The "perfect" waterproof, washable, & gender neutral sling/crossbody!

adelaster

DIS Veteran
Does it exist?!

We've tried two bags so far. The first one wasn't washable and stank/mildewed after the FL rain. The second didn't have a long enough strap. Height between 11-17 inches is probably ideal. Comfort essential.

Two requests:

1. Please don't say "Vera Bradley"
2. Please don't share a bag that can no longer be purchased.

I have something like this in mind, but slightly flexible.

20171004_140622.png 20171004_140554.png

I just bought this bag for an upcoming Disneyland trip:

https://smile.amazon.com/OutdoorMas...qid=1507148819&sr=8-4&keywords=sling+backpack

I've used it once so far and I think it will work as long as I don't buy too many souvenirs to stuff into it.

I like that the strap is reversible so it could be for a righty or lefty. I don't like that the zipped pocket in the strap is too small to fit a phone. It really could only fit some cash, maybe credit cards but I haven't tried that.

It has a bottle pocket that holds my .75 L Camelbak water bottle and I'm not worried that it will fall out.

It has four pockets... one big main pocket, a medium pocket with inside pockets for a phone, a small pocket for tissues, etc., and a "security" pocket that is right against your back and it easily fits my wristlet wallet.

I'm not sure that it's guaranteed waterproof but it's a regular backpack type material, so it's not cotton like a Vera Bradley bag.

Good luck! I feel like it's a never-ending search for the perfect bag!

I'm looking at purchasing this bag for my next disney trip:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E3QWU36/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I351NX53RIO5TE&colid=3B79VTUY30UBB

It seems to get pretty good reviews, and comes in a variety of colors.
This was actually bag one we tried! It's great, and basically held up in a monsoon. The issue was it never fully dried, and grew mold rather swiftly. I would love a washable version of this, although strap comfort could have been better.

Under Armour has a draw string bag which is real durable with a clip in the front for the straps. It was perfect for hat, water bottle, umbrella, and could easily fit a couple of other items.

Under Armour has a draw string bag which is real durable with a clip in the front for the straps. It was perfect for hat, water bottle, umbrella, and could easily fit a couple of other items.
I'll have to check that out! We don't usually like drawstring bags- I like to easy access my camera/phone/id from my waist. We are also unlucky in having the contents spill and jumble- zippers seems to work better. Sounds like a good option though!

I just bought this bag for an upcoming Disneyland trip:

https://smile.amazon.com/OutdoorMas...qid=1507148819&sr=8-4&keywords=sling+backpack

I've used it once so far and I think it will work as long as I don't buy too many souvenirs to stuff into it.

I like that the strap is reversible so it could be for a righty or lefty. I don't like that the zipped pocket in the strap is too small to fit a phone. It really could only fit some cash, maybe credit cards but I haven't tried that.

It has a bottle pocket that holds my .75 L Camelbak water bottle and I'm not worried that it will fall out.

It has four pockets... one big main pocket, a medium pocket with inside pockets for a phone, a small pocket for tissues, etc., and a "security" pocket that is right against your back and it easily fits my wristlet wallet.

I'm not sure that it's guaranteed waterproof but it's a regular backpack type material, so it's not cotton like a Vera Bradley bag.

Good luck! I feel like it's a never-ending search for the perfect bag!
This one is on my list- if you are traveling before December please let me know what you think!

Patagonia Atom sling. By far the favorite bag I've ever used at Disney. I now have 4 of them. Strictly speaking, I don't know that it's waterproof, but it certainly is water resistant. Got stuck in a downpour last month and everything inside was still dry. The bag itself dried out pretty quick too.
https://www.ebags.com/product/patagonia/atom-sling-8l/347858?productid=10582186

+1! The Atom is/was my favorite sling bag. Not hydration compatible though which is a no-go for me now when I'm in the parks. Still use it elsewhere though. I like that it "rides" or "sits" higher than a normal backpack/sling (almost entirely on my shoulder-blade area).

I love my Baggallini sling bag - I've used it multiple times in the parks. It's lightweight and I love the pocket set up and the water bottle spot on the side. It's even got a pocket in the strap for your phone or cards/money. It's marketed as "water resistant" and I will say it lasts pretty well through "normal" FL rain. It might not hold up well in a hurricane, but it definitely dries quickly because the fabric is so light.

https://www.zappos.com/p/baggallini-messenger-bagg-apple/product/8461247/color/31?PID=6146859&AID=11473432&utm_source=VigLink&splash=none&utm_medium=affiliate&cjevent=34817102b4f111e7815002ff0a24060b_419304097526780659:BB_J6htAH5YV

I love my Baggallini sling bag - I've used it multiple times in the parks. It's lightweight and I love the pocket set up and the water bottle spot on the side. It's even got a pocket in the strap for your phone or cards/money. It's marketed as "water resistant" and I will say it lasts pretty well through "normal" FL rain. It might not hold up well in a hurricane, but it definitely dries quickly because the fabric is so light.

https://www.zappos.com/p/baggallini-messenger-bagg-apple/product/8461247/color/31?PID=6146859&AID=11473432&utm_source=VigLink&splash=none&utm_medium=affiliate&cjevent=34817102b4f111e7815002ff0a24060b_419304097526780659:BB_J6htAH5YV
I've had this bag for years.... my only issue with it is the strap adjuster buckle always falls right on my shoulder in a bad spot,it hurts! Maybe it's my height..... I even dyed my old olive green bag dark purple,not it's green and purple and pretty! (I tried a VB small backpack for a while but it's not too practical IMHO)

We are back from 4 days at DL where I used the Outdoor Master sling backpack.

I have to say that by day 4, I was missing my backpack.

The Pros:
  • Small, compact, low profile
  • Enough pockets to sort out my stuff
  • Water bottle pocket
  • Pretty water proof - survived repeated rides on Grizzly River and Splash
The Cons:
  • Too small for me... still had to go through bag check, so might as well have a bigger bag to fit items purchased throughout the day or coats for later in the day.
  • Strap started to irritate across my chest (and I wasn't wearing anything low cut!)
  • Maybe it was me, I had trouble swinging the bag around to access the pockets (except for the security pocket)
Let me know if you have questions, I'm happy to help!

We are back from 4 days at DL where I used the Outdoor Master sling backpack.

I have to say that by day 4, I was missing my backpack.

The Pros:
  • Small, compact, low profile
  • Enough pockets to sort out my stuff
  • Water bottle pocket
  • Pretty water proof - survived repeated rides on Grizzly River and Splash
The Cons:
  • Too small for me... still had to go through bag check, so might as well have a bigger bag to fit items purchased throughout the day or coats for later in the day.
  • Strap started to irritate across my chest (and I wasn't wearing anything low cut!)
  • Maybe it was me, I had trouble swinging the bag around to access the pockets (except for the security pocket)
Let me know if you have questions, I'm happy to help!
Thanks for the review!

I broke down and ordered this one recently:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015OFQIS...IFJLP6BS5IN&th=1#immersive-view_1511825706848

I will definitely post how it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!