*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Add me to roll call. I am tacking on a stay at Caribbean Beach Aug 3-7 to a continuing education conference. Will actually arrive at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek on July 31 and will go to the parks in the evenings but officially move on property Aug 3

Anyone else patiently or not so patiently waiting for August dates to open for Frozen Ever After Dessert Party?

I've been checking first thing every morning for weeks now. It's so very annoying. I sent an email asking why they couldn't make a consistent release date and got an infuriating canned response about just calling the Disney Reservation line to make an ADR. Seriously, I'd rather be completely ignored.

I'm surprised there's no chatter about the release of August DAH dates. I've given up hope for DHS. My FP day is June 4th and I don't want to change my FP once I get them. I re-adjusted my plans to do Aug 12 DAH - AK and added more regular park ticket time to DHS. We are bummed about the reduced capacity at TOT. I moved stuff around so we could rope drop DHS to hit TOT one more day.

I'm surprised there's no chatter about the August DAH dates. I've given up hope for DHS. My FP day is June 4th and I don't want to change my FP once I get them. I re-adjusted my plans to do Aug 12 DAH - AK and added more regular park ticket time to DHS. We are bummed about the reduced capacity at TOT. I moved stuff around so we could rope drop DHS to hit TOT one more day.
I’m so sad about the DAH announcement. We get there Aug 9th so we miss MK by 1 day and from the looks of it there will be no August dates for HS. I guess I should be happy to have AK DAH but I was really hoping to do all 3!

Also, we did the Frozen Ever After dessert party last March and they didn’t release the dates until about a month out. So frustrating!! It was a fun night though.

I’m so sad about the DAH announcement. We get there Aug 9th so we miss MK by 1 day and from the looks of it there will be no August dates for HS. I guess I should be happy to have AK DAH but I was really hoping to do all 3!

Also, we did the Frozen Ever After dessert party last March and they didn’t release the dates until about a month out. So frustrating!! It was a fun night though.

Frozen is our favorite of the dessert parties. I'll drive my self crazy if I have to check for another month.

I'm surprised there's no chatter about the release of August DAH dates. I've given up hope for DHS. My FP day is June 4th and I don't want to change my FP once I get them. I re-adjusted my plans to do Aug 12 DAH - AK and added more regular park ticket time to DHS. We are bummed about the reduced capacity at TOT. I moved stuff around so we could rope drop DHS to hit TOT one more day.

I'm just annoyed by DAH. 8/8 has DAH at MK, H20 Glow at TL, and DVC MM at AK... then nothing on Aug 7th or 9th! Seriously, we'd do all 3 on separate nights but now all we're planning is the free MM.

I'm a little nervous about pre-SWGE crowds now. Just looked to add a night (Tuesday, 8/21) onto our Pop stay, and there are zero rooms available, even at rack rate. Hoping it's just that they don't want single-night reservations.

I'm reading they are all sold out right now. i see conflicting info on if they are going to adding more immediately or that they might be adding different options too. Guess it's now gonna be a wait and see since no one knows how quickly they will be back in stock.

Yeah, I decided to let my children pick one instead of surprising them and I noticed several I saw when I first logged in were not there any longer. The one I want is there and the one my daughter picked is as well. My son could probably settle on one that was there; but there was one I saw previously I felt he would like more. Hopefully they restock.

I just booked PoP for Aug 24-31!! I’m sure I’m crazy for going when Star Wars is opening, but we’ll have a blast regardless.

I’ve been in August twice before so I know what I’m getting into with the heat. Lol

There was lots of availability for my dates for standard view and standard pool view.

I'm a little nervous about pre-SWGE crowds now. Just looked to add a night (Tuesday, 8/21) onto our Pop stay, and there are zero rooms available, even at rack rate. Hoping it's just that they don't want single-night reservations.

I'm checking random dates now because things hadn't been booked out for July or August. August 7-12 has availability in all resorts except the villas in Beach Club and the villas in AKL. When I check August 21 - 25, there's availability for all the value and moderate resorts (but a lot of the deluxe resorts are booked up).

Just booked this week for a stay at the Grand Floridian from July 30th to August 7th and then I will do the 3 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy. This is my first Disney World vacation longer than three nights in ten years. I have been doing only short stays at the front of cruises out of Port Canaveral, but with the deals for Disney this summer, I decided that this would be a good time to do a longer vacation. It seems so strange in deciding my plans that I don't have to try to cram everything into three days.

2 months and one week away from trip time for me. WHOOP WHOOP! I got shipping notification that my magicbands have shipped. I guess because I upgraded from solid color ones they are coming earlier than normal. :confused3

I guess I need to narrow down if I want to keep breakfast at Chef Mickeys on Friday August 9th or not as well. That is really the only ADR I have that I am wavering on. I have that day as a possible Animal Kingdom day in case I have a better shot at getting FOP FPs and can't get them on the Tuesday before. I have a decent shot at getting them
tuesday since its our third park day but just in case, I wanted a back up plan. I can also use the friday as a partial HS day if I can't get SDD FPs on our original HS day. We do have hoppers so if need be I can start at one park and go to another to work around FPs I get for that particular day. I could also swap my Sci-Fi ADR to Friday if there are any openings or just cancel on our original HS day and make Friday the main HS day (depending on all the extra events (like after dark, extra hours, etc) that may come into play. Basically I am at a stand still until I book FPs next week.

Last edited:
Just booked this week for a stay at the Grand Floridian from July 30th to August 7th and then I will do the 3 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy. This is my first Disney World vacation longer than three nights in ten years. I have been doing only short stays at the front of cruises out of Port Canaveral, but with the deals for Disney this summer, I decided that this would be a good time to do a longer vacation. It seems so strange in deciding my plans that I don't have to try to cram everything into three days.

One day I hope to stay at the Grand Floridian. I do plan on my hubby and I going over to check it out this trip. I'm sure my desire to stay there stems from Full House when uncle Jesse sang to Aunt Beckie :rolleyes1

One week today, I can do my FPs! :tigger: Which is harder to get, FoP or Slinky Dog? I'm not sure which to try first.

One week today, I can do my FPs! :tigger: Which is harder to get, FoP or Slinky Dog? I'm not sure which to try first.
I've been reading more people are having trouble getting SDD lately. However I think it depends on which days of your trip you are making them for.

2 months and one week away from trip time for me. WHOOP WHOOP! I got shipping notification that my magicbands have shipped. I guess because I upgraded from solid color ones they are coming earlier than normal. :confused3

I'm a little concerned about our MagicBands, but I'll wait a few weeks for Disney to try to get the new stuff sorted out before I call. We originally chose solid color MagicBands, but then I upgraded our kids' bands. We got through the checkout fine and paid for them. I also got the confirmation email that they were ordered. Yet, when I log into My Disney Experience, it only shows our original selections--all solid colors. Hmmmm.

I guess I need to narrow down if I want to keep breakfast at Chef Mickeys on Friday August 9th or not as well. That is really the only ADR I have that I am wavering on. I have that day as a possible Animal Kingdom day in case I have a better shot at getting FOP FPs and can't get them on the Tuesday before. I have a decent shot at getting them
tuesday since its our third park day but just in case, I wanted a back up plan. I can also use the friday as a partial HS day if I can't get SDD FPs on our original HS day. We do have hoppers so if need be I can start at one park and go to another to work around FPs I get for that particular day. I could also swap my Sci-Fi ADR to Friday if there are any openings or just cancel on our original HS day and make Friday the main HS day (depending on all the extra events (like after dark, extra hours, etc) that may come into play. Basically I am at a stand still until I book FPs next week.

I have a couple days in the air too. I want to do AK in the beginning of our trip but I’m not sure i’ll be able to get the FOP fp that early.

I'm a little concerned about our MagicBands, but I'll wait a few weeks for Disney to try to get the new stuff sorted out before I call. We originally chose solid color MagicBands, but then I upgraded our kids' bands. We got through the checkout fine and paid for them. I also got the confirmation email that they were ordered. Yet, when I log into My Disney Experience, it only shows our original selections--all solid colors. Hmmmm.

I just got the notification that mine shipped. Hopefully I get the 2 upgraded bands. MDE isn’t working for me today to see what bands it has.

I still need to get my Artist point/Snow White ADR. I was able to get a BOG lunch. It’s not on the day I wanted but I think it should work.

I have a couple days in the air too. I want to do AK in the beginning of our trip but I’m not sure i’ll be able to get the FOP fp that early.

I just got the notification that mine shipped. Hopefully I get the 2 upgraded bands. MDE isn’t working for me today to see what bands it has.

I still need to get my Artist point/Snow White ADR. I was able to get a BOG lunch. It’s not on the day I wanted but I think it should work.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I left our final day as a freebie day so we can basically work it around whichever FP we may not get on a planed day.

Thankfully mine are showing the upgraded bands. I can't wait to see them.

Hopefully you'll scpre your Artist Point ADR. If it helps any, I know someone who just left DW this weekend and they scored one the week before they left. They had been trying since their 180 window. Which is strange because I easily got one when I made my ADRs and I was inside the 180 mark since I had to change my dates from September due to hubby's work scheduling conflict.

Same issue here. MDE shows my DD's band the one we picked but the rest solid. I also got the confirmation email with the correct ones we picked. They already shipped and are expected to arrive tomorrow so I guess I'll see then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter