*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Ok so I am torn - any input would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I am booked to do a split stay with DH Sept 8-14 Pop 3 nights, BCV 3 nights. I haven't booked airfare yet as it is still high for what I usually pay. JetBlue just emailed out a deal for booking flights and hotel packages at up to 30% off. So i did some playing around and for same dates WITH airfare I can stay at the Dolphin for all 6 nights for about $200 less than what I have booked now (estimating the pricing for airfare at the current price) Granted any savings are great BUT if the airfare goes down at all the savings is less. I factored in the $189 in resort fees and $100 for Ubers to/from MCO to my total as well already (for Dolphin) What would you do? part of me likes not having to change hotels midway and would love being in walking distance to Epcot the entire trip - but if it comes down to an almost even price what would you pick? I just want some additional opinions to see if I am forgetting anything that may factor in as well.

THANKS!

Peronally, I would switch to the Dolphin. I don't like switching hotels and I would like to have any extra money in my pocket if possible. However, would the pool be an issue? Did you plan on using Stormalong Bay at all?

Walking to a park is a big deal to me, too, but I will say POP is always my value of choice thanks to the stellar bus service.

It's a tough choice.

Currently I am booked to do a split stay with DH Sept 8-14 Pop 3 nights, BCV 3 nights. I haven't booked airfare yet as it is still high for what I usually pay. JetBlue just emailed out a deal for booking flights and hotel packages at up to 30% off. So i did some playing around and for same dates WITH airfare I can stay at the Dolphin for all 6 nights for about $200 less than what I have booked now (estimating the pricing for airfare at the current price) Granted any savings are great BUT if the airfare goes down at all the savings is less. I factored in the $189 in resort fees and $100 for Ubers to/from MCO to my total as well already (for Dolphin) What would you do? part of me likes not having to change hotels midway and would love being in walking distance to Epcot the entire trip - but if it comes down to an almost even price what would you pick? I just want some additional opinions to see if I am forgetting anything that may factor in as well.

Apologies for not having any constructive feedback, but posts like this make me VERY grateful that I live within driving distance of WDW. :) Of course, I may be doing this same thing if/when I plan my first DLR trip (maybe next year!) so I'm definitely not judging! Good luck with your planning! Maybe I'll even see you at POP since our trips are overlapping.

Peronally, I would switch to the Dolphin. I don't like switching hotels and I would like to have any extra money in my pocket if possible. However, would the pool be an issue? Did you plan on using Stormalong Bay at all?

Walking to a park is a big deal to me, too, but I will say POP is always my value of choice thanks to the stellar bus service.

It's a tough choice.
Pool was if we use it great if not we hang at Rose & Crown for an extra beer LOL
Switching midstay was never truly ideal but a chance to stay at BCV for any of our nights was worth it. I stayed at Dolphin YEARS ago so have no recent feedback to go off.
Thanks!

Apologies for not having any constructive feedback, but posts like this make me VERY grateful that I live within driving distance of WDW. :) Of course, I may be doing this same thing if/when I plan my first DLR trip (maybe next year!) so I'm definitely not judging! Good luck with your planning! Maybe I'll even see you at POP since our trips are overlapping.
Well that would be my ideal plan, move closer overall LOL
POP is our traditional resort so not staying at all would seem odd but not when I can walk in and out of Epcot (or ferry) every night.

Ok so I am torn - any input would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Could you make it work with JetBlue with just changing the 3 Pop nights to the Dolphin?

I think I have a FP strategy now!

9/1--MK for evening--POTC, BTMRR, Pooh
9/2--HS for AM --SDD (1st choice) or TSMM, RnR, ToT
9/3--Epcot--Soarin, SE, Figment
9/4--MK for EMM so not sure about using any FP here. Going to try for SDD if we can't get it for day 2. If not we will do MK FPs (Space, Buzz, BTMRR)
9/5--Epcot AM --AK PM --FoP, Safaris, EE
9/6--HS --SDD hopefully, RnR, ToT
9/7--AK--FoP, Safaris, Mickey and Minnie
9/8--MK --not sure yet what to choose!

I read the first post but not the following 39 pages, so excuse me if I missed something - is there a facebook group for our month?

I see a lot has changed at Disney since we were there in 2013.

Our last visit was 2013 too! I had to make so many updates to my old planning notes. All the FP info is outdated lol.

Anybody here September veterans? We travel to Florida yearly at the end of September every year so we know what we are getting into hurricane risk wise (we have been ran out once in 12 years...), but I'm assuming we can expect a little rain each day too. Anyone go in September and just get totally washed out?

We went mid-September in 2013 and I think it rained a bit but I only remember a significant amount on 9/12. It just meant shorter lines as everyone disappeared. I'm not afraid of water!

We'll be there sans kiddos (they're upset with us already) to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Will be our first time at a monorail resort, hopefully. We haven't been without kids in so long, I don't know if we'll even know what to do in the parks. Ha!

You can do WHATEVER YOU WANT!!! :) Happy anniversary! We are celebrating our 10th.

85 days to go! I went ahead and bought my photopass last week, Im super exited Ill have pics of my kids for the first time in years! Son is almost 25, daughter almost 22, soon to be daughter in law and soon to be grand son 5, they are all staying at AOA and we aren't doing all our park days together so Ill still get all their pics! Especially excited for the MNSSHP pics we will get!

I read the first post but not the following 39 pages, so excuse me if I missed something - is there a facebook group for our month?

If you search on FB there's a group. It's been quiet in there, though.

I don't think we are supposed to link FB groups on the DIS.

Anyone else nervous about getting FOP fp when your 60 days open? Like I am not worried about getting anything else, but the last couple times I try just looking 60 days out like today I did it and couldn't get anything (for July)

Anyone else nervous about getting FOP fp when your 60 days open? Like I am not worried about getting anything else, but the last couple times I try just looking 60 days out like today I did it and couldn't get anything (for July)

I'm a little nervous, because I'm trying to get it for 3 separate days.

I was able to get FoP FPs 9 days out when I went Oct 2017 when it was much newer and not competing with TSL. If you aren't able to get them on FP day just keep checking (I would check multiple times daily) because people drop them all the time. Good luck!

I got it twice on both Dec 2017 and April 2018 trips, I made sure to do it like 3rd day of trip earliest, but that also works with our normal plans which is always Epcot day one

I wouldn't worry too much as long as you're ok with not getting it for the first or second full day of your trip. For things like FoP you really need to take advantage of the fact that you get 60 days plus the length of your trip (up to 10 days) beginning at that 60-day mark. Your first couple days will probably be full of people arriving earlier who've already used the 60+X privilege (not to mention CL guests who are paying for the extra FPs) so be patient. Of course, you could always get lucky! :) Not that I ever have lol.

The fact that it's September and that TSL will be open may help things, but it won't be until the window opens that we'll know for sure. Good luck!

got it two times for our nov.2017 trip

Our September trip is officially official now, so I'm finally joining in the thread instead of just lurking. DH, DS, and I will be at Pop 9/23-9/28 while my mom, step-dad, and step-brother are at ASSp. We're all on free dining upgraded to DxDDP since we're all huge foodies, so I'm super excited for F&W since I've never been. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter