*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Thank you very much! I went and reserved 1:40pm for my kids. I figure my husband and I can alternate holding a spot for the parade while the kids get a haircut in the air-conditioning!

Sweet. I made appointments for DS, DW and I for our first afternoon in MK.

Yeah we made our appointment a few months ago on the phone but now it actually shows on MDE in my plans, pretty cool.

Yup, awesome that it shows in MDE. I've always done walk in before, but being able to see the appointment in MDE means I shouldn't forget I have it, so we have appointments this year.

People have to remember too there are only 3 chairs - so anything more than that would have to be scheduled at different times too.

This makes it so much easier to change my son's appt. Had it set then found a BOG lunch for the same time so off to change things around! He just turned 9 but fights me getting his hair cut anywhere but here. I took him the other day here at home and you would think I was submitting him to torture. Back to school hair cut will be August here :)

My point, and gripe is that nowhere in the process of making the appointment online does it specify that you can only make an appointment for a maximum of 2 guests at a time. They could easily have explained that on the website. Instead, they put in a drop down box to select the number of guests, and it will allow you to select 2, or 3, or 8, then it simply doesn't work. This is lazy programming, or incompetent programming, or what ever you want to call it. There are a hand full of better ways that they could have handled this process. The web site could automatically assign subsequent time slots to guests beyond the first 2, or they could just spell out that you will only be able to make reservations for up to 2 guests at one time, and additional guests will have to be handled with additional reservations. Simply put, IT dropped the ball on this.

Please add me to the roll call for 8/7 - 8/12! :yay: My work leave was approved and yesterday I got my park ticket from Parksavers! I’ll be upgrading to an AP since I’ll be coming back for a longer trip with my gf in May. This time it will just be me staying at POFQ for the first time, and my first solo trip. I’m usually a Deluxe gal but I want to save some cash for the next round, and I’m really excited to try POFQ because it always looks so pretty when I see it on YouTube.

Please add me to the roll call for 8/7 - 8/12! :yay: My work leave was approved and yesterday I got my park ticket from Parksavers! I’ll be upgrading to an AP since I’ll be coming back for a longer trip with my gf in May. This time it will just be me staying at POFQ for the first time, and my first solo trip. I’m usually a Deluxe gal but I want to save some cash for the next round, and I’m really excited to try POFQ because it always looks so pretty when I see it on YouTube.

IMO you will not be disappointed. Loved it there.

You have been added to the Roll Call. While I have never stayed at POFQ, I have stayed at POR many times, and loved the resort.

We enjoyed our stay at FQ. We liked the size of the resort. You were close to everything no matter where you were.

We enjoyed our stay at FQ. We liked the size of the resort. You were close to everything no matter where you were.

I was debating between that and Coronado since I really like the updated rooms there, but the small size of FQ was what decided it. (That, and beignets!)

We changed our resort today from Pop Century to All Star Sports with same dates. Not my 1st choice but we were able to get free quick service dining. And with 6 of us it was a savings of $1500 even with having to buy the park hoppers. If you are a Chase disney card holder you can still get the free dining if you book by June 16th. No availability at any of the other values. You have to call and ask for it and use that card to book it.

Does anyone know if Anastasia and Drizella often ride the carousel first thing in the morning in August? I heard they do this during certain parts of the year.

We changed our resort today from Pop Century to All Star Sports with same dates. Not my 1st choice but we were able to get free quick service dining. And with 6 of us it was a savings of $1500 even with having to buy the park hoppers. If you are a Chase disney card holder you can still get the free dining if you book by June 16th. No availability at any of the other values. You have to call and ask for it and use that card to book it.

Roll Call has been updated. I NEARLY abbreviated All Star Sports the same way we abbreviate everything else. . .. and then thought better of it lol.

It is far easier for me if anyone changing their information for the Roll Call will list their dates again. Every entry is in order based on the dates you are staying, so finding someone by name is a bit cumbersome.

92 days for us! Can't wait! Purchased AP and now just waiting... we were originally set to hop on line at like 3am to wait for SGE to open on it's first day - August 29 - but now I am reading rumors that people may be lined up for days before... ugh - we aren't going to use our vacation time that way - so I'm losing hope that we will even be able to enter the land as we leave on August 31 to go home. I'm not so sure that the same reservation system that DL is using would work in WDW - but I was hoping for something. I'm losing hope for that now. Big bummer! With an 8 year old - we certainly won't be lining up days before the opening. We didn't really even care about getting on the ride - just wanted to experience the land.

My wonderful sister gave me a trip from Aug 20 - 27 at All Star Music for my birthday. It's been three years since I've been "home" and I'm very excited. I wish she could have joined me but I enjoy a solo trip too. I've never been in August so I expect the heat will be fierce! (I traditionally go in October)

All Dining reservations made and now waiting just 33 days to make FP choices!

Add me to roll call please. 7-29 thru 8- 5. First solo trip. Staying holiday inn Disney springs for budget and convenience. Have always loved crossroads and Disney springs ( aka pleasure island when I was 21). Can't wait for the sunshine ( from upstate NY it's been a very long winter and spring). First trip back to the bubble in 5 years. Not many plans set but evening extra magic in mk. Love it late night. Epcot at some point during visit. One day at typhoon lagoon. Might add on one more day for all still undecided.

My wonderful sister gave me a trip from Aug 20 - 27 at All Star Music for my birthday. It's been three years since I've been "home" and I'm very excited. I wish she could have joined me but I enjoy a solo trip too. I've never been in August so I expect the heat will be fierce! (I traditionally go in October)

How exciting! I am two weeks out from making FPs.

You have been added to the Roll Call. August is indeed hot, but I would say it is probably not as bad as you are going to expect. Protect yourself from the sun, keep well hydrated, and you will have a great time!

Add me to roll call please. 7-29 thru 8- 5. First solo trip. Staying holiday inn Disney springs for budget and convenience. Have always loved crossroads and Disney springs ( aka pleasure island when I was 21). Can't wait for the sunshine ( from upstate NY it's been a very long winter and spring). First trip back to the bubble in 5 years. Not many plans set but evening extra magic in mk. Love it late night. Epcot at some point during visit. One day at typhoon lagoon. Might add on one more day for all still undecided.

You are added to the Roll Call. My family is staying offsite as well, this will be our 4th trip staying offsite. We have found accommodations offsite that are not only less expensive, but better suited for large groups. We also are from upstate NY, and agree, not only was the winter long and cold, much of the spring was cold, and wet. The last few days are the first time I can remember more than 2 consecutive days without rain this spring.

Does anyone know if Anastasia and Drizella often ride the carousel first thing in the morning in August? I heard they do this during certain parts of the year.

I used to watch them do this in the morning during my DCP (mid-late August) and first thing in the morning during my last August trip! Of course it's never a guarantee, but I'd say you have a good chance of catching them on the carousel early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter