*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Screenshot_20191208-101201.png

This is Saturday 6-11pm. What does a 35% chance of 0 inches of precipitation mean? Is it just gonna be misty and gross all night when the fireworks are supposed to happen?

I'm also concerned about the Tuesday forecast. "A few showers after midnight" could become "a few showers before midnight," which would mean I wasted hundreds on the Christmas Party.

View attachment 457530

This is Saturday 6-11pm. What does a 35% chance of 0 inches of precipitation mean? Is it just gonna be misty and gross all night when the fireworks are supposed to happen?

I'm also concerned about the Tuesday forecast. "A few showers after midnight" could become "a few showers before midnight," which would mean I wasted hundreds on the Christmas Party.
Ah, Saturday......of course it should rain...it always rains when we are seated outside for Candlelight Processional!

Saturday is looking much better today, but Tuesday is now looking worse. Not good. Not good at all. Now I have to keep watching the forecast every day before we leave to see if we're going to get rained out of the Christmas Parade.

Current forecast is .29 inches scattered, which is higher than the .1 inches that ruined the first party of the year on 11/8. But the majority of that rain was between 10pm and 12am, whereas Tuesday's forecast has it more spread out. So that bodes well for the fireworks if the storm tightens up and blows through between 12pm and 6pm. It will remain to be seen if the ground dries out for the parade.

Current forecast is .29 inches scattered, which is higher than the .1 inches that ruined the first party of the year on 11/8. But the majority of that rain was between 10pm and 12am, whereas Tuesday's forecast has it more spread out. So that bodes well for the fireworks if the storm tightens up and blows through between 12pm and 6pm. It will remain to be seen if the ground dries out for the parade.
Let's hope it moves through fast in a week and is gone by 7 pm! Saturday looks better now with the rain wrapping up in late morning.

I’m worried out our MVMCP on the 17th too. We’ve been to a few MNSSHP in the rain. And this is our first and probably only MVMCP, so go away rain!!! Also, with the December HS hours changed we were just able to score 2 Slinky Dog FPs!!! So if you’re going next week try now if you hadn’t been able to get one at 60 days!

Bought myself a new iPhone 11 pro and I’m excited to use it in the parks for holiday decorations and fireworks! Any advice for a novice user? Settings especially for night time photos? Sorry this post is slightly off topic!

I’m worried out our MVMCP on the 17th too. We’ve been to a few MNSSHP in the rain. And this is our first and probably only MVMCP, so go away rain!!! Also, with the December HS hours changed we were just able to score 2 Slinky Dog FPs!!! So if you’re going next week try now if you hadn’t been able to get one at 60 days!

The 11pm Parade on 11/8 was cancelled because they got .08-.1 inches of rain over the course of 10-12. While the heaviest rain is predicted for the hours of the parade and fireworks, it's only a quarter of that rate, at .02. So if the forecast holds we may still get next to nothing. I'm not confident though. That first party was awful, no visibility for the fireworks and a 100 dollar cavalcade.

I'm probably going to back to bed after I stake out a Rise Boarding Group, so no extra FPs for me. I actually haven't used my two T2 Fast Passes yet either because the rides I want to do are either Tier 1 or not FP recommended at all.

That would be so disappointing, especially if you are at WDW specifically for the party. But what can you do about the weather. Is December weather typically this gloomy?

So did anyone who was there this week (earlier in the week - Mon - Wed) feel any affect from Pop Warner crowds? How about any of you staying at Pop? This is our week next year!

So did anyone who was there this week (earlier in the week - Mon - Wed) feel any affect from Pop Warner crowds? How about any of you staying at Pop? This is our week next year!
I was there all day from Monday through Thursday. I was staying at AKL, so can't speak for the Pop. In the parks I saw no groups other than families. There were a few girls remaining behind their team with family as clearly indicated by their contortions while standing in lines.

The crowds were moderate. Extra Magic Hours were insanely crowded, I don't see the point anymore except it gives me extra time to browse the main shops.

I am very upset with Magical Express. Our October trip's experience was no better: they pack every seat on the bus and have us waiting around at other resports for people who don't show up on time. I'm really considering just using a Lyft for our return to airport trip or renting an SUV from now on. It zaps the magic right out of the trip when they treat us like cattle.

We’re arriving December 23-30, with a day at Magic Kingdom, a day at Hollywood Studios, and two at Universal. We have 8 in our group, and I’m definitely freaking out a bit. I booked it last minute just before Thanksgiving, with no real clue just how packed the parks would be. But, it was the only time other than summer that everyone’s schedules aligned. I grew up in FL, summer wasn’t happening.

I’ve got our fast passes, I’m hoping DH can get a DAS pass, to help deal with some of his anxiety/ptsd that I know the crowds will make so much worse. We have two 6am park opening days, so just hoping for the best. All the adults know we’re just going to have to have zero expectations.

Can anyone tell me what to plan for, for a 6am Magic Kingdom opening? Absolutely crazy, or quiet for a few hours?

oh, and the kids don’t know we’re going yet!

Less than 48 HOURS until we go and they are predicting major snow where we live the day before and day of our flight...SIGH. Im obsessed with watching the weather channel and on line. My last nerve is gone. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!