• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The one thing you'd love to see in FW, but know will never happen?

markb

True master of Disney
Here's a passing thought I had.

What's the one thing you'd love to see in FW, but know will never happen?

I'd love to see River Country turned into the "resort pool," where guests, even for a premium, could enjoy that cool, mild mannered water park, but I think because that water park was so dependent on water from Bay Lake, that it'll never happen.

I'd also bring back the Fort Wilderness train... but again, I'm a dreamer.

Any thoughts?

I would also love to see the RC pool made into the FW main pool. I think they should get rid of the RC things in Bay Lake so people wouldn't be tempted to swim there & just use the pool.

I have always thought this would be a great perk to FW - which is our favorite resort!! :p

Here's yet another vote to let FW guests use the RC pool. Or at least upgrade the current pools, maybe add a slide and a hot tub..........

I'd love to see them fix up the old Discovery Island, and put tent sites out there!

First, I'd settle to just re-open RC !! having it a themed pool for FW would be a luxury, maybe even pay for itself as they could put more sites where the Meadows pool is now.

Second, I really miss the FW train, I know that will never happen as the old track bed was never built right in the first place, and the track has been torn up.

Third, I think they should link FW with the WL. They could tie the two together with a "Dodge City Main Street" full of shops and and resteraunts where the bike path exisits currently. This could incorporate a NEW and improved Pioneer Hall and FW phase 2 expansion, which was supposed to happen years ago, but ended up becoming WL.

Talk about a pipe dream..........

Originally posted by DVCDAVE
Third, I think they should link FW with the WL. They could tie the two together with a "Dodge City Main Street" full of shops and and resteraunts where the bike path exisits currently. This could incorporate a NEW and improved Pioneer Hall and FW phase 2 expansion, which was supposed to happen years ago, but ended up becoming WL.

What an awesome idea. Even if they didn't make a completely new Pioneer Hall, they could have shops, restaurants & a few nightclubs or similiar like they do on the Boardwalk, but it would have it be more "pioneerish" in theme. I love that idea. :p

Memp1s:

We're only paying around $60 a night in July, and we paid $55 a night last summer in Lake George, NY..........

It's worth it to me just to have the transportation once we get there so I don't have to drive anything but a bicycle for a week!!

I wish I had gone to RC way back when......

I love that "Dodge City Main Street" idea that DVCDave came up with :)

I miss River Country too ... and would like to see it opened again, if only as a perk for the Ft. Wilderness Resort.

The only time I went swimming there was in 1978 and my kids were preschoolers, so we hung out in the kiddie area.

I was hoping it would be opened last summer so my grandkids and I could enjoy a break from the parks there.

I'd also like to see Discovery Island opened up again.

And I really like the idea of a "Main Street" between FW and WL with a western theme.

Discovery Island was a "refuge" for birds and animals... It's an island in Bay Lake between FW and MK... it was a very cool place to get away from the hustle/bustle of vacation. Much of what AK is now has it's roots in Discovery Island, imho. In fact, I believe the "island" that the Tree of Life is now on is called "Discovery Island!"

DVCDAVE, I love your "Dodge City Main Street" concept... as busy as DD can get, what a great way to re-distribute some of the "shopping" crowd... I just wonder how access would be, those roads don't seem to be right for so much additional traffic. Parking would be no problem, but I'd hate to see trees go for more concrete (parking,) but still, what a cool idea!

Also, those golf cart rates are silly, we used to rent for the week, now we just rent them for a coupla days... just too expensive.

I like the idea of shops between FW & the lodge also...they could make it like an old west mining town & leave 90% of the trees as they are! They could make it like a special area for the FW peeps like a little barber shop, of course a souvenier shop, confections shop, an old fashioned ice cream parlor & naturally a saloon! lol

How about for every 7 days you stay at FW you get a free golf cart rental for one day... or more... of your stay! There's always one day when you want one! Or if you rent one for a few days they could throw in a couple for free!

I agree that the transportation alone makes up for the price. We have a truck camper & once I park it I don't like to move it! It may be a truck camper but bumper to bumper it's still 28 feet long!

Unfortunately the one time I went to RC I was with a friend who was afraid of the "rides". Luckily she won't be there & DH will be & he'll try anything once! LOL To bad for her...she missed out on a lot of fun.:( I sure wish it would miraculously re-open!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter