The Rest of Hollywood Studios

True enough. It'll be a decade or more before it's probably fully finished now. With the new lands coming in, I assume they have future plans to start re-doing slowly the theme of old-fashioned Hollywood.

The whole park is a mess honestly. That's why you'll see Star Wars in different parts of the park. There is no clear grouping like the MK and it's lands. It's going to take a whole lot of work if they ever want consistent theming and park layout.
Right now you see that. Once SWGE opens many of those things outside will go away.

They just refurbished Star Tours 2 in 2011, so it would seem odd if they closed it so soon. I think it's close enough to Galaxy's Edge and it's on your way there, so I don't think most people will really care. Personally, I hope it stays around for a while if they don't have anything else to replace it with quickly. It's also a pretty high capacity ride, so having something to help with the crowds when the new lands open will be really important. The Jedi Training is also really popular, so I think that's going to stay. Personally, I like the ride and I hope it sticks around for a little while. (Maybe my dream of Body Wars 2 will come true sometime in the future. Probably not, but it's fun to dream.)

Indiana Jones is also pretty popular and it eats up the crowds pretty well. When I was there in January it was standing room only for my show, so I don't see that going away anytime soon.

Animation Courtyard needs help. It's getting an updated Disney Jr show this year and Star Wars Launch Bay will become unnecessary once Star Wars Land officially launches next year. Something else should go there that's animation themed for the kiddos. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid could use updating with some new puppets, digital projectors and source material which could be done fairly quickly. The Mickie Ride is also coming next year, so that will help that area of the park too.

Pixar Place is closing soon, so I could see them moving the Star Wars Meet and Greets over there. Maybe the Jedi Training too if there's room.

I think that the biggest issue in 2019-2024 will be the crowds that come for Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge. Demolishing attractions during that time won't help with crowd management. A major problem for the park is that it's not in a great location, so it's pretty much landlocked from expansion. They could move some of the backstage area for something new near the northwest corner by Fantasmic, but that's probably all they could do without moving the entrance and taking some of the parking lot.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I wouldn't expect anything major right away.

Right now you see that. Once SWGE opens many of those things outside will go away.

I assumed they would leave the Launch Bay and the SW stage show open for the first year after GE opens to help absorb some people.

If there is any way that HS could add a daytime show at the Fantasmic! theater that would help eat a decent chunk of people.

If there is any way that HS could add a daytime show at the Fantasmic! theater that would help eat a decent chunk of people.
I feel like that’d be super uncomfortable in the heat of the day because of all the concrete there and it’s not covered

I think anything Star Wars outside of galaxies edge will be gone quite quickly as they will take away from the story aspect of galaxies edge and what's cannon etc, which Lucasfilm are very strict and eager to avoid.

Indiana Jones is also pretty popular and it eats up the crowds pretty well. When I was there in January it was standing room only for my show, so I don't see that going away anytime soon.

Wow. Do you think its crowded because there is literally so little to do there that people choose it to do something - or is it really popular?

I haven't been to that show in over 10 years......

Right now - Studios is a half day park at best. I sure hope the other areas of the park get the love & attention they deserve.

Right now - Studios is a half day park at best. I sure hope the other areas of the park get the love & attention they deserve.

I think it can be a Rope Drop to Fireworks park if you have small kids that love all the shows. I spent the whole day there last year with a 5 and 3 year old. For Adults? Not so much. Not until the two lands are full go anyway.

There are several things being looked at for DHS. A possible Indiana Jones ride is in the mix, new shows, and more. They will need the capacity once Star Wars opens.

I'm curious why they aren't working on these things NOW, since, really, if they wait until Star Wars open, by the time they get it done, it'll be too late to really be of any benefit. The hoopla will have died down and crowds will have naturally worked themselves out into a new norm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!