<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Thanks Riahsha for getting all those recipes. I requested one after my last visit to WDW in Nov. but doubt I'll get it. It's hard to get recipes these days from Guest Relations. The new "Best of Epcot Festivals" Cookbook has some good recipes though I don't have time to transcribe them. I'll post a couple that I recently made which are very good.

Kale Salad with Dried Cherries, Almonds and Goat Cheese
from Florida Fresh
Serves 6 to 8 as a side salad or four entrée salads

Kale Salad
1/2 bunch kale leaves, tough stems removed, chopped (approximately 2 cups)
6 fresh Brussels sprouts, stems removed and sliced thin lengthwise
2 cups broccoli slaw mix
1/2 cup chopped radicchio leaves
1/2 cup fine shredded green cabbage
1 cup cooked red quinoa (approximately 1/3 cup uncooked, follow package directions)
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, for garnish
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, for garnish

White Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

For Kale Salad
Mix together kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw mix, radicchio, cabbage, quinoa and dried cherries in a large bowl.

For White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Place shallots, vinegar and honey in blender or food processor. Blend on low and slowly add all of oil until blended. Season with salt and pepper.

To Serve
Toss salad with desired amount of white balsamic vinaigrette. Divide salad among plates and sprinkle with goat cheese and toasted almonds. Refrigerate any unused vinaigrette.

Tarte a L'Onion Alsacienne (Alsation Onion Tart)
Fleur de Lys Outdoor Kitchen
Serves 4

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound yellow onions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
2 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon fresh ground thyme
1 teaspoon fresh ground rosemary

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and salt, string to combine. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until onions are golden and caramelized. Set aside to cool.
3. As onions cool, roll pastry into a 12 in. square on a lightly floured surface. Brush edges lightly with water and fold edges, creating a 1 1/2 inch border. Press lightly with a fork to seal. Prick centre of dough with a fork 15 times.
4. Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake pastry for eight minutes.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add cooled onions, thyme and rosemary, stirring to combine. Carefully transfer onion-egg mixture to the centre of the par -baked pastry. Return tart to oven and bake for 15 minutes. Cool before slicing.

Note: While the Fleur de Lys Outdoor Kitchen serves individual tarts, this recipe makes a rustic, 12 inch tart that's perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. It's the ultimate French comfort food - and better the next day.

I just want to thank everyone who posted here. I also want to thank the moderator who has kept the index up to date. I have made a couple of these dishes and am planning on making more before our Disney trip.

For anyone who is heading to the world, please consider asking for recipes of your favorite dishes to add to this wonderful thread.

This recipe may have been posted - and in any case it's available in the Best of Epcot Festivals cookbook and online - however I wanted to post my feedback after making it for a party of 60 last weekend. I doubled the recipe below and will post the actual Epcot Food and Wine Festival picture of the item and my picture.

Kalua Pork Sliders with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise
Makes approximately 15 Sliders
INGREDIENTS:
Kalua Pork Ingredients:
1 (4-pound) boneless pork shoulder (also called boneless pork butt)
1 large organic banana leaf, cut in half widthwise (optional)
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Brioche Rolls Ingredients:
1/3 cup warm (110 degrees F) water
1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
3 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg white
2 tablespoons water

Pineapple Chutney Ingredients:
1 pound diced pineapple
1 large sweet yellow onion, diced
1/2 small red bell pepper, diced small
1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
1 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
Coarse salt, to taste

Spicy Mayonnaise Ingredients:
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sriracha (hot chili-garlic sauce)
2 teaspoons white vinegar
Coarse salt, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:
For kalua pork:
1. Cut pork into 2 pieces; season with salt and pepper and wrap each piece in a banana leaf half.
2. Place pork in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on the lowest setting for 8 to 10 hours, until meat shreds easily with a fork.
3. Remove meat from slow cooker, reserving drippings. Discard banana leaves, if using. Shred meat, adding drippings as needed to moisten.

For brioche rolls:
1. Combine water and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Stir to dissolve yeast; set aside for 5 minutes, until mixture begins to bubble slightly. Add egg yolks, eggs, pineapple, and sugar. Add 3 1/2 cups flour, and knead with dough hook until a dough forms; add butter, kneading until dough is combined. Add remaining 1 cup flour, a bit at a time, until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. You may not use all remaining flour.
2. With lightly floured hands, pull dough into pieces slightly larger than a golf ball. Roll into smooth balls, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with a clean kitchen towel; set aside in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together egg white and 2 tablespoons water. Brush on tops of rolls. Bake until deep golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.

For pineapple chutney:
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low, and simmer until pineapple starts falling apart and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

For spicy mayonnaise:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until combined.

