<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Menu says: "our special blend of beef and pork served with ketchup glaze, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy etc." This sounds an awful lot like the 50s Prime Time Cafe Meatloaf recipe. Have you tried it to see if it tastes similar?
Thanks! I have not tried the one from Prime Time Cafe, but I had seen the recipe. I am curious to know if anyone has tried both and can comment.

Hi! I have been looking for the recipes for the mango-lemongrass sauce and slaw for the potstickers from Carthay Circle. I believe they're now removed from the menu, I'm so sad! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

My favorite drink at Epcot this year was "la Vie en Rose". The ingredients are supposed to be grey goose vodka, grey goose vodka orange, st Germaine and white and red cranberry juice. I made the slushie in the blender tonight and got pretty close. just wondering if someone has the recipe

Would you mind sharing what ratios you started with? I would LOVE to find the recipe or get close myself. The only thing I learned from the booth this year was to not use ice...freeze the cranberry juice in an ice cube tray.

I am looking for the sauce that goes on top of the pork chop that you purchase at the quick service in the land at Epcot. I got over a year till I go back and I am dying for it.

I am looking for the sauce that goes on top of the pork chop that you purchase at the quick service in the land at Epcot. I got over a year till I go back and I am dying for it.

I went through the master index (that is a sticky) at the top of the page and did not find it.

Hopefully someone will stop by that may have it and can share it.

Would you mind sharing what ratios you started with? I would LOVE to find the recipe or get close myself. The only thing I learned from the booth this year was to not use ice...freeze the cranberry juice in an ice cube tray.

La Vie en Rose from Epcot Flower and Garden
This may not be exact- but it tastes pretty close...

Here is what I use to make one batch
- 3oz Cranberry Juice
- 4oz St Germaine
- 1.5 oz orange vodka
- 1.5 oz vodka
- Fill blendar with ice and crush

We used regular ice cubes... it turns out really well in a Margarita machine..

I found the recipe for Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze (Yakisoba Noodles) at '‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. It was in another DIS thread altogether. I wish it was included in the index.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/noodles-lomein-at-ohana.2826986/#post-44313613

"This is from an e-mail I just received recenty:

Aloha Cousin!

It is always a pleasure to hear from one of our many extended ‘ohana! We are glad you enjoyed your recent visit to Disney’s Polynesian Resort.

Attached you will find the recipe(s) requested if available.

Please feel free to experiment. You may need to make small adjustments due to the difference in your local products and climate. We also produce items in much larger quantity than are represented by this recipe which may lead to small differences in the finished product.

Please enjoy with our compliments and Aloha!

Pineapple Teriyaki Glaze (Yakisoba Noodles)
‘Ohana
Disney’s Polynesian Resort

Yield: 1 ½ quart

Pineapple Glaze Ingredients

2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 ¾ Cup Soy Sauce
¾ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1 ¼ Tablespoon Fresh Garlic, minced
1 ¼ Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
2 ¼ Tablespoons Cornstarch
4 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice, frozen concentrate

Yakisoba Noodles
Shredded Red & Green Cabbage
Shredded Bok Choy

Method of Preparation

Dissolve all ingredients, except cornstarch and pineapple juice, in sauce pot.
Bring to a boil.
Make a slurry with the cornstarch and pineapple juice, and slowly add to boiling mixture to thicken.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain through fine mesh strainer.
Saute’ shredded red and green cabbage and bok choy in wok. Add Yakisoba noodles and Pineapple glaze and toss."
  1. Bertie131, Mar 13, 2012

I will happily add it to the index.. However, many years ago recipes were all over the place and not all were transferred to the cooking forum so they do get missed.

If you find some that you would like added to the index please post like you did and we will gladly update the index to reflect such.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I will happily add it to the index.. However, many years ago recipes were all over the place and not all were transferred to the cooking forum so they do get missed.

If you find some that you would like added to the index please post like you did and we will gladly update the index to reflect such.

Thank you!
Awesome! I wasn't sure this was still being updated, as the last time the index was edited was last year. Thanks!

It is updated whenever we get several new recipes in the exchange thread.

Sometimes certain posts in the index may not be touched because the recipe was not in that post so while it may look no updated it has been.

Sometimes we may actually forget to make notes on the index itself that we updated.

Have a great evening!

These were actually given to me on my last vacation at WDW, so they are authentic. Hopefully they will make some people very happy. :)
I hope they are the recipes wanted. Enjoy!

'OHANA
488: Spicy Sweet & Sour Peel & Eat Shrimp page 33 (The new kind, made in Wok, not grilled.)

Spicy Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Disney's Polynesian Resort 'Ohana Restaurant

Ingredients

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup sugar
½ cup pineapple juice
½ cup ketchup
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup water
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup sweet chili garlic sauce

Stir-fry shrimp:
½ cup canola oil
2 tablespoons hot chili garlic paste
2 pounds black tiger shrimp, we use 21/25 size shrimp (shell-on)
2 red bell peppers, cleaned and diced large
1 pineapple, cleaned and diced large
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 cups sweet and sour sauce (full batch)
1/3 cup watercress

Tools Needed

Large gas or propane burner-
Wok 15 inches or larger
Wok spoon
Wok spatula

Method of Preparation

1. Start making sweet and sour sauce by dissolving sugar into white vinegar. Once dissolved add pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, granulated garlic, kosher salt and black pepper to the mixture.
2. Bring mixture to a boil. In a bowl mix cornstarch and water until completely dissolved.
3. Add the cornstarch slurry slowly to the boiling mixture. Stir the mixture vigorously as you add the cornstarch mixture. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for 5 additional minutes.
4. Set sauce aside to cool and add sweet chili garlic sauce.
5. Heat wok until it becomes white hot. Add oil and hot chili.
6. As the oil starts to smoke add the shrimp. Stir-fry until shrimp turn pink and slightly brown the shells. Season with kosher salt.
7. When all shrimp are pink add peppers and pineapple. Toss and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
8. Add sweet and sour sauce and bring it to a simmer in the wok. Remove from heat and garnish with watercress.

CONTEMPO CAFÉ
2570: Black Forest Cupcake page 172

Chocolate Cupcakes
Disney's Contemporary Resort

¾ c. Butter
1 ½ c. Water
¾ c. Oil
1 c. Sugar
¼ c. Cocoa Powder
3 c. Flour
3 tbs. Baking Powder
3 tbs. Baking Soda
3 Eggs
6 tbs. Milk

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the baking soda and baking powder at different times.
Bring first three ingredients to a boil.
Add to the dry ingredients.
Add the milk.
Take temperature of the batter, it should be less than 100 degrees.
Add the eggs.

Bake at 350 *F for approx. 30 ? 35 minutes

Butter Cream for Black Forest Cupcakes
Disney's Contemporary Resort
3 c. Powdered Sugar
1 ½ c. Shortening
½ lb. Unsalted Butter
Cherry Pie Filling
Maraschino Cherries
Mini Chocolate Chips

Method of Preparation
Cream butter and powdered sugar until white and fluffy.
Add shortening and mix until fully combined.
Fill cupcakes with cherry pie filling
Ice the cupcakes with the butter cream.
Finish with a Maraschino cherry and chocolate chips.

CONTEMPO CAFÉ
2570: Pina Colada Cupcake page 172

The steps for creating Pina Colada Cupcakes (which is for 12 people) is as follows:

INGREDIENTS

Cupcakes
  • 1 2/3 cups (236g) all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup (156g) granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup canned coconut milk (strain any lumps if there are any)
  • 1/3 cup pineapple juice (from can of crushed pineapple)
  • 1/4 tsp coconut extract
  • 1 cup (176g) well drained canned crushed pineapple (you'll need the larger can, the little one doesn't have enough)
Coconut Buttercream Frosting
  • 1 cup butter (226g), softened (preferably 3/4 cup unsalted 1/4 cup salted)
  • 2 Tbsp canned coconut milk
  • 3/4 tsp coconut extract
  • 3 1/2 cups (425g) powdered sugar
  • 3/4 cup (60g) sweetened shredded coconut
  • 12 maraschino cherries and fresh pineapple wedges (optional)
DIRECTIONS

• For the cupcakes:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners, set aside. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
  • In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (preferably an attachment that constantly scrapes mixing bowl, if not stop mixer occasionally throughout entire mixing process and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl), whip together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time. In a liquid measuring cup stir together coconut milk, pineapple juice and coconut extract. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter sugar mixture and mix on low speed until nearly combined then add in 1/2 of the coconut milk mixture and mix until nearly combined, repeat process with flour and milk mixtures once more, then mix in last 1/3 of the flour mixture (again mixing only until nearly combined - there should still be some flour streaks). Fold in crushed pineapple being careful not to over-mix the batter. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups filling each nearly to the top. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean about 19 - 23 minutes. Cool in muffin tin several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool frost with coconut buttercream, sprinkle shredded coconut over top, garnish with a maraschino cherry and a small pineapple wedge if desired.
  • For the coconut buttercream:
  • In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip butter until light and fluffy. Add in coconut milk, coconut extract and 1 cup of the powdered sugar and mix until combined, then add remaining powdered sugar and whip until light and fluffy (if needed you can add in a little more coconut milk or more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency).

CHINA – Joy of Tea
1049: Strawberry Oolong Tea Slush page 70

I have this handwritten on a Lotus Blossom Cafe order form. It is no longer on the menu, but the man was helpful and remembered his recipe. He did not write directions, only ingredients. I noticed the small amount and confirmed this was ingredients per glass. As for directions, he said it depends on how you are making it. Use the instructions on your machine. If you don't have a machine, freeze.

1 oz Strawberry Juice
2 oz Oolong Tea
3 oz Soda Water

BIERGARTEN
2759: Pork Gratin page 184

Pork Shank Au Gratin

Ingredients
Pork Shanks 6 each
Vegetable Stock 1 gallon
Mashed Potatoes 1 lbs
Sauerkraut 2 lbs

Onion Rings:
Sliced Fresh Onions 1 Medium size
Flour 1 cup
Vegetable Shortening 1 cup
Milk 2 cups
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chives Freshly Chopped 1 tablespoon

Method
Cook the pork shanks in the vegetable stock until meat falls off the bone easily and skin is tender. This will take approximately 3 hours. When the shanks are ready take them out and let them cool. Reserve the cooking liquid/stock. While the shanks are cooling prepare Sauerkraut using some of the cooking liquid. Prepare Mashed Potatoes making sure they're nice and creamy. Pull the meat off the shanks and chop into bite size pieces. In an oven proof dish layer the bottom with Sauerkraut and Shank meat mix. Pipe or spoon Mashed Potatoes on top of this and finish it in the oven. Temperature should be set to about 450 degrees F to allow the potatoes to develop nice golden color.
While this is cooking prepare Onion Rings which we will use to top off this nice dish. Slice onions into 1/6th of an inch rings and soak them in milk for 5 minutes. Next dredge them in the flour, salt and pepper mix, then fry to the light golden color in the heated shortening. Once ready rest the rings on the clean paper napkin.
Carefully pull the oven proof dish out and top it off with Onion Rings and garnish with fresh chopped chives.
Enjoy.

Anyone managed to get the recipe for the braised beef at BOG? My 4 yr old ate most if my dinner he liked it that much.
Thanks

Does anyone have the recipe for the vegetable lasagna at 50's Prime Time? My daughter had it there last week and loved it.

Does anyone have the recipe for the vegetable lasagna at 50's Prime Time? My daughter had it there last week and loved it.

I'm sorry I could not find it in our index... but in doing a google search I couldn't find a recipe for it either but the menu description sounds delicious! I hope someone will stop by soon and have the recipe.. I will continue to look..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!