The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Innoventions West where people complain about the sewer smell? I've never experienced it myself, but I wonder if that's a little bit of a driver in this decision.

The spine is where they have a lot of the Food and Wine booths. I could see a build out that helps expand on that.
I could also see them doing some sort of raised amphitheater type seating, with a view towards the new epcot fireworks show. You could get quite a few seats in there without killing the asthetics of the area. Side benefits is seating for food and wine style events. Something on the same concept as the American Gardens theatre across the lagoon.

Rumor

Lion King Ride Coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

This article is from Alicia Stella on Orlando Park Stop. She's known for her Universal sources but I'm not sure how reliable her Disney sources are. Thought I'd still post her article here. I did see what Martin had to say on WDWmagic forums and he said he's not sure if the plans for this has been resurrected.
Magic Feather said as well.

Sounds like it’s a wait and see on the film.

No idea if it has legs, but I do think an all ages/heights ride on that side of the park would be a welcome addition. It would not need to be "thrilling". I think a good people eater would do a lot to tame the lines in Pandora. I think another one in Dinoland could also work, but I suspect their are other plans there.
Certainly seems like there is plenty of smoke at AK for a least one new attraction, just seems like they were vacillating which direction to go with it.
I honestly think AK is set up better for growth than DHS. If they can plus the front side of the park to help it stay open later more often, I think that would be a tremendous help park wide.

Rumor

This article is from Alicia Stella on Orlando Park Stop. She's known for her Universal sources but I'm not sure how reliable her Disney sources are. Thought I'd still post her article here. I did see what Martin had to say on WDWmagic forums and he said he's not sure if the plans for this has been resurrected.

Might be more grand than they are my of for this - but if they did something like the coming Beauty and the Beast ride Tokyo is getting that could be really cool

Rumor

To further this...

The permit listed in this article is from Buena Vista Construction which does not do large scale projects. That is Disney's in house construction company.

There also seems to be some confusion on UK ride and if it is or is not approved. Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - he stated he had heard recently that a small attraction at UK had been approved. But now there is some news that Disney has told Imagineers to "pump the breaks" on any Mary Poppins plans. Now it was not totally confirmed that UK was going to be Poppins(Brave was also in the mix). Only time will tell.

Per Martin, Innoventions West will go. Complete spine redesign including demolition of Project Tomorrow which is part of SSE.
Does it appear that Spaceship Earth will be basically freestanding without any follow up areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!