The One Where I’m In Over My Head/ March 2024/BCV/2 adults/2 toddlers/0 sanity *updated 2/26*

That is a great idea! I was originally going to work the day when we drive to the airport (to fly out early the next day). Then I asked for a half day off, and eventually decided to take the full day for the same reason. As much as I hope to pack in advance, I’ll probably be stressed and think I’ll be glad to have the time to pack while my daughters are at school!

This sounds like a great travel day plan, can’t wait to hear what you plan to do on arrival!
thank you! How far of a drive is it for you?

I fully support you taking the day prior off to pack etc! Something always comes up and then I’m left with 32 minutes to pack everything 🤣

thank you! How far of a drive is it for you?
Just over 3 hours! Short enough we can drive after school & work, but long enough that we don’t want to drive that before an early morning flight.
I fully support you taking the day prior off to pack etc! Something always comes up and then I’m left with 32 minutes to pack everything 🤣
Right?? I always think of other things I need to run out to buy or I scramble and over-pack instead of being more thoughtful about what we really need. I’ve already started a few Disney “piles” of things we need to pack.

Since we are traveling with kids under 5 we can get “family boarding” on southwest - but this feels like a cruel trick to me, bc who wants to be on the plane plane with kids longer than necessary?!
It really is!!! I honestly don't understand why people want to get on first. I would reather be the last one!

Now dinner.. the girls eat between 4p-5p at home- I plan on giving them dinner on the plane - something easy (and super healthy) like uncrustables, pizza favored goldfish
ha! It thought "oh she's that mom" Planning ahead... but no, you are just like me! Ha

ARRIVAL!

Hi folks! I had very good intentions of getting another post up last week…. BUT the dreaded Norovirus hit our house. Hard. Apparently the northeast is a surge in this fun little virus. If I never hear the word “virus” again in my lifetime I’ll be okay 🤣

It all started two Thursdays ago when DD1 threw up all over our local library. How fun. The next 24 hrs she was vomiting and then it hit DH. Two days later DD2 came down with this fun little treat and it really wiped her out, we ended up in the emergency room bc the poor girl was dehydrated. So after 5 days of everyone else in my house being sick I started feeling some tummy troubles last Tuesday BUT I had a spa day booked and was not about to miss this so I took some pepto bismol and suffered through a facial and massage 🤣 In the end, we’re all healthy again. For now…

1709002536697.jpeg1709002536697.jpeg

Ok back to our regular scheduled programming…

Last we left off I was rambling on about airplane seating charts - really riveting content! Our flight is scheduled to land at 7:05pm . Which is exactly the girls normal bedtime. I plan on getting them off the plane ASAP while DH deals with carryons and getting our stroller that gate checking.

We’ll be using Cast and Crew Transportation to bring us to our hotel. This is our first time (in forever)using them and I’m really excited about all of the positive reviews. Don’t quote me but I think I read somewhere that the owners are former cast members that were laid off from WDW during the pandemic? Also I could have completely made that up … so who knows. But i’m going with that narrative

I really like that we could reserve an SUV with 2 car seats. I looked into Quicksilver transportation which we’ve used in the past but they only let you reserve two car seats with their 10 passenger van which is $100 more than Cast and Crew AND Quicksilver charged $50 for a second car seat! We briefly entertained the idea of bringing DD2’s infant car seat with us bc she can still fit in it and it’s easy to install but that’s just extra crap we don’t want to lug around.

We didn’t even discuss renting a car because… well… we’d like to remain married 🤣🤣 Ya know what sounds stressful? Driving in the dark on an unfamiliar road, with an unfamiliar car and two tired toddlers. No thank you. Of course, power to anyone who does rent a car! Godspeed!

Hoping to arrive at the resort by 8:30pm/9pm and skipping the front desk as we did mobile check in. My room request is a woods view or basically anything not with a pool view because once DD1 sees the pool out a window she’s going to demand ask to go to the pool non stop. And ya know what? Almost 3 year olds are relentless.

I’m going get the girls settled and start unpacking while DH goes on the hunt for dinner for us. Let me your QS recommendations because the Beach Club Marketplace doesn’t seem to have a lot of appealing options… but maybe wrong ?

Hoping we will all be fed and asleep by 10:30pm! I’m going to ask for crib for DD2 even tho at home she typically ends up in our bed by 1am. And DD1 will likely sleep on the pull out couch/murphy bed situation.

Up next … Day 1: Pool Time!

We didn’t even discuss renting a car because… well… we’d like to remain married 🤣🤣 Ya know what sounds stressful? Driving in the dark on an unfamiliar road, with an unfamiliar car and two tired toddlers. No thank you. Of course, power to anyone who does rent a car! Godspeed!
Part of the reason my DH loves going to Disney is not having to navigate places in a car. I get it. We uber but we are out of the car seat phase.

I’m going get the girls settled and start unpacking while DH goes on the hunt for dinner for us. Let me your QS recommendations because the Beach Club Marketplace doesn’t seem to have a lot of appealing options… but maybe wrong ?
I will say, counter service at Beach and Yacht Club is meh... We usually get food from the pool bar, Hurricane Hannah's. They used to have loaded waffle fries but chili cheese fries now. Which personally isn't on my hit list. But you can walk up order and bring it back to the room. There is also the regular walk up there, good for the girls chicken finger and kid meal type food.

My other suggestion would be that you can order take out from Ale and Compass. I haven't done this yet but plan to on our trip. I think you can even order on the app. So, you could decide what you want while you are together and just pick it up.

I plan to order breakfast on our rest day, I want to try the breakfast stuff but I know my family won't want to go and eat there. And then eating breakfast on our balcony on our rest day sounds so nice!

Ugh, the sickness has been CRAZY this year!!! Myself, my clients, and my coworkers are CONSTANTLY getting sick this year, and I've built up a really good immune system after constantly working with kids for 8 years now! What is in the water??? Glad you guys are feeling better!!

Let me your QS recommendations because the Beach Club Marketplace doesn’t seem to have a lot of appealing options… but maybe wrong ?

The BC Marketplace is quite possibly my least favorite QS in all of WDW :laughing: I have had great luck with the sandwiches/salads at Ale and Compass Market at the Yacht Club!! Also, the Boardwalk has some fun options that the girls might like, with the Boardwalk Bakery, ice cream shop, Pizza Window, Hot Dog cart, etc. I think I've even heard some musings about a local food truck stopping on the Boardwalk sometimes!! It might be fun the first night to take a stroll over there, grab some food/dessert, and watch the street performers/play some games :)

Hi Ashlee! I had to join in as we’re in a very similar boat - I haven’t been to Disney World in eight years(!) and am planning our first family trip with our two young daughters. My last four trips have been with adults so it will be a different trip than I’m used to but I’m SO excited!

Ultimately we ended up reserving a 7 day confirmed reservation at the Beach Club for a one bedroom villa March 16-23 for $5400! This is our first time renting points / not booking directly through Disney, so far so good!

The one bedroom villa will be great! We rented points for the first time too - we’re staying five nights at the Poly villas and four nights at the BCV in a studio. The only downside I’ve found to renting points is the stress and anxiety of waiting to get your reservation booked - I’m thrilled for your sake that you found a confirmed reservation that worked for you!

I’m sure you’re super excited to stay at the BCV - such a beautiful area and so convenient for Epcot (and Hollywood Studios!). Have you ever staying in the Epcot area resorts before?

We went back and forth about getting Liv her own seat since she could be a lap infant (and let’s be honest, she probably won’t leave my arms the entire flight) and again, for convenience, we got her a seat as too!

Getting an infant their own seat is 100% the way to go. I had no hesitation in doing the same for our one-year-old.

I was planning to bring our travel car seat for her onto the plane… until my husband said that he was so happy we didn’t need to do that again. We used our travel (lighter-weight) car seat for our older daughter when she was 15 months old - it was nice to have her restrained but a huge PITA to carry that car seat on and off the plane. So… I guess we’ll see? I’ll be curious to see what you decide!

We’ll be using Cast and Crew Transportation to bring us to our hotel. This is our first time (in forever)using them and I’m really excited about all of the positive reviews. Don’t quote me but I think I read somewhere that the owners are former cast members that were laid off from WDW during the pandemic? Also I could have completely made that up … so who knows. But i’m going with that narrative

I’m planning to book with them, too! I’ve also read that they’re former CMs and all the reviews I’ve read are pretty positive. Needing car seats for travel is such a hindrance from using services like Uber and the rental car prices are INSANE… so a car service seems like the way to go. I also love that they have such great car seats and at such reasonable prices! I hope you’re able to do another trip report as I’d love to hear what you thought of your experience!

Hi folks! I had very good intentions of getting another post up last week…. BUT the dreaded Norovirus hit our house. Hard. Apparently the northeast is a surge in this fun little virus. If I never hear the word “virus” again in my lifetime I’ll be okay 🤣
Oh no!! There does seem to be a lot going around lately. Hope you all are 100% better now!
We drove to Disney a couple of times and had a car for those trips, but it's so nice to not have a car and not need to drive ourselves anywhere. Disney transportation can be a pain at times, but it's also nice to have drinks with meals without worrying about who will drive, or to just sit back and let Disney get you where you're going when everyone is exhausted.
My room request is a woods view or basically anything not with a pool view because once DD1 sees the pool out a window she’s going to demand ask to go to the pool non stop. And ya know what? Almost 3 year olds are relentless.
I hear you on this! We stayed at a hotel last year in a room facing the indoor pool. I did not want to swim but my kids were not going to take no for an answer when the pool was right out our door! Guess who won out?

It really is!!! I honestly don't understand why people want to get on first. I would reather be the last one!

ha! It thought "oh she's that mom" Planning ahead... but no, you are just like me! Ha
hahaha I’m a moms mom… as in, you
do you! co sleep? cool, enjoy. sleep train? rock it girl. Put your kids on a leash? i support this. want your kid to avoid all screens and red dye? best of luck! 💕

3/10 UPDATE

Ahh! where has the time gone?! We are leaving this week! … and i really need to get my act together with this PTR!

We all need some serious sunshine - March in Maine is very… brown. Lots of brown leaves. Also, we’ve somehow managed to all contract COVID, Influenza, Norovirus and sprinkles of ear infections/common colds since December. Currently DD1 is getting over a runny nose and cough. DD2 is fighting the same illness but she isn’t rallying as well as her big sister… DH and I have slight sore throats. ahh!

Ok enough of me rambling…

Once we get to the resort our plan is to grab some food and then head directly to our room. We’ve officially decided on Beach Club Market Place- after dinner, it’ll be time for everyone to go to bed. I’m sure Jon and I will go to bed the same time as the girls tonight but are hoping to take advantage of them going to sleep before us once we get in a groove at the resort.

SUNDAY 3/17- our first full day of vacation! We have zero plans for the day! Well, my plan is for a pool day, unpacking and getting the groceries we are ordering from Bell Services. Real riveting stuff 🤪

We’re going to grab breakfast from the market place and then hit the quiet pool since Stormalong Bay doesn’t open until 10am. I estimate the girls will be awake around 6am maybe 7am if I’m lucky. I also want to go for a walk around the boardwalk and just enjoy the idea of not having of anywhere to be.

Once stormalong bay opens we’ll be right there! DD1 is so exited for the “pirate ship” slide!

Lunch will probably be Hurricane Hanna’s and I’m not sure about dinner. We might see what is available in Epcot or if there are food trucks at the Boardwalk by then check those out. Would love everyone’s suggestions! I’d like get a Beaches & Cream reservation but i doubt that’ll happen…

After dinner we’ll probably grab some ice cream and see if there are any resort activities like s’mores or movies on the lawn before heading in for the night

Up next… MAGIC KINGDOM!!

We’re going to grab breakfast from the market place and then hit the quiet pool since Stormalong Bay doesn’t open until 10am. I estimate the girls will be awake around 6am maybe 7am if I’m lucky.
My girls are the same!!! Bright and early!! no sleeping in, even as teens! oye

or if there are food trucks at the Boardwalk b
Wait there are food tricks at the boardwalk?!?

Just started following today and you’ll be off to the airport this afternoon ( well evening time here because we are 5 hrs ahead of you
😜). Hope you have a great trip. We love the YC/BC it’s our favourite place to stay. We discovered it when our 17 year old was a toddler and loved the convenience of walking to 2 parks while he chilled out in his stroller. Makes life easy for sure. Hoping you have a stress free travel day ☘️

Last edited:
Following along.. I'm also from New England! (it's too late now), but have you ever looked out of flying from Manchester, NH? It is definitely a bit longer than Portland, but have more variety of flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter