*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

We will be there December 17th!! It's been a while so we are SO looking forward to it!!! (Just realized this date is for the Xmas party thread - I got confused. Sorry)

Last edited:
We will be there Dec 14th - Dec 19th!! It's been a few years since we have attended during Xmas time and we are beyond excited!! Hoping that we will just escape on Thursday, the 19th before the huge holiday crowd arrives. Any thoughts?

In honor of this milestone, let's discuss our "extras" for our upcoming trips.
It's really all extra for us! We are not regular Disney travelers by any means and the idea of Christmas at Disney alone is an extra. We have scheduled some really nice table service dinners, and really just hope to chill as much as possible and take it all in.

We are flying from Indiana and will be there from 12/20 til 1/4 and staying offsite. We are regular xmas disney guests but this year we are a little more excited as there are so many changes we havent experienced yet. First time for Toy Story Land, SWGE, Epcot Forever, Gondolas and so much more. Also, this will be our first time doing Hoop dee doo Show so were excited.

The main extra for us is going twice in one year! We are excited to be going during the Christmas season for the first time and have booked the 12/17 party. We are also going to visit other resorts for dining, which, except for Ohana, we don't do, just usually eat in the parks. Can't wait to see the resorts decorated! Also can't wait to ride the skyliner and see SWGE fully open. We got a reservation for Ogas.

When do you guys think JBJB dessert party tix will go on sale for this holiday season? Has anyone ever done before?

We have reached 150 people on the roll call!

In honor of this milestone, let's discuss our "extras" for our upcoming trips. I have a broad definition, so share whatever you are adding to this trip to make your trip extra special.
Some experiences that will be new to me:
  • day trip to Daytona Beach
  • MK 12/30 fireworks show
  • character breakfast at Topolino's Terrace
  • lunch at Space 220, if it is open by then and if I manage to get a reservation

Just booked a Holiday Sleigh Ride at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds for December 20th. So many have recommended it, and I think my mom, especially, will really enjoy it. Just wanted to mention because in early pages of this thread there was some discussion of the sleigh rides possibly not being offered this year due to moving the horses/construction.

Just booked a Holiday Sleigh Ride at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds for December 20th. So many have recommended it, and I think my mom, especially, will really enjoy it. Just wanted to mention because in early pages of this thread there was some discussion of the sleigh rides possibly not being offered this year due to moving the horses/construction.
My mom loved it! We all enjoyed it and it was well worth the cost.

Hi! Can someone help me with Christmas events at Magic Kingdom after MMVMCP ends? I was wondering about the 28th. Is there just an afternoon Christmas parade? Does it take the place of the festival of fantasy parade? Or point me to a place to find all this out?❤️

When do you guys think JBJB dessert party tix will go on sale for this holiday season? Has anyone ever done before?

We did it back in 2016 and it was really good. Hot food as well as desserts and you got to meet Santa Goofy. Good cocktails offered as well.

Will be doing it again this year.

We are booked for Dec 5-11th! We are excited to go again at Christmas (this will be our third christmas trip). We have droid depo and Oga's cantina booked and the kids are already talking about what color droid they want. We also are doing MVCP, a carriage ride and DDP. I'm anxiously awaiting whether or not they are going to extend park hours with ROR opening and pop warner being that week

A little late to the topic, but extras for us are actually more tradition things that we do over Christmas but not other trips. This includes Biergarten and candlelight processional for Christmas night, and AMC dine in for the new Star Wars movie. This year our new something extra is actually off-site. We have heard good things about Sea World for the Christmas season, so we plan on heading over to check that out.

POFQ 12/13-12/17!!
First time staying onsite, will be taking advantage of the mid day magic promotion tickets since we are not early birds
We are soooooooo excited!!

For those waiting, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party appears to be bookable now. I was able to book for 12/24.

Late to the party, playing catch up on my planning and forum posting. Husband and I will be there 12/5 - 12/9. Staying with friends in the area; we miss out on the Disney perks but we'll have more $ to spend in the parks! Have booked MVMCP on 12/5.

Our last WDW trip was thrown together at the very last minute, to say goodbye to the Osborne Lights. I keep hoping they aren't gone forever, but I also hope that about the Adventurers' Club...

I am booked Dec 21 - Jan 7...a super long tent camping adventure at Fort Wilderness!

It's more expensive than I had originally planned, but a dream come true :) Hoping to defray the costs by finding another family to share a small portion of the costs of the campsite or something.

We only have two park days planned as a family and we have decided on Dec 30 and 31 as our focus will be NYE fun and insanity.

A little late to the topic, but extras for us are actually more tradition things that we do over Christmas but not other trips. This includes Biergarten and candlelight processional for Christmas night, and AMC dine in for the new Star Wars movie. This year our new something extra is actually off-site. We have heard good things about Sea World for the Christmas season, so we plan on heading over to check that out.

Sea World for Christmas is in our plans too! Heard they offered an insanely good deal for Blue Friday last year so hoping for the same this year. I have always wanted to go and this trip seems like the best time to take a daytrip from Disney (normally so hard to do)

I am booked Dec 21 - Jan 7...a super long tent camping adventure at Fort Wilderness!

It's more expensive than I had originally planned, but a dream come true :) Hoping to defray the costs by finding another family to share a small portion of the costs of the campsite or something.

We only have two park days planned as a family and we have decided on Dec 30 and 31 as our focus will be NYE fun and insanity.

With only 2 park days, I'm just making sure you are mentally prepared: have you been into the Disney Parks on New Year's eve before? EPCOT, for example, is known to have 5 hour waits for TT on NYE. But the fireworks shows at MK and EPCOT in the past have been worth it swimming through the crowds. New Year's day is so much easier to get on rides than the day before, partiularly in the morning when everyone is still sleeping in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!