The 2020 Official DIS Emmy Awards: LIVE PARTY Thread!!!

A friend recommended Schitt's Creek, and I couldn't get through the first few episodes. Then my sister (who watches mostly HGTV) insisted that I plow through. I'm so glad she did, and I'm a total fan now.
It took me a couple episodes, also, I couldn't understand why people were recommending a show with such entitled characters!!

IIRC, while Black Panther was nominated for 3 Golden Globes, they didn't win any of them.

Edited because I fact checked myself! :)

Black Panther was nominated in 3 categories and did indeed lose all of them

Best Motion Picture - Drama - winner: Bohemian Rhapsody
Best Original Score - winner: Justin Hurwitz First Man
Best Original Song winner: Lady Gaga et. al. A Star is Born

Sorry, I mis-spoke. It was the SAG Awards, not Golden Globes. Only the Hollywood Foreign Press votes for the GGs, not actors & other performers. Actors & other performers get to vote for the category they are in. And all members vote for Best Picture. And if there's a lot of them, they are going to vote for their own show/movie, and of course, probably win over a show/movie that only has a cast of 5 people. I remember a whole, large group of them got up on stage to accept the Best Picture award.

You can actually see the list of the stunt ensemble for Black Panther, below. Since there are well over 30 stunt performers listed, is it any wonder that they won that category? The also got to vote for Best Picture.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/awards?ref_=tt_awd

Last edited:
Sorry, I mis-spoke. It was the SAG Awards, not Golden Globes. Only the Hollywood Foreign Press votes for the GGs, not actors & other performers.

That was what I thought which is why I was confused by your previous post! :)

Sorry, I mis-spoke. It was the SAG Awards, not Golden Globes. Only the Hollywood Foreign Press votes for the GGs, not actors & other performers. Actors & other performers get to vote for the category they are in. And all members vote for Best Picture. And if there's a lot of them, they are going to vote for their own show/movie, and of course, probably win over a show/movie that only has a cast of 5 people. I remember a whole, large group of them got up on stage to accept the Best Picture award.

You can actually see the list of the stunt ensemble for Black Panther, below. Since there are well over 30 stunt performers listed, is it any wonder that they won that category? The also got to vote for Best Picture.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/awards?ref_=tt_awd
Full membership in SAG is like 160,000. I doubt having a big cast of stunt people would sway the vote that much.

Full membership in SAG is like 160,000. I doubt having a big cast of stunt people would sway the vote that much.

We don't know how much they won by. If it was a tight race and they only won by 20 votes, it was likely the stunt people voting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!