The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Alien Saucer Swirl ride (which is one attraction we shouldn't use an abbreviation for) that is part of Toy Story Land will be just like Mater's, just different theme
Ahh, that makes sense.
Hadn't see that before our trip to DCA this fall, they have that mechanism on at least 2 if not 3 rides. Maters, mr ladybug, and think one other, but could be mistaken.

Ahh, that makes sense.
Hadn't see that before our trip to DCA this fall, they have that mechanism on at least 2 if not 3 rides. Maters, mr ladybug, and think one other, but could be mistaken.

seems to be one they are pushing - the Toy Story Land in Shanghai will have one too - though Woody themed

seems to be one they are pushing - the Toy Story Land in Shanghai will have one too - though Woody themed
Looks fairly simple on the mechanical side. Fairly compact for the number of people it can serve. I imagine operationally, it's a good fit.

hmm I wonder which country would get it. I would LOVE for it to be Germany. I am trying to think of who else has potential... China would be great, give Mulan some love but doubtful. Italy would be great...I am gunning for an Italian princess pretty hard!
I doubt Moracco would get one...
Canada could also really use one but I cant think of what would fit. A log flume ride would be great! Especially since I doubt I will ever see my precious New Groove flume ride

hmm I wonder which country would get it. I would LOVE for it to be Germany. I am trying to think of who else has potential... China would be great, give Mulan some love but doubtful. Italy would be great...I am gunning for an Italian princess pretty hard!
I doubt Moracco would get one...
Canada could also really use one but I cant think of what would fit. A log flume ride would be great! Especially since I doubt I will ever see my precious New Groove flume ride

Available room; by Canada, between Morocco and Japan, between Japan and America, between America and Italy, and both sides of Germany.

Available room; by Canada, between Morocco and Japan, between Japan and America, between America and Italy, and both sides of Germany.

Don't Germany, Italy, and Japan already have ride space built into the pavilions? So I'm thinking those three wouldn't be as difficult to add a ride to.

I'd still love to see a Big Hero 6 ride at Epcot...alas, I don't see it happening...

And my dream would be for them to revamp Imagination back to more the original, and reopen the top of the pyramids with the light tunnel and everything. I loved that area as a kid.

Don't Germany, Italy, and Japan already have ride space built into the pavilions? So I'm thinking those three wouldn't be as difficult to add a ride to.

I'd still love to see a Big Hero 6 ride at Epcot...alas, I don't see it happening...

And my dream would be for them to revamp Imagination back to more the original, and reopen the top of the pyramids with the light tunnel and everything. I loved that area as a kid.

I know for Germany the original plans called for a Rhine river ride so that I think would be relatively easy to put something in. I know when they had the proposed overhaul to EPCOT (Project Gemeni) Japan was supposed to get a Mt Fuji indoor roller coaster ride - so at least somewhere they have the plans for that. Not sure about Italy though

I would love a Big Hero 6 - though since that took place in a fictional location I would have similar issue with it going into Japan as with Frozen going into Norway

Fully agree on Imagination!

Japan was supposed to get "Meet the World", a revolving theater show like COP and America Sings. But they put it in Tokyo Disneyland instead. There's a show building in the castle in the back, part of which is used by the art gallery.

Actually all the countries have ride space (or at least expansion space) built into the pavilions. Take a look at the actual plots of land on Google maps satellite view. You'll see that there is extra room behind what the guest sees. Some of that room has structures that are used for park operations but can be moved without much difficult to add on to the pavilion. The real issue is money.

Hopefully Rat and Coco will be done by spring break 2020. With those two being added, along with FEA since we last went, it would be enough for us to not skip EPCOT next trip.

Here is the tentative slate per MagicFeather:
Consider the EPCOT Slate to be Three Phases:

By 2020:
Rat
Coco
By 2021:
I:WotW (well... Maybe not that incarnation)
Guardians
UK
By 2023:
Hotel (Maybe bumped to '21)
New Country
Another FW reno in West that is not Imagination!

I am assuming the I:WotW is illuminations new version, but am not sure

Hopefully Rat and Coco will be done by spring break 2020. With those two being added, along with FEA since we last went, it would be enough for us to not skip EPCOT next trip.

I do hope they get these rolled out sooner rather than later (and in a staggered way) - I know they have Toy Story in 2018 and Star Wars in 2019 so they don't need another draw to WDW, but even just the Coco overlay by 2019 might be nice as a draw away from DHS and to give people a reason to bo ok on their non-DHS days those years

Although, EPCOT is my favorite park so I can't imagine ever skipping it - but that is one of the things I love about WDW ... it can be vacationed/enjoyed so many different ways

Do we think Tom Sawyer Island overhaul is within the plans for current MK construction or will that be later on? I don't see them keeping that around past 2025

Do we think Tom Sawyer Island overhaul is within the plans for current MK construction or will that be later on? I don't see them keeping that around past 2025

Is that a rumor? I would be ok with an upgrade but hope they don't totally get rid of it. With the utilidoors there are a lot of areas of MK that are a lot of concrete/not much plant life so I appreciate the island in Frontierland

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!