The one with the Fidelius Charm...hopefully...a Sept 2021 pre-trip report

I'm having quite the laugh at myself...I currently have made and cancelled so many reservations, I had to do a spreadsheet to see what I actually currently have booked. Hopefully they don't drag their feet too much on getting my deposits back to me lol.

At this point, I'm leaning towards keeping the HRH reservation in a deluxe King since while I have 2 reservations, I don't think they will make us check out in between (at least that is what happened previously) sine they are the same room category. It is, of course, the most expensive option but a 50th only happens once right? Then I could look at maybe staying at RPR when we go in May and getting myself a good rate for that. While I want to try out both Club level at RPR (one of my reservations lol), I would still want to switch to HRH for DH's actual birthday and that would be a PITA (especially since I'm keeping the one night in the Sapphire suite regardless), so maybe paying a bit more to stay in the same room is worth it. I doubt a standard will open up for the weekend and so far, no luck on a couple nights with a pool view Queen prior to the weekend that I already have booked. That at least does have a bigger chance of happening I think than the standard on an HHN weekend opening up.

Where we are going to lay our head is now fully decided.

After posting that I was leaning towards the Deluxe king, I decided it was just too much money to spend, and was planning on sticking with an RPR queen water view. However, my continuous checking resulted in actually landing a standard at HRH for the weekend that I did not think was going to happen (since it is HHN times) but lo and behold, one came up this morning at like 4:30am when I randomly checked. It’s a small bit more expensive than RPR but close enough that it’s worth it.

Now I need to find something else to do in my spare time since I’m not longer looking at hotels regularly 😂.

Oh good god I totally changed hotels again after that post hahahaha. I had a savvy traveller rate open up for RPR and said to hell with it, that's what I'm doing. I'll still watch for something with HRH but am not holding my breath.

And of course, that all said, Westjet change my flights on me to be leaving a day earlier. I am not amused. So that has me looking at all new options of going Sat to the following Sun, staying overnight in Toronto on the way down (which is better than the red-eye, IMO) but will lose my hotel reservation most likely since they aren't really able to change reservations and I don't anticipate getting that rate again. Will consider keeping my current reservation and just checking out a day early but depends on the price swing.

In addition, I am up for a new job (well, might be). Had tons of interviews for it last week and am just waiting to hear if I got the job. Which would pretty much for sure rule out the trip. I don't think I could push my start date out far enough to be able to go.

And lastly, the delta variant. Ugh. Definitely causing me to pause about whether this is a good idea at all. Sigh. Man I hate COVID.

Oh Pixie, I’m sorry you had to cancel. Hopefully you do get the new job, and will be able to take some time off later in the year. Christmas time is a great time to visit Orlando.

And I hear ya with virus news. We are going soon, and later in September, and are fully vaccinated. And have masks. So careful we will try to be, and I hear ya on travel woes. Our September flights have changed twice so far. Even less park time now, but what can you do, I agree. Though ours did not change the days, just much later arriving flights and earlier by hours leaving than we had booked.

Well this was a fun thought while it lasted. I cancelled last night. I know it is the right thing for us but I am obviously so disappointed.

I`m so sorry you`ve cancelled Pixie, sounds like you made the right decision for you and your family.

We look forward to reading of the planning of your next trip. May will be here quicker than you think.....

Oh, I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip, but honestly delta has changed the landscape pretty quickly. Hopefully things will be better for May, I have a week booked at HRH at the ST rates. I like September as well, maybe 2022 will work out.

My DH and I will have some overlap with you, we are staying at RPR also. First time there, neither of us have ever done USO, and we are really excited for a kids free weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter