The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah... right...

If they were to reboot the sequel trilogy then let’s reboot the prequels first.
It was more of a joke than a prediction. It seems like the reboot is all movie studios favorite thing to do.

I don't think they will reboot any of the trilogies, but if they would the sequels would be easier to reboot from a storyline stand point. Rebooting the prequels limits where you can go storyline wise.

Few things.
First, will that statistic hold up for the next 5-10 years?
Who will be going to WDW more? Grandparents or young families?
Who is more likely to be a Star Wars fan and care enough to go to a themepark for it?

This isn't about now, but 5+ years from now.

5 years from now people I know will be in their late 40s and early 50s (those who grew up on first trilogy). We will still be Star Wars fans and still care enough to go see a theme park based on it. That's a silly statement.

Now I think it would be silly to change the ride. But in my opinion...the original franchise will be held in higher regard forever over any of the new movies.

I don't think any of the new movies will produce the fanaticism that the original did.

But don't change the ride.

I hadn’t heard that the Mary poppies attraction could potentially be like enchanted tales with belle but it makes a lot of sense!

Wait .. What? Why is this even a rumor right now just after it opened?

Is "Sequel Trilogy" Rise of the Resistance not doing well that this would even be a rumor?

This feels more like "armchair imagineering" from a Star Wars fan than a rumor. I can't see Disney even thinking about re-skinning it so soon.

So is this telling us that the First Order IS defeated in IX .. and they don't know what to do with a ride (and land) that would be "stuck" between Episodes VII

Has Disney painted themselves in a corner with picking the Sequel Trilogy for Galaxy's Edge? I mean .. creating a whole land set in the MIDDLE of the current trilogy timeline is weird.

I mean .. when I went there .. I couldn't help but think how this land is going to feel AFTER episode IX if something major happens to any of the characters that currently walk around the land. If the land "progresses" with the movie plotline -- that would be fun. But if it doesn't and the land is "stuck" somewhere between Episode VII and IX, won't people be confused why they are seeing Kylo Ren walk around if he was recently killed in IX? (not a spoiler, just throwing out a scenario). Will "Rise of the Resistance' make sense if The Resistance wins and the First Order (and every storm trooper) is wiped out?
To me they screwed up not making it the original trilogy in the first place. Much more iconic characters that ALL generations love.

Few things.
First, will that statistic hold up for the next 5-10 years?
Who will be going to WDW more? Grandparents or young families?
Who is more likely to be a Star Wars fan and care enough to go to a themepark for it?

This isn't about now, but 5+ years from now.

I would still think even 5+ years from now the originals will still be the ones most people are familiar with. They are iconic films and everyone knows some of the characters even if they’ve never sat through the films. I don’t see the same being true for the new movies - they don’t even have a Jar Jar Binks character getting any press to make it known to people outside of the original viewing audience.

Also, I am saying this as a millennial who hasn’t seen the new trilogy and isn’t a particularly big fan of the original. I also really like the new land so don’t care either way but the only things I recognized in it were the Millenium Falcon and Chewbecca.

I mean, I am not a target demographic. I am a gen xer.
I have booked an ADR at Oga's cos, I do want to see the land, I do want to see the theming and try the drinks. I only really know the original star wars trilogy though. I am not bothered about queuing for hours to try the rides, or hoping to get a roaring group, I don't really know enough about the new stuff to be excited.
I wonder if there *are* more people like me out there...

I would still think even 5+ years from now the originals will still be the ones most people are familiar with. They are iconic films and everyone knows some of the characters even if they’ve never sat through the films. I don’t see the same being true for the new movies - they don’t even have a Jar Jar Binks character getting any press to make it known to people outside of the original viewing audience.

Also, I am saying this as a millennial who hasn’t seen the new trilogy and isn’t a particularly big fan of the original. I also really like the new land so don’t care either way but the only things I recognized in it were the Millenium Falcon and Chewbecca.

i agree that the OT will be the most iconic in the long term but I do think you are selling the new characters short. My oldest daughter (she's currently 10) woudl pick Rey as her favorite Star Wars character (non-droid at least ... speaking of which, I think BB-8 is pretty darn popular too)

i agree that the OT will be the most iconic in the long term but I do think you are selling the new characters short. My oldest daughter (she's currently 10) woudl pick Rey as her favorite Star Wars character (non-droid at least ... speaking of which, I think BB-8 is pretty darn popular too)
They definitely marketed the new trilogy to appeal to girls first and foremost. They wanted to reach out to a new demographic, and they definitely did a good job with Rey as the lead. Brought an entire new generation of fans into the fold due to her.

Lord of the Rings. Hmm. I'd be very curious to see how much that would draw crowds. Last movie was 6 years ago I think.
Well the books sold over 150 million copies, which makes it the second highest confirmed selling novel. And has been very prevalent in pop culture since World War 2.

Plus Amazon is currently dumping a billion dollars into a tv show.

So pairing that with the success of the films, it shouldn’t really have an issue drawing people. I mean it’s managed to boost travel to New Zealand, enough travel to Orlando shouldn’t be as hard.

Well the books sold over 150 million copies, which makes it the second highest confirmed selling novel. And has been very prevalent in pop culture since World War 2.

Plus Amazon is currently dumping a billion dollars into a tv show.

So pairing that with the success of the films, it shouldn’t really have an issue drawing people. I mean it’s managed to boost travel to New Zealand, enough travel to Orlando shouldn’t be as hard.

I know it's the best selling book, but does it draw a family to the parks? My personal view, and by no means is it representative of anything, but I don't see Lord of the Rings in the current cultural zeitgeist. Seems like a risky thing to invest in.

Forgot about the Amazon show though. If that's a hit, it could be a decent time to build a park land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!