The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, there are tons of ropes courses in the US - a mall near us has a 4 story one - and they have 2 versions, one for adults and one for little kids ... so they could do it but it wouldn't be as "extreme" as the Shanghai one and might require signing a waver or something

They could definitely do one. They already have a rope bridge course as part of the Wild Africa Trek tour in DAK. We did it and it was fantastic. Best upcharge tour in WDW in our opinion.

You do sign your life away for that tour so @rteetz has a valid point. It wouldn’t be an open trail or rope bridge that anyone could do. Park guests would have to sign some type of waiver.

Couple things...

VisionarySoul on WDWMagic says the gondolas will have AC

Martin says AK and another WDW park are "fighting" over an IP to add to the parks.

Indy is still a good possibility for Animal Kingdom.

OC Register's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge "map" has the table service and cantina mixed up.
1) Thank goodness the gondolas will have AC - I can't imagine what they'd be like in the middle of summer packed with hot sweaty people all day!
2) At a guess, the two IP's that are jumping out at me as "worth fighting for" (no, not Mulan!) are Tarzan or Moana. Both would thematically fit in two parks. I don't see how Indy could really fit in any other park (well, I suppose it could be themed to Adventureland, but there is no room for such a big attraction. DAK makes the most sense for that one...) and can't think of any other rumored IP's that parks would be fighting over.
3) As I said above, Indy makes perfect sense for a Dinoland USA replacement. The Chester and Hester area desperately needs a redo, and Dinosaur could easily be re-themed to Indy using the same ride tech.
4) Do we know if the Galaxy's Edge will be identical on both coasts? Or could WDW's be slightly different to the map published by OC Register?

1) Thank goodness the gondolas will have AC - I can't imagine what they'd be like in the middle of summer packed with hot sweaty people all day!
2) At a guess, the two IP's that are jumping out at me as "worth fighting for" (no, not Mulan!) are Tarzan or Moana. Both would thematically fit in two parks. I don't see how Indy could really fit in any other park (well, I suppose it could be themed to Adventureland, but there is no room for such a big attraction. DAK makes the most sense for that one...) and can't think of any other rumored IP's that parks would be fighting over.
3) As I said above, Indy makes perfect sense for a Dinoland USA replacement. The Chester and Hester area desperately needs a redo, and Dinosaur could easily be re-themed to Indy using the same ride tech.
4) Do we know if the Galaxy's Edge will be identical on both coasts? Or could WDW's be slightly different to the map published by OC Register?
1. We still don't know if they will. This is only one person saying they will when others say they won't.

4. They will be identical just a little different in orientation due to them being in two completely different parks. The OC Register map wasn't completely correct either.

For example, one of the window says 'Valiant Detective Agency' from 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' (it's above Hollywood and Vine Restaurant on Echo Lake).

I never knew this! I loved that movie and adored when there was a huge homage to Roger Rabbit in the backlot. I’m definitely going to have to take a pic next visit. Thanks!

The picture of the ropes course in Shanghai made me literally LOL! Maybe I should start booking tours to our bridges here in Honduras! I bet I could get some thrill seekers to pay me !?!

...ok but how great would Mulan BE though?!

1. We still don't know if they will. This is only one person saying they will when others say they won't.

4. They will be identical just a little different in orientation due to them being in two completely different parks. The OC Register map wasn't completely correct either.
I sure hope they do have AC then!

Ok, thanks. That's what I thought.

I haven’t been on wdwmagic all day but I believe previously he said this includes more than just the ride itself. Stuff like the possible speedway refurb and stuff in that area.

That makes sense because it seemed like a lot of money just for the coaster that's not themed heavily.

That makes sense because it seemed like a lot of money just for the coaster that's not themed heavily.

Especially one that is a copy of something already built

I could see this sort of budget just for the Guardians Coaster as it is a brand new ride, they have to do land clearing and build new building plus completely convert and old, still large building into a heavily themed queue with multiple pre-show elements, so it is almost like building 2 attractions as one

I haven’t been on wdwmagic all day but I believe previously he said this includes more than just the ride itself. Stuff like the possible speedway refurb and stuff in that area.
Actually he stated he "HOPED" it included the speedway and such, he was not positive on that

I can’t even imagine how they are going to make the railroad work through ththe Tron ride in terms of theming. An old train doesn’t exactly fit with the futuristic theme of Tomorrowland

I can’t even imagine how they are going to make the railroad work through ththe Tron ride in terms of theming. An old train doesn’t exactly fit with the futuristic theme of Tomorrowland
Tomorrowland and the train have been there since the park opened in 1971. I don't think Tron will change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!