To serve:
Cut brioche rolls in half. Place warm pulled pork on the bottom on the roll. Place the Dole pineapple chutney on top. Drizzle the spicy mayo over the chutney. Top with the second half of the brioche roll.

600-IMG_4692.jpg

From the Food and Wine Festival

V33AxKd.jpg

qkxXGXi.jpg

Mine

The first problem was trying to get the yeast rolls to "double" in size in an hour. Despite it being May, and having them in a sunny window - it must have been too cold in the Pacific Northwest. My sister - who is a professional baker - set the rolls over simmering water and only then did they start to rise. I don't think they ever doubled in size but she said yeast bread rarely does. In any case, I felt the texture of the brioche rolls was a little too dense and not light enough - though I haven't tried the ones at Epcot - so can't compare. They were very tasty, however. Be careful not to overbake. 25 min. was too long in our oven. Doubling the recipe and making sure they were golf ball size when rolled - gave me about 53.

There was FAR too much pork shoulder - even after I had cut off a lot of the fat (which I did before slow cooking). 4 pounds was enough for about 28 of the rolls and since I had 8 pounds - I STILL have pork left over days later. I wrapped it in parchment as had no time to go looking for banana leaves. I also salted and peppered the meat after cooking (as well as before) as it's quite flavourless otherwise. I also had far too much chutney and mayo left over and I didn't skimp when filling the rolls. I didn't like the chutney on it's own but it worked very well in the rolls. All in all, this dish tastes good and guests liked it but it's a lot of work to put together and it wasn't as popular as the Tamarind chicken wings I made from the Food Network. It's unlikely I'd do it again.

According to this http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=2857520 the waitress at the Ohana said it was POG juice. That makes sense as they use it in so many cocktail recipes there.
The original POG juice (which is supposedly used in the cocktails) comes from Hawaii and is hard to find in the mainland but you can try:

Minute Maid Orange Passionfruit Guava

I haven't read forward to know if this has been addressed further. Please forgive me is this is duplicate information.

Amazon sells POG.

Read the descriptions carefully before ordering! Some POGs (passionfruit, orange juice, guava) are mostly sugar water with fruit flavoring; some are 100% juice/nectar.

Be Our Guest Restaurant Braised Pork

For Braised Pork
Boston Pork Butt 6-8 lbs.
Carrots 8 ounces
Celery 8 ounces
Onion 8 ounces
Dry White Wine 5 Cups
Thyme, fresh 5-6 sprigs
Salt/Pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut pork butt into 3 equal pieces, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Cut all of your vegetables into a large dice. Layer theses vegetables onto the bottom of your roasting pan. Place your pork on top of that and cover with wine and thyme.
4. Braise pork for 2 hours. Using tongs turn pork over and continue braising until meat is very tender, about 45 minutes longer if needed. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to platter. Pork should be tender enough to pull apart with a fork. Feel free to continue cooking longer if necessary.
5. Strain any fat off of your remaining liquid. Set aside.

For Sauce
Cabernet Sauvignon 2 cups
Bacon, raw Large dice 1/2 cup
Mushroom, cut into quarters 1 cup
Carrot, Large dice 1 each
Onion, Spanish large dice 1/2 cup
Braising Liquid 2 cups
Salt/Pepper To taste

1. Heat a sauté pan, and slowly render the bacon until it becomes crispy, remove and set aside.
2. Using the left over bacon fat, sauté the onions, carrots and mushrooms until they are soft.
3. Add the red wine and reduce by half.
4. Add the remaining braising liquid. If your remaining liquid doesn’t equal 4 cups, compensate for the remaining amount with beef broth. Bring this to a boil. Reduce heat.
5. Continue to simmer until liquid becomes thick. Season with salt and pepper.

Mashed Potatoes
Yukon gold potatoes, ¼’d 2 lbs.
Heavy cream 1 cup
Butter 2 Tbsp.
Salt/Pepper to taste

1. Combine potatoes with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch in a large saucepan.
2. Drain potatoes and return to pan over very low heat; add cream and butter, and mash. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.

For Green Bean Jardinière
Green Beans 1#
Onions, Spanish 12 oz
Peppers, Red 12 oz
Olive Oil 2 T
Salt/ Pepper to taste

1. Julienne all of the red peppers and Spanish onions.
2. In a sauté pan, heat oil on medium. Add onion and peppers. Sauté until vegetables are softened. Add Green beans and continue to cook until they are heated all of the way through. Season with salt and pepper.

To plate your dish:
Place a scoop of the mashed potatoes in your desired bowl. Spoon a hearty portion of your beautifully braised pork on top of that. Place the green bean jardinière to the side of that. Ladle some of your sauce over the top of the pork. Enjoy.

This is my first post to this thread, although I have been reading recipes here for 2 years or so. I am a HUGE Epcot Food and Wine Festival Fan and have been almost every year since 1998. I have been working on collecting recipes for every dish served since the festival opened in 1996. As I find recipes I will post those that are not already on this site. I apologize in advance if I duplicate any. Also, If anyone has a complete listing of Kiosks and menus from 1996 - 1999 that would be helpful.

Disney recently posted this recipe to celebrate the release of the 2017 Food and Wine Festival Cookbook which features recipes from both the Epcot and California Adventure Food Festivals

Spicy Ethiopian and Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa
Africa 2017
Yield : 4 Servings

Description: Generously seasoned, this flavorful, vegetarian version of a hearty African stew gets even more protein from quinoa and yogurt toppings . You can toast the naan for chips, but the pillowy flatbread is just as delicious simply served warm on the side for sopping up the stew.

Ingredients:
ETHIOPIAN STEW
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 medium yellow onions, julienned
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups vegetable stock
2 cups red lentils, rinsed
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 cup parsley. chopped

VEGAN 'SOUR CREAM'
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
4 tablespoons lemon juice

GARNISH
1 cup cooked quinoa

Method:
For Ethiopian Stew
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 8 minutes, until onions are tender.
2. Increase heat to high. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
3. Stir in lentils, chili powder, paprika , salt, coriander, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and cayenne pepper.
4. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 30 minutes, unlit lentils ore soft and slew is thickened. Stir in parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Keep worm until ready to serve

To Serve.
1. Place stew in 4 bowls Top each bowl with quinoa and 1 tablespoon of vegan sour cream

I spent two lovely weeks on the Disney Magic (Mediterranean) as their Destination speaker and got a few recipes. The food was very good overall, but not so as I felt compelled to get the recipes. Plus it means additional work the the waiters to do this for you. Palo WILL print out recipes for you at once - their service is amazing - but I only ate there once. This was one of my faves.

Ginger-Teriyaki dusted Angus Beef Tenderloin on Wasabi Mashed Potatoes with Tamarind- Barbecue Reduction.

Animators Palate, Disney Magic, DCL
10 servings
c485fb7e-f171-4678-9015-6a66d0d353f519.jpg

animators-palate-review-beef-tenderloin.jpg

Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
2 pounds peeled potatoes, combi steamed
3 ounces butter, 3/4 inches cubed
300 ml sour cream
200 ml heavy cream
½ tablespoon Wasabi

Combi steam the peeled potatoes. Once cooked, let stand and drain for five minutes. Place in a mixing bowl and add the heavy cream, sour cream, butter, and season with salt and ground white pepper. Gently mix together. Dissolve wasabi in cold water and add to taste.

Tamarind Barbecue Reduction
1 carrot, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
4 shallots, finely diced
1 leek, finely diced
600 ml cooking red wine
70 ml BBQ Sauce
1 tablespoon Tamarind Paste
1 liter Veal Jus
Sauté the carrots, celery, shallots and leeks in vegetable oil. As soon as the vegetables take on color , add the red wine and reduce right down. Add the veal jus and reduce by one third; add the tamarind and barbecue sauce to taste and thicken, if required, with cornstarch.

Vegetables
1 Bok Choy
15 baby carrots with stem
4 oz butter
Blanche the sliced bok choy in salted water and shock on seasoned ice water. For service, sauté in butter and season with salt and ground black pepper. Before assembly, reheat the baby carrots and seasoned, buttered boiling water and plate as per picture.

Beef Tenderloin
10 - 8 ounce beef tenderloin’s
2 tablespoons teriyaki seasoning
Sprinkle the beef tenderloin with the teriyaki seasoning then sear to the requested temperature.

Garnish
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
10 thyme sprigs

Assembly
The Tamarind BBQ reduction is the bottom layer, topped by the mashed potatoes, and the beef tenderloin. Top with the carrots and bok choy as pictured. Mix the sesame seeds together and sprinkle over the plated bok choy and carrots. Garnish with thyme sprig.

Salted Stitch

Lumiere, DCL

6 oz. coconut cream
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Hawaiian Salted Caramel syrup (Davinici)
1 oz. lime cordial

Blend with some ice.

Two Seasons

DCL
Fill tall glass with Ice. Pour in 1 oz light rum. Add 3 oz Passion Juice. Stir. Float 7 up on top and then top with 2 TBSP blue curaceau. Stir again.

Godiva Chocolate Martini
Fathoms, DCL Magic

1 oz. Absolut Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. Godiva Chocolate Liquer
.5 oz White Crème de Cacao
.5 oz Frangelico

Shake with Ice and serve in a martini glass coated with chocolate swirl.

Pumpkin Recipes for Halloween Season

PumpkinCupcakes-600x338.jpg

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Contempo Café at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Makes 24 standard size cupcakes

Pumpkin Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Cream Cheese Filling
2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cinnamon Buttercream Icing
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups cream cheese
4 cups confectioners sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Pumpkin Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners; set aside. Cream sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer at medium-high speed, about four minutes. Meanwhile, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Set aside. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each one to fully incorporate after each addition,, scraping sides of bowl after each addition. Add pumpkin purée and vanilla extract, mixing until combined, about one minute. Add flour mixture in two additions on low speed. Turn mixer to medium speed; mix two minutes until completely combined.
Pour batter into lined muffin pan, filling wells 3/4 full. Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed. Allow to cool completely before frosting.

Cream Cheese Filling
Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer; add confectioners sugar in four additions. Beat on medium-high speed about 5 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon, mixing to combine, about 1 minute. Put into a piping bag or a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut off tip of bag and set aside.

Assembly
Remove the center core of each cupcake by cutting into the center of the cupcake with a small serrated knife, 1/4 inch from the edge, at a 45° angle. Cut about 1/3 of the way through cupcake, being careful not to cut all the way to the bottom. Gently move the knife in a circle, creating a cone shaped piece. Gently remove the centre from cupcake and reserve. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
Put cream cheese filling into a piping bag, and cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze filling into the hollow centers of cupcakes. Place centers on cupcake, upside down, so the flat side is touching the filling. Pipe Cinnamon Buttercream Icing on to cupcakes, fully covering cones.

Chef's Notes: Mellowcream sugar pumpkins work great as a cupcake topper. A pumpkin topper can also be crafted by rolling a small ball of orange fondant, marking it with vertical lines using a wooden skewer and inserting a single whole cloves for the pumpkin "stem".

Pumpkin Bars

Cape May Café, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, WDW
Makes one 9" x 13" baking dish

Crust
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (1/2 of a 14 ounce box)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar

Pumpkin Filling
2 large eggs
1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1/4 teaspoon salt

For Crust
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Pulse graham crackers in blender until finely chopped crumbs. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar in medium bowl until completely combined.
3. Firmly press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes.

For Pie Filling
Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk eggs, pumpkin purée, and evaporated milk together in large bowl. Mix remaining dry ingredients together in small bowl, making sure to break up any lumps in the spices. Add dry sugar mixture to pumpkin mixture and whisk to combine. Pour filling into baked graham cracker crust, tilting the pan slightly to evenly distribute over the crust. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is set when you gently shake the pan. Let cool completely before cutting into bars, preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
Chef's Notes: for ease of removing the bars from the pan, line the bottom of the baking dish with parchment paper that comes up to 1 to 2 inches on two sides so you can lift it out once it is cool. Spray the baking dish with cooking spray so the parchment paper will stick, then lightly spray the parchment paper.

PumpkinBars.jpg

Pumpkin-Cranberry Scones

Garden View Lounge, Gramd Floridian Resort, WDW
Makes 15 scones

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, cubed
1/4 cup all-purpose shortening
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water to create an egg wash

Maple Pastry Cream
1 cup milk
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon maple extract
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon butter

For Pumpkin-Cranberry Scones
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in standing mixing bowl with paddle adjustment.
3. Add cubed butter, shortening, and pumpkin purée; mix on low speed until texture is coarse.
4. Add milk and dried cranberries; mix on low speed until combined.
5. Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness.
6. Using 2 inch round cutter, cut out rounds and place rounds on baking sheet. Egg wash each round using pastry brush. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.

For Maple Pastry Cream
1. Combine milk, maple syrup, maple extract in medium pot; heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
2. Whisk together egg yolks and cornstarch in small bowl.
3. Temper 1/4 cup of hot milk slowly into the egg mixture while whisking.
4. Slowly pour tempered egg mixture into remaining hot milk mixture, bring just to a boil, whisking constantly.
5. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour into a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap making sure the wrap is in direct contact with the surface of the cream. Refrigerate until cream sets.
Serve Pumpkin- Cranberry scones with Maple Pastry Cream on the side.

