The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Thank you. My sister wanted to go see the ship in Saguenay, I don't know if she did or if she will go tonight...

There will be activities and fireworks tonight they say. :)

Quebec City is also organizing something and I have a feeling there will be A LOT of people there.

To the people who will be sailing on this week's cruise departing from Quebec later this week:

I cannot stress this enough: weather in Baie-Comeau, Saguenay and Quebec City can go from very cold to hot from one day to another (and even sometimes in the same day). Make sure you bring sweaters, hats, scarfs, wind breakers and gloves just in case!

We packed a variety of clothes for warm or chilly weather...can't wait!!! Thanks for the report.

MJ

Saguenay’s hospitality was outstanding! What a lovely area! (A beautiful place with warm, welcoming citizens.) This evening’s fireworks display from Petit Saguenay was a delight.
Yes! I was in Palo when they launched the fireworks. So beautiful!

They served us slices of blueberry pie as we got off the ship!

Wow. That's great. I did not know they were going to do that.

Ahhhh yayyyy! Blueberry pie is the best! :)

I think Saguenay would love to have more Disney Ships. ;)

Last edited:
For those who rely on a scooter to get around there was a problem in Saguenay. There were two ways to get off the ship; Deck 3 and Deck 1. The announcement said that Deck 3 was handicapped accessible - it wasn't. There was a step up to the gangplank, and at the land end there were 3 steps down. Trying the alternative, Deck 1, the ramp there was so steep a scooter couldn't go through. This was brought to the attention of guest relations and hopefully they will have a better solution for the next time they stop there.

For those who rely on a scooter to get around there was a problem in Saguenay. There were two ways to get off the ship; Deck 3 and Deck 1. The announcement said that Deck 3 was handicapped accessible - it wasn't. There was a step up to the gangplank, and at the land end there were 3 steps down. Trying the alternative, Deck 1, the ramp there was so steep a scooter couldn't go through. This was brought to the attention of guest relations and hopefully they will have a better solution for the next time they stop there.

The tidal shift on the St. Lawrence is an issue, but is also needs to be addressed!

Can you describe the problem?

The flow of water in the Saint Lawrence, creates tidal change even further upriver than Quebec City. So, when people are boarding or disembarking from the ship, you have to take that shift into account. @OKW Lover stated that the ramp was too steep for the scooter. That implies that the tide was high then, and so the ship was sitting higher than they had anticipated. But, this is a known issue, and Disney needs to find a workable solution for this. I don't think it's appropriate for someone who's in a wheelchair or scooter, to not be able to go ashore because there's not an appropriate way to disembark.

The festivities and fireworks organized by Quebec City were a magnifique welcome to their city and celebratory finale to the vacation. My experience with everyone I encountered in the province of Quebec were all so generous and welcoming to us.

The festivities and fireworks organized by Quebec City were a magnifique welcome to their city and celebratory finale to the vacation. My experience with everyone I encountered in the province of Quebec were all so generous and welcoming to us.

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm very happy. :)

Thank you to all who contributed to this post! A BIG thank you to Mevelandry for all your comments! My youngest daughter and I came two days early to Quebec and have loved it thoroughly! She’s 8 and asked if we could move here! I, too, adore Quebec and would probably brave a winter just to immerse myself in the language and culture! Quebecians are so patient to let me practice my French. The food has been fun to try and the history rich! Loved the walking tour of Quebec to get our bearings. Ate at Cochon Dingue twice just for ease as service and atmosphere were so nice. (Ate downstairs, not upstairs if that matters). And, I learned how to properly pronounce so many places! I was so off on Saguenay! Even the taxi drivers are up for some French lessons!

Seeing the ship in port from so many different spots around the city has been so fun! And we even got to see the fireworks from our hotel! What a cruise vacation this has been so far and we haven’t even stepped on board! I’m not sure why this isn’t a more popular itinerary!

To those who live here, thank you for sharing your beautiful country with us!

And, now, Bon Voyage to those of us boarding!

Disembarkation was simple. Exit ship, pick up bag, and walk out of the terminal. No passport control was setup. There’s a bag check available to leave your luggage until 5pm if you have later travel booked. Leaving the terminal without pre booked travel was another story. Long lines and waits for taxis. Uber surcharges over 3x the normal amount.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter