*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

We are doing 2 full days at HS and possible one split day between HS and EPCOT on our last day. Of course we will do TSL but there is still so much more to do and see. Were doing the 90 day past passes so getting on Slinky Dog, TSM and Alien Swirling Saucers shouldn't be a problem. Plus I have to eat at Sci-Fi and Prime Time. I need 2 days for that alone :)

Nice to see a fellow HS fan! :D

Add us to the HS fan club! I realized after our last trip that it is my number 2 park after MK (and that is after two trips with only 4/5 rides). We always have so much fun! I think we will spend 1.5 days there (out of 5) and will be attempting to attend the DVC Moonlight Magic event there as well. We haven't tried Prime Time, so maybe that will make the list this time.

Add us to the HS fan club! I realized after our last trip that it is my number 2 park after MK (and that is after two trips with only 4/5 rides). We always have so much fun! I think we will spend 1.5 days there (out of 5) and will be attempting to attend the DVC Moonlight Magic event there as well. We haven't tried Prime Time, so maybe that will make the list this time.
I have always loved HS. Am I disappointed in the closed attractions? Yes. Am I excited for what’s to come? Absolutely! Even in the shape it’s in, there is still so much to do. TSL will just add to a fun park. Once SW:GE opens, it may be the busiest park on property.

Yes. I want to see TS Land, but we'll be sans kids, so I don't feel like I HAVE to stand in line forever to ride Slinky or anything else.

Im just grateful we’ll be able to get the 60 day fastpasses advantage-I was scared it’d be late summer and they wouldn’t announce it til after my 60 day window had opened

Hello gang - I'm a seasoned WDW traveler but this trip will be much different, the Hubs and I will be traveling with extended family who haven't been in 20+ yrs.. His Aunt & Uncle, Cousin 1 - her hubby - her 2.5 yrs old, and Cousin 2 - her hubby - her twin 2.5 yr olds. Maybe Hubs Sister, BIL, Niece age10, Niece age 2 and single Brother.. We are staying at the Pop (I have booked, Aunt is booked and both cousins are booked) plan on doing the Quick service plan. I got 8 day hoppers so at nighttime we could go enjoy the food and wine festival while all the littles are in bed!) everyone else got 5 day hoppers. We are staying 9/15 - 9/22.

I am trying to get the maybe's to commit by 3/15 for booking ADR's.. which seems daunting to me.. we have to have our MDE linked correct in order to book for everyone - or do I just add them to my friends list?
I think we will book Ohana for arrival night dinner then do 1 or 2 character meals (thinking Tusker House and Chef Mickey - but this on is up in the air, I'd rather do Crystal Palace but .. ) if they can't commit should I make the ressies for 16 vs. 11..

Thanks Michelle

Hello gang - I'm a seasoned WDW traveler but this trip will be much different, the Hubs and I will be traveling with extended family who haven't been in 20+ yrs.. His Aunt & Uncle, Cousin 1 - her hubby - her 2.5 yrs old, and Cousin 2 - her hubby - her twin 2.5 yr olds. Maybe Hubs Sister, BIL, Niece age10, Niece age 2 and single Brother.. We are staying at the Pop (I have booked, Aunt is booked and both cousins are booked) plan on doing the Quick service plan. I got 8 day hoppers so at nighttime we could go enjoy the food and wine festival while all the littles are in bed!) everyone else got 5 day hoppers. We are staying 9/15 - 9/22.

I am trying to get the maybe's to commit by 3/15 for booking ADR's.. which seems daunting to me.. we have to have our MDE linked correct in order to book for everyone - or do I just add them to my friends list?
I think we will book Ohana for arrival night dinner then do 1 or 2 character meals (thinking Tusker House and Chef Mickey - but this on is up in the air, I'd rather do Crystal Palace but .. ) if they can't commit should I make the ressies for 16 vs. 11..

Thanks Michelle
I'd book for the whole party. You can always drop people and make your party smaller. To add people is based on availability.

I'd book for the whole party. You can always drop people and make your party smaller. To add people is based on availability.

HI Thank you @0sw@ld that is what I thought I should do as well.. do you know if I just add them all as friends on MDE or should we have our accounts linked ?

Thanks Michelle

I agree with @0sw@ld. You can either link accounts or just create "dummy" accounts for them in your Friends and Family list.

HI Thank you @0sw@ld that is what I thought I should do as well.. do you know if I just add them all as friends on MDE or should we have our accounts linked ?

You can book dining and not put any specific guests in, just book for X number of people at the available/desired times. Later, once your fellow travelers are committed, you can go through linking accounts and adding their specifics to your reservation.

Were doing the 90 day past passes so getting on Slinky Dog, TSM and Alien Swirling Saucers shouldn't be a problem

90 day FP?! What, what?? Do tell!

I fear the TSL FP+ system will be like Animal kingdom where you can get one pass for an attraction in TSL per day, good thing y’all have 3 days planed!

For $50 plus tax per Guest per day, Guests staying in eligible rooms who have purchased a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a Theme Park Extra to receive the following:

• 3 additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions and arrival windows are limited. 3-day minimum purchase required.
  • Ability to reserve these 3 additional FastPass+ selections in more than 1 theme park when a valid Park Hopper option is purchased with the ticket.
  • A booking window of up to 90 days in advance for these 3 additional FastPass+ selections and the ability to book them at multiple top-tier attractions. Guests may not repeat the same FastPass+ attraction in the same day.
  • 1 preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars per day. Availability of each nighttime spectacular preferred viewing location is limited.

I fear the TSL FP+ system will be like Animal kingdom where you can get one pass for an attraction in TSL per day, good thing y’all have 3 days planed!

For $50 plus tax per Guest per day, Guests staying in eligible rooms who have purchased a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a Theme Park Extra to receive the following:

• 3 additional FastPass+ selections per day. FastPass+ attractions and arrival windows are limited. 3-day minimum purchase required.
  • Ability to reserve these 3 additional FastPass+ selections in more than 1 theme park when a valid Park Hopper option is purchased with the ticket.
  • A booking window of up to 90 days in advance for these 3 additional FastPass+ selections and the ability to book them at multiple top-tier attractions. Guests may not repeat the same FastPass+ attraction in the same day.
  • 1 preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars per day. Availability of each nighttime spectacular preferred viewing location is limited.

Eligible rooms are club level rooms.

I just booked our flight!! I'm getting a promotion at work, which means we're moving back to the city where we had lived for 15 years. This also means we're going to be very close to a cheaper airport, so I got a great deal!

Our flight is at 5:30 in the morning, so it's going to be a very early day for us...but that just means more time at WDW!​

giphy.gif

I just booked our flight!! I'm getting a promotion at work, which means we're moving back to the city where we had lived for 15 years. This also means we're going to be very close to a cheaper airport, so I got a great deal!

Our flight is at 5:30 in the morning, so it's going to be a very early day for us...but that just means more time at WDW

Yay!! Thats awesome! Totally with you—our flight out is at 6:15. Early but more WDW time! Amazing how I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed that early when I’m going to Disney, as opposed to my usual zombie self at that hour.​

Our flight is at 5:30 in the morning, so it's going to be a very early day for us...but that just means more time at WDW!​

giphy.gif

Yay!! Thats awesome! Totally with you—our flight out is at 6:15. Early but more WDW time! Amazing how I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed that early when I’m going to Disney, as opposed to my usual zombie self at that hour.​

So exciting to hear about the little steps towards the Sept trips! We just bought our tickets, too. I don't usually commit to flights this early, but the prices were pretty good and we wanted to use points for one ticket. Our flight to MCO is at 7 AM and now I feel like that is so late :) I am a bit bummed that the latest flight out of Orlando was at 2, so we won't really have much time on the last day. Now to avoid checking to see if they add flights or prices drop significantly. I wish airfare pricing was a bit more predictable.

So exciting to hear about the little steps towards the Sept trips! We just bought our tickets, too. I don't usually commit to flights this early, but the prices were pretty good and we wanted to use points for one ticket. Our flight to MCO is at 7 AM and now I feel like that is so late :) I am a bit bummed that the latest flight out of Orlando was at 2, so we won't really have much time on the last day. Now to avoid checking to see if they add flights or prices drop significantly. I wish airfare pricing was a bit more predictable.

Yep, not checking any more. Only sadness lies that way!! :)

Wow! That’s totally worth the cost! Thanks for the info!

We always arrive early. We drive 7 long hours but leave between 2 and 3am. Ask for early check-in. They will tell you it's not guaranteed but you will usually get it. This past September we got the text around 8:00 am that our room was ready so when we arrived we were able to go straight to our room.

Ask for early check-in. They will tell you it's not guaranteed but you will usually get it.

Oh, we always request early check-in. But we also plan to wander around AKL or head over to HS once we get there, so it’s no big deal if our room isn’t ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!