The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not seeing anyone on social media talking about getting laid off, yet.
Still nothing on social media with people saying they were laid off. So if layoffs happened yesterday, they were at a level in management where it isn’t considered appropriate to share that kind of information on social media.

It’s pretty clear that wasn’t true; I’m glad I posted it to rumors and not news. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know if it necessarily wasn’t true. There could have been some management layoffs yesterday that we just won’t know about because they don’t share their information with Dis twitter. That is where I would expect to see layoffs at first. Disney doesn’t need to technically lay off front line cast members that are already furloughed. They aren’t costing them anything right now. They can avoid a PR hit by just keeping them furloughed and saying they are hoping to bring them back as soon as possible.

Any reason for that besides the current situation?
Seasonality on top of everything happening. Attendance usually starts dropping somewhere around August 15th and bottoms out the 18 days after Labor Day. It's the only truly low season anymore, even in normal times. Nobody pulls their kids out of school right after it starts, especially when the weather is still hot with daily rain, and there's a constant threat of hurricanes.

So you wind up with some mix of:
  1. Older folks / DVC owners visiting for F&W
  2. Parents of very small children
  3. International visitors with different school calendars lured by the huge international discounts Disney offers in Sept/Early Oct
  4. Locals
3 definitely isn't coming and 1 probably isn't either - you could book a Garden Studio at BWV for 9 consecutive nights in late September when I checked a short time ago - I assume from your name that you're a DVC owner so you know how absolutely insane that is for that time of year.

Seasonality on top of everything happening. Attendance usually starts dropping somewhere around August 15th and bottoms out the 18 days after Labor Day. It's the only truly low season anymore, even in normal times. Nobody pulls their kids out of school right after it starts, especially when the weather is still hot with daily rain, and there's a constant threat of hurricanes.

So you wind up with some mix of:
  1. Older folks / DVC owners visiting for F&W
  2. Parents of very small children
  3. International visitors with different school calendars lured by the huge international discounts Disney offers in Sept/Early Oct
  4. Locals
3 definitely isn't coming and 1 probably isn't either - you could book a Garden Studio at BWV for 9 consecutive nights in late September when I checked a short time ago - I assume from your name that you're a DVC owner so you know how absolutely insane that is for that time of year.

Also school schedules seem a bit in the air and people will probably want to take some time figuring things out. I know some states have a fall break when people would go to WDW bit I think some have their start dates pushed back

Also school schedules seem a bit in the air and people will probably want to take some time figuring things out. I know some states have a fall break when people would go to WDW bit I think some have their start dates pushed back

In addition, many school districts and/or states will require anyone returning from Florida to quarantine for 14 days before returning to school. Just a combination of many factors that will lead to extremely low attendance in September in particular.

In addition, many school districts and/or states will require anyone returning from Florida to quarantine for 14 days before returning to school. Just a combination of many factors that will lead to extremely low attendance in September in particular.
I wouldn’t assume we have the same hot spot states in September as we do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter