The packing, The packing!

When/where is the horseback riding option? Is it on a different day than the helicopter ride? I think so, from people's posts, but I just realized from reading this thread that we should bring jeans if we are going riding -- not sure if we are, but want to be prepared just in case.

FYI, I'm bringing sleep sheets/travel sheets for the 4 of us, just for the peace of mind it will give me. I got them from Amazon and they came a few days ago - they look like a fairly nice product, and we got different colors for each of us. Now if our sun hats would arrive we'd be all set!

To those who have been on this trip already this summer (or previously) - what's the heaviest piece of clothing you will need? Is a fleece a good idea, or will a lighter sweatshirt/jacket do?

On our trip July 4-11, we experienced very warm temperatures...the guides said it was the warmest trip so far this year. We each brought 1 long sleeved shirt or a light jacket...only wore it one night at the Grand Canyon, due to a cool breeze, but could have done without it. From what I see on T.V., the temps in that area have not cooled down any, so you should be fine just packing short sleeves for the most part.

The horse back riding is available at Red Cliffs Lodge. You can go on the afternoon, after the Arches hike, or the next morning, before the rafting trip. The guides suggested doing the morning ride due to temps. DD and I wore jeans, but many wore shorts or capris. It is a question of your leg comfort on the saddles (western), not the brush on the trails. It was an out and back well-trod trail, so nothing to scratch up your legs.

I wore a fleece pull over on the atv ride, but only b/c it had rained and was a little cool in the canyon. I was glad to have a light cardigan for the long bus rides - that ac gets chilly!

Thanks - sounds kind of like the packing for last summer (hot weather, jacket just for a/c on the bus). Except that I think I'll bring several changes of tops for the evening, so I won't feel so dusty...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter