do as it would remind me of when they did Harambe Nights

As a teacher, I hate to wish my entire summer away - but I can't wait for August to get here!!!

Hi all! I don't think that I ever asked to be added to the roll call - we have finalized our plans - we will be at AoA from August 17 - 24 and then at Boardwalk from August 24 - 31. We were originally going to do a cruise for the second week, but with GE announcement and some unexpected costs on the Homefront we can actually save money but staying in the parks for two weeks instead of a land/sea trip - Super excited for so many things!
- Never stayed at AoA before - DD8 cannot wait for it!
- GE opening - obviously! I'm a SW geek.
- Hopefully skyliner will be operational
- EMM at DHS booked
- MNSSHP for the first time since 2014
- Possible F&W! fingers crossed!
- EMM at MK with the new offerings
- mermaid lessons for DD8 at AoA - she's so excited
- getting AP's again and TIW again
- some exclusive gatherings that I booked through our TA with some rare characters
- new projection show at DHS
- rumored (I can't remember where I just read this!) Harambe buffet dinner in AK - if that comes to fruition it would be cool to do as it would remind me of when they did Harambe Nights

As a teacher, I hate to wish my entire summer away - but I can't wait for August to get here!!!

You have been added to the Roll Call. I too am looking forward to MNSSHP. We've never managed F&W, always seems to start just after we leave. We just booked the EMM at MK for the 13th, and like you, are excited for the new offerings. I hadn't heard anything about the possibility of a Harambe buffet dinner at AK, so now you have me curious :)

Hi please add us to role call. 18th-26th at Pop! First time at Pop for us. Hoping the skyliner will be open. Planning on MNSSHP - first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter