• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Plan - at last with 9 days to go

bengunn

Pirate Member
Here it is at last, the result of last nights family meeting to plan the holiday; DS was out but said that he was Ok with whatever we decided - as we already have the tickets, it was just a case of deciding what to do on what day.

August
Fri 16th - Arrive
Sat 17th - AK
Sun 18th - MK
Mon 19th - TL then Illuminations Cruise in evening
Tues 20th - IOA - Mythos for lunch if possible
Weds 21st - Epcot
Thur 22nd - Seaworld
Fri 23rd - USF
Sat 24th - Epcot then MK later for Spectromagic and FITS
Sun 25th - Discovery Cove & Shopping
Mon 26th - KSC, probably, not quite sure whether to do this
Tues 27th - MGM - dinner at H & V and Fantasmic in evening
Weds 28th - BB and Shopping
Thur 29th - IOA and US for bits we missed or repeat rides
Fri 30th - Move to Bradenton on Gulf Coast
Sat 31st - ? Chill out on beach

September
Sun 1st - ?
Mon 2nd - Busch Gardens - Seregeti Safari booked
Tues 3rd - 25th Wedding Anniversary!
Weds 4th - ?
Thurs 5th - ? maybe Busch Gardens (we have Funcards)
Fri 6th - Drive back to Orlando, final Shopping and fly home :(

Third week is very unplanned so lots of time for R & R.
We have not got an airboat ride in but will try to do one, also DW wants to go to Cypress Gardens which we could get to from Bradenton about as easily as from Kissimmee.

Anything we have forgotten/got wrong? I feel like I need a holiday from just reading it!

Richard,

That's some itinerary !! :D Me Jealous ? No :D

Just a couple of suggestions :-

1. I would definitley do the KSC tour. If you can swap your Epcot trip on the 21/8 for KSC, as there is a rocket launch ( ATLAS V) on that day.

2. In your third week, hire a boat for a couple of hours and take it out on the Gulf, as you may get a chance to see dolphins in the natural environment.

3. Try and swap the Sea World trip for AK ( the day after you arrive) , as SW has a lot of sit down shows and isn't as tiring.

Hope this helps and have a great time.

Paul

Paul,

1) I cannot access the NASA website at the moment but don't remember a launch during our holiday (they cancelled the shuttle launch). If there is a launch, can you still go to KSC or is it restricted to ticket holders?

2) That is a good idea, we will try to do that.

3) Two reasons for not doing SW first - we did it first last time and stayed to see the fireworks which meant we ended up very tired - however the fireworks were brilliant and we want to see them this time. The other reason for doing AK first is that it is the last day that it is open until 18:00 - after that Saturday it closes at 17:00.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Kaylee, sorry to make you jealous but I know how you feel - we booked this holiday over a year ago and we have been feeling jealous of everyone who has gone in the last 12 months.

Hi again Paul,

Just managed to get on the NASA website - no launches in August :( it looks as though the Atlas launch has been moved to November! Just our luck :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter