*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Well I have a decision to make 🤔 Supposed to fly out of NY early Sunday morning for Universal, which is for work. Then Wed. DH comes down and we do Disney for a couple days.

Big storm coming through the NE starting Sunday and JetBlue now has an advisory so I can change my flight for no fee. If I do I'd change to Tuesday because the weather will be even worse Monday but then I basically miss all the Universal training for work. But.......the Disney part is more important to me :love: and if I wait for my flight to be cancelled I risk not getting out on a flight Tuesday.

Pretty sure I know what I'm doing lol but still sucks to basically cancel the Universal part before I know if the flight will even cancel!

Well I have a decision to make 🤔 Supposed to fly out of NY early Sunday morning for Universal, which is for work. Then Wed. DH comes down and we do Disney for a couple days.

Big storm coming through the NE starting Sunday and JetBlue now has an advisory so I can change my flight for no fee. If I do I'd change to Tuesday because the weather will be even worse Monday but then I basically miss all the Universal training for work. But.......the Disney part is more important to me :love: and if I wait for my flight to be cancelled I risk not getting out on a flight Tuesday.

Pretty sure I know what I'm doing lol but still sucks to basically cancel the Universal part before I know if the flight will even cancel!
Can you fly out today and arrive before the storm?

We will be in Disney the 21-28. We are a party of 7. We want to see the Christmas lights at Fort Wilderness camp grounds. What is the best way for a party of 7? All are adults except 2 teenagers (adult sized) should I rent 2 golf carts? Can we do this Christmas evening? Thanks in advance for any advice

We will be in Disney the 21-28. We are a party of 7. We want to see the Christmas lights at Fort Wilderness camp grounds. What is the best way for a party of 7? All are adults except 2 teenagers (adult sized) should I rent 2 golf carts? Can we do this Christmas evening? Thanks in advance for any advice

We're doing Hoop Dee Doo on Christmas Eve and then I was planning on walking around the campground. I didn't know you could rent golf carts.

We'll be at the Beach Club tomorrow. :cheer2:
And we'll be at Gran Destino! Then Animal Kingdom later :goodvibes
Please everyone post weather reports. So difficult to get my head around Orlando and cold in the same sentence. 😉
I've been here since Sunday-it is COLD. I'm from NY and am used to cold; its freaking cold! Didn't take my sweatshirt off all day today and by about 5:30 my hands were ice; DH comes down tomorrow and he's bringing me gloves!

oh boy, I am camping at FW over Christmas. My understanding is that golf carts during Christmas week is booked far in advance. Super popular time for carts.

also, parking is super difficult this year due to construction and I hear guests with no ADRs/reservations are being turned away. Should be ok arriving by Disney transport though?

The lights look super cool and is one of the main reasons I chose to book a campsite :)

And we'll be at Gran Destino! Then Animal Kingdom later :goodvibes

I've been here since Sunday-it is COLD. I'm from NY and am used to cold; its freaking cold! Didn't take my sweatshirt off all day today and by about 5:30 my hands were ice; DH comes down tomorrow and he's bringing me gloves!
I heard it was cold this week....fortunately we arrive on Monday and the first 3 days of next week look like "normal" Florida temps of hi in the low 80's and lows in the upper 50s. I know last year at this time I had a day I had to wear gloves and head wrap!

What app or website do y'all use for long-range weather forecasts? I arrive 2 weeks from tomorrow and am ready to start stalking the weather predictions....! :flower1:

I haven't even started packing yet for this reason. Florida weather is so unpredictable! I wish I felt like I could just pack because I have three of us to pack.

I hear ya. I am packing for the worst but expecting to be in tshirts during the day and sweaters in the mornings/evenings. BUT I have also been freezing in Epcot’s World Showcase before and that is zero fun so will also bring thin hats, scarves, gloves along with packable down jackets.

Reactions: KSL
We are visiting at Christmas for the first time (bucket list for me). We will be at Pop 21-22 and AoA 22-28. We are very excited to spend Christmas at Disney. I have been stalking these threads trying to get an idea of what to pack for weather so everyone’s input has been super helpful. This place is such a wealth of information from all of you veterans! I am from the west coast and did Disneyland many times a year, so I am excited to share MK with my littlest princess this Christmas!

We are here today and the weather is beautiful in the day time. It was a little chilly this morning but at least it is sunny. :) It definitely is too cold for us to go swimming.
Hi Sue! Today was definitely better than yesterday :thumbsup2 However around 6-6:30 when we got to Epcot I was near freezing again lol! Lots of folks in hats and gloves but the next couple days are supposed to be warmer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter