*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

You have been added to the Roll Call. I hadn't heard anything about the possibility of a Harambe buffet dinner at AK, so now you have me curious :)

Thank you! I wish I could remember where I read about the Harambe dinner - it was in the last couple of days - I read so many blogs that who really knows where I saw that - it would be cool if it comes to fruition - it could be a complete bogus rumor but would be so cool if true!

Hi, all! I just found this thread, and it looks like I have a lot to catch up on. I'm planning a split stay for August 11-16: 3 nights Pop, 2 nights YC. I'm the MOST excited, so I keep thinking of it as MY trip, but I'm inviting my husband and 6-turning-7-yr-old son along. ;) My son loves Dumbo, the People Mover, Sorcerers of the MK, and everything about Test Track except for the ride. (Designing the car? Amazing. Riding in it? Was not a fan.) And he's ob.sessed. with Mary Poppins Returns. So we'll be staying away from thrill rides other than maybe a couple of rider-swaps if we can get FPs. This is my first August trip, so I'm planning to keep park days on the "lighter" side, schedule-wise, and our YC days will be mostly just resort/pool.

I'm looking forward to going back through the pages and reading about all of your plans! :)
We usually go twice a year March and September. March we hit the parks hard because the weather is so nice. But it’s crowded as heck. September we always do half days and book a deluxe to enjoy the pool/ resort more because it’s so hot. We were booked the week Star Wars opens so we moved back into mid August this year. So being hotter than we’ve probably ever been there, definitely planning only half days and lots of pool time. It’s a good plan. My daughter is the same and loves to design the car at test track and then ducks off as we ride it. She’s 10 so just stands and waits. She doesn’t do thrill rides at all. Soarin is her max. :rotfl:

I was on MDE today attaching my flight information and wanted to just go ahead and customize my magic bands as well (since I know what color we all want). It's not giving me any options at all and just shows our activated bands from our last visit. Am I just being super anxious or should I be able to choose this far out? Thanks!

I was on MDE today attaching my flight information and wanted to just go ahead and customize my magic bands as well (since I know what color we all want). It's not giving me any options at all and just shows our activated bands from our last visit. Am I just being super anxious or should I be able to choose this far out? Thanks!

I customized ours for August a month ago. MDE is glitchy. Maybe try again later in the week?

Hi, All! Please add me to the roll call. Arriving on 8/12 and doing a split stay. 8/12-8/17 at AKL Kidani then 8/17-8/20 at Pop Century.

MDE is notoriously glitchy. Give it a day or two, and try again. Try from a different browser, or from Incognito mode. If all that fails, try giving them a call.
Can I be added to roll call as well?? Our dates at POP are 8/8 - 8/16. :thanks:

You've been added to the roll call.

We’re headed there August 10-17, staying at Pop Century again. Can’t wait!!

You've been added to Roll Call, and hello. Pretty sure I remember you from a past August thread.

Hi, All! Please add me to the roll call. Arriving on 8/12 and doing a split stay. 8/12-8/17 at AKL Kidani then 8/17-8/20 at Pop Century.

You've been added to the roll call.

My MDE had my August resort bands there, but my passholder band order disappeared. I called and they fixed it. If it doesn’t reappear for you soon, call.

Hi! Please add me to the roll call.

Me (DW), DH and DD15 - Aug 11 - 19 at the Poly. (Aug 7 - 10 at a DS hotel to visit Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Aquatica).

Thanks!

We are looking to do a dessert party during our stay. Has anyone done any? What did you think?

We are looking to do a dessert party during our stay. Has anyone done any? What did you think?

We like them all.

Epcot -- We like the food here the best. The view is great. The tables are lovely. Not needing a FP for the Frozen ride makes this perfect.

MK -- not having to fight the crowd for a spot is worth every penny. The garden view is great, the terrace view is not very good, but my family loves the tables. The food here is the worst of the 3 parties IMO

Star Wars/DHS -- the food is interesting, the cocktails are too sweet, the view is not perfect...but again, not having to fight the crowd makes up for that. The storm troopers wander during the party and that is a lot of fun. Meeting Kylo Ren is included, meeting Chewbacca during the party or just before it starts is very easy.

Once we did one, we never wanted to do the nighttime show without.

I haven't done the F! dessert party. We do the dinner package for that. Does AK have one? We're not interested in that show, so I haven't looked into that one.

Hi, we'll be at the Boardwalk from 8/9-8/12. We got a good deal on a one bedroom through Priceline so my daughter is bringing a friend for the first time.

We are planning on the Epcot dessert party so I'm patiently waiting for the dates to open. We did Hallowishes a few years ago but that was mainly for the parade viewing so I'm looking forward to another dessert party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter