The Rise of Skywalker Theories and their Implications for Galaxy's Edge (possible ride spoilers)

howtokilltomnook

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!
I have been watching a lot of theory videos on YouTube about the final Star Wars film. I am at this point convinced that Kylo Ren is going to have a redemption arc. That being said, what do you all think this means for Galaxy's Edge? Kylo Ren has been running around Hollywood studios for a few years now as the bad guy, and in the new Rise of the Resistance Ride he is clearly the antagonist. Any thoughts? It does seem like the new ride takes place before the release of the new movie given Admiral Ackbar is still alive, so maybe it won't effect the new land in any way.

Hi Everyone!
I have been watching a lot of theory videos on YouTube about the final Star Wars film. I am at this point convinced that Kylo Ren is going to have a redemption arc. That being said, what do you all think this means for Galaxy's Edge? Kylo Ren has been running around Hollywood studios for a few years now as the bad guy, and in the new Rise of the Resistance Ride he is clearly the antagonist. Any thoughts? It does seem like the new ride takes place before the release of the new movie given Admiral Ackbar is still alive, so maybe it won't effect the new land in any way.
I didn't hear that was supposed to be Ackbar. Couldn't it have been another one of his species?

Hi Everyone!
It does seem like the new ride takes place before the release of the new movie given Admiral Ackbar is still alive, so maybe it won't effect the new land in any way.

The Mon Calimari in the Rise of the Resistance ride is named Lt. Beck. Galaxy's Edge, as a theme park area, takes place in between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. I imagine it takes place after the Star Wars: Allegiance comic miniseries and concurrently with the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run young reader novel.

Last edited:

Ok, so this is interesting:

"We knew that this was going to be a flexible stage for future storytelling, so what you see on opening day might not necessarily be what you’ll see in the near future," says Margaret Kerrison, Managing Story Editor for Walt Disney Imagineering. "So we have a lot of new stories coming in from Star Wars, with new films opening and new animated series and new books, all kinds of multimedia storytelling - all of that is going to be incorporated into our land."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...lace-after-last-jedi-before-rise-of-skywalker

I dunno. I mean, Vader shows up in Star Tours even though he was dead.

Star Tours: The Adventure Continues took place after Revenge of the Sith but before the OT - that is until they added the Sequel Trilogy scenes. When they would mix them, it didn't make sense, but now it seems it will always run either an Empire Era set or a First Order Era set and they do not mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!