Pumpkin Soup

Sunshine Seasons, Epcot
Serves 6-8

2 TBSP olive oil
1 small white onion, diced
1 cup diced butternut squash (skin and seeds removed)
3 cups canned pumpkin (approximately 1 ½ - 15 ounce can)
1 TBSP honey
2 cups water
¼ cup apple juice concentrate
2 tsp vegetable bouillon
1 tsp. coarse salt
½ tsp. white pepper
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 cup heavy cream

Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and butternut squash and saute for 8-10 minutes until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 30 – 45 minutes until completely cooked and tender. Stir occasionally. Trasnfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Garnish with salted pumpkin seeds.

PumpkinProfiteroles.jpg

Pumpkin-filled Profiteroles with Warm Cranberry-Blueberry Sauce
Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian, WDW
Serves 6

Cream Puff Filling
1 egg
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/3cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoons butter
1 - 15 ounce can puree Pumpkin
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Profiteroles
1 stick butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup high gluten flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Cranberry-Blueberry Sauce
2 cups fresh cranberries
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
4 cups fresh raspberries
1 (16 ounce ) jar raspberry jam
2 cups fresh blueberries

For cream puff filling: whisk egg, egg yolks and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside. Combine milk, sugar and vanilla in medium saucepan. Cover over medium heat for 6 minutes until hot. Slowly pour 1/3 of the hot milk mixture into egg mixture while whisking constantly. Slowly pour egg mixture back into remaining hot milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Cool for 30 minutes, until room temperature. Stir pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl until combined. Gently fold into cooled milk mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.

For Profiteroles: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silica and baking mats. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add milk and water and bring to a boil. Sift both flours and salt together. Add to milk mixture and stir until smooth.

Poor profiterole dough into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until there is no steam. Reduce speed to low and add eggs slowly, one at a time. Pour into a piping bag with a round opening. Pipe into 1 1/2- inch circles. Bake for 15 minutes, until browned. Cool for 30 minutes. Place cream puff filling in piping bag fitted with a 1/4-inch round tip. Fill each profiterole with cream puff filling. Dust with powdered sugar.

For Cranberry-Blueberry Sauce
Place cranberries, water and sugar in medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until cranberries begin to burst remove from heat. Drain water.

Purée raspberries in blender. Run through sieve to remove seeds. Stir pureed raspberries and raspberry jam until combined. Pour into medium saucepan. Add blueberries and cook over medium heat until warm. Gently fold in cranberries. Keep warm until ready to serve.

To serve: Place 3 profiteroles in the bottom of the bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of cranberry blueberry sauce on top of profiteroles and top with one more profiterole. Repeat with remaining profiteroles.

KonaCafe_PumpkinPancakes_101017AD.jpg

Pumpkin Pancakes
Kona Café, Polynesian Village, WDW
Makes 10- 4 inch pancakes

1 cup whole milk
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Combine milk, egg, melted butter, pumpkin and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves in a medium bowl. Fold wet ingredients into flour mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Add 1/4 cup scoops of pancake batter onto the griddle. Cook for three minutes on each side, until golden brown.

Wow, this thread, along with the index, is ah-MAZ-ing!!! I’ve been skimming both for hours!

That said, I’ve always loved the Sanaa Bread Service. With the plain and flavored varieties of naan combined with all the accompaniments, well let’s just say that it can be a meal all by itself!!

I would LOVE to have the recipes for the tamarind chutney, the coriander chutney, the mango chutney, the tomato date jam, and the garlic pickle! Does anyone have a resource for these? They’re extra-special favorites of ours.

I am sure everyone has this but...

Cheddar Cheese Soup
Canada Land, Epcot
Makes 1 Gallon

Ingredients:
1 lb Chedder Cheese
½ ib Bacon
5 ounces Butter
5 cups Milk warmed
1 cup Celery diced
1/16 cup Leeks diced
1 cup Red Onion diced
¾ Cup Flour
1 Quart Chicken Stock
1 ½ tsp Tabasco
3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ ounce Ale
Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions:
Slowly Heat Milk
Brown and render bacon
Add butter and melt
Add celery, onion and leeks and cook till translucent
add flour and mix into a roux
add chicken stock and simmer for three minutes
Add warm milk and stir vigorously to thicken
Reduce to low and add cheese and melt
Season with salt, pepper, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce
Just before serving add warm ale

We love to make this soup at home. It takes a little while to make but so good!

Hi, this quote is from Feb 24, 2018, but the first page says "Index is current with page and post numbers as of 9/17/2015!"

ETA: that was posted when we updated the format of the index in 2015.

There are times that I forget to update the OP the date the index has been updated.however it is noted in the thread itself.. It is current as of FEB 24, 2018... It is current.

I have noted on the OP of this thread to reflect the fact that I have it updated as of 2/24/18.